Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Couple AK's

(Cumberland County)

Default Couple AK's

Bulgarian AK74 Plum

Russian AKM's built from PLO kits.

Left-over parts, Egyptian ARM metal with Bulgy furniture.

That plum furniture looks kewl. I have a WASR 10 and a SAR1...I haven't even shot my SAR1 yet...I have been saving it...I put a folding stock and SAW PG on the SAR1. AK's are great because of the abuse they can take and continue to function.

Default Re: Couple AK's

What type of brake is on your '74? Domestic, import?

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by aubie515 View Post
    That plum furniture looks kewl.
    Agreed, that plum AK is really nice.
    "Political Correctness is just tyranny with manners"
    -Charlton Heston

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
    -James Madison, Federalist Papers, No. 46.

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy." [sic]
    -John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas

Question Re: Couple AK's

This may be a stupid question. are full auto guns legal in Pennsylvania? i live in NY.
    "A word to the wise ain't necessary -- it's the stupid ones that need the advice."
    - HMPM-
    - GoArmy.com

Quote Originally Posted by Abrams.357 View Post
    This may be a stupid question. are full auto guns legal in Pennsylvania?...
    NOT a stupid question. While machineguns are considered "offensive weapons", they are implicity permitted. The law (my emphasis in bold):

§ 908. Prohibited offensive weapons.

(a) Offense defined.--A person commits a misdemeanor of the first degree if, except as authorized by law, he makes repairs, sells, or otherwise deals in, uses, or possesses any offensive weapon.

(b) Exceptions.--

1. It is a defense under this section for the defendant to prove by a preponderance of evidence that he possessed or dealt with the weapon solely as a curio or in a dramatic performance, or that, with the exception of a bomb, grenade or incendiary device, he complied with the National Firearms Act (26 U.S.C. 5801 et seq.), or that he possessed it briefly in consequence of having found it or taken it from an aggressor, or under circumstances similarly negativing any intent or likelihood that the weapon would be used unlawfully.
    2. This section does not apply to police forensic firearms experts or police forensic firearms laboratories. Also exempt from this section are forensic firearms experts or forensic firearms laboratories operating in the ordinary course of business and engaged in lawful operation who notify in writing, on an annual basis, the chief or head of any police force or police department of a city, and, elsewhere, the sheriff of a county in which they are located, of the possession, type and use of offensive weapons.
    3. This section shall not apply to any person who makes, repairs, sells or otherwise deals in, uses or possesses any firearm for purposes not prohibited by the laws of this Commonwealth.

(c) Definition.--As used in this section, the following words and phrases shall have the meanings given to them in this subsection:

"Firearm."
    Any weapon which is designed to or may readily be converted to expel any projectile by the action of an explosive or the frame or receiver of any such weapon.
    "Offensive weapons."
    Any bomb, grenade, machine gun, sawed-off shotgun ...

Source-click here

However...possession and use are two entirely different things. If you have LOTS of money, you can buy all the MGs you want. Finding a place to use them is another matter, and not as easy. Most of the people I know that have machine guns bought them when they were still in the three and four digit price range, ie, the 1980s.

Also, Federal Law takes precedent...basically if it's okay with the Feds, it's okay with PA. So, unless you're LE or military you would be restricted to pre 1986 machineguns=LOTS of money. M16s typically sell for $10,000 and up.

Fred,
    Nice - did you do the Russian builds yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by Abrams.357 View Post
    This may be a stupid question. are full auto guns legal in Pennsylvania? i live in NY.
    You're switching topics and not thinking Fred's AKs are full-auto, yes?

Exclamation Re: Couple AK's

Quote Originally Posted by PA Rifleman View Post
    NOT a stupid question.
    You have to remember i live in NY- no more than 10 rounds; no "assault weapons" and so many other ridiculous laws, with no apparent purpose.
    "A word to the wise ain't necessary -- it's the stupid ones that need the advice."
    - HMPM-
    - GoArmy.com