Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Harrisburg Gun Show - Mid Atlantic Arms Collectors

This used to be an excellent show for me but now its a no-go anymore. Back in the 90's i would take off fridays from my jobs just to set up , hotel for 2 days. But thanks to the internet and the public its a pale shadow of its former glory. When the show gets only half full and i borderline breaking even when selling its over for me. Not the promotors fault, most dont know nick PAYS for the dealers parking fee. Its been a year and half since i have been there and a year before that, shame anymore. Cant compete with the internet anymore.
    No Peace In Our Time.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by silent*anarchy View Post
    This used to be an excellent show for me but now its a no-go anymore. Back in the 90's i would take off fridays from my jobs just to set up , hotel for 2 days. But thanks to the internet and the public its a pale shadow of its former glory. When the show gets only half full and i borderline breaking even when selling its over for me. Not the promotors fault, most dont know nick PAYS for the dealers parking fee. Its been a year and half since i have been there and a year before that, shame anymore. Cant compete with the internet anymore.
    What you said is true of most gun shows anymore. I too remember the Harrisburg shows in the 90s, that was a great time for it. Tons of dealers selling firearms at very reasonable prices. Bought alot aat that show in those days. I still go to this show and pretty many others but to me they've become more of a quick pass through to see if I find anything on my "want list" or maybe buy a used scope or some bulk ammo etc. Too many selling junk knives, beef jerky, old beat up milsurps with sewer pipe bores, and many charging more for used or new guns then I would pay at one of the local shops etc etc.

(Schuylkill County)

Quote Originally Posted by silent*anarchy View Post
    I dont think anything in the USA is the same as it was in the 90's. I have been to 4 Harrisburg shows in the past 2 years and cant say Ive ever seen it only half full. The times are harder thats a fact between gas prices being so high and disposable income being so low, you will have this. As far as gunshows go Harrisburg and Oaks are as good as it gets IMO.

We will be set up there with 7 tables
    Owner of EMac's Tactical - www.emacstactical.com

(York County)

Think this show is going to be worth it? I was dissapointed by the last one I went to at the farm show, seemed like there were more ammo cans for sale than guns. Thinking about getting a mosin-nagant rifle for a project, hope i can pick one up at good price.

Just a heads up... the city has recently installed "No Parking" signs on the rte 22 bypass. For thos of us that used to park on the hill leading to the National Guard armory there is no more free parking. They will tow you.

(Chester County)

So... A few questions.

Is this a new promoter? I've got the day free tomorrow, but I'm a little nervous with some of the prior reviews. Is this "really" goin to be a 1200 table show?

Oh, and is CC allowed? Or are there cops there fondling all the incoming guns like Oaks?

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by JonEMTP View Post
    So... A few questions.

Is this a new promoter? I've got the day free tomorrow, but I'm a little nervous with some of the prior reviews. Is this "really" goin to be a 1200 table show?

Oh, and is CC allowed? Or are there cops there fondling all the incoming guns like Oaks?
    The website says firearms can't be loaded in building. Last one I went to at farm show the people who had tickets also had zip ties and had to zip your weapon. As far as table, I was wondering that myself.

(Snyder County)

The advantages of the Harrisburg gun is the ability to walk around without bumping into someone and having the opportunity to handle a lot of different firearms. If the bulk ammo guy is there, you can get some really great prices on ammo at just about dealer price. Now if you are looking particular firearm for cheap, you're probably not going to find it. Folks need to understand that vendors gamble $500+ on setup fees, gas, meals and lodging to bring what they have to the public. The last show I did in Harrisburg (last year) was discouraging with just about breaking even. For myself I rather give great deals though out the year and avoid the hassles of the show.

WORD OF WARNING....
    One thing that really pissed me off is seeing dealers sell their guns for less but charge extremely high background check fees. Before you purchase a gun find out exactly what they charge to do the background check and if there are any other fees. There were a few dealers charging $45 which is completely wrong.

Any reports from the dealer turnout yet? How many tables are there really?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast