Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: AR Pistol

(Lancaster County)

Default AR Pistol

I've got a Surplus Arms and Ammo lower with DD LPK, magpul pistol grip, RRA pistol buffer with carbine H Buffer and spring. On top a Daniel Defense upper with DD Bolt Carrier & BCM - Medium Gunfighter Charging Handle.

My question is I was planning on a DD 10.3" barrel with a low profile gas block carbine length, what FF rail do I use to cover it? I was thinking of the DD Omega X Rail™ 9.0, Mid-length.

Would that work?

I haven't decided on what I want on the end but, I know I want the gas block covered... will I be OK?

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: AR Pistol

I also want to know if this would be a good product to use... or if there is a better vise block?
    http://www.midwayusa.com/product/730...k-ar-15-delrin

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by OvadekP View Post
    I've got a Surplus Arms and Ammo lower with DD LPK, magpul pistol grip, RRA pistol buffer with carbine H Buffer and spring. On top a Daniel Defense upper with DD Bolt Carrier & BCM - Medium Gunfighter Charging Handle.

My question is I was planning on a DD 10.3" barrel with a low profile gas block carbine length, what FF rail do I use to cover it? I was thinking of the DD Omega X Rail™ 9.0, Mid-length.

Would that work?

I haven't decided on what I want on the end but, I know I want the gas block covered... will I be OK?
    If you want to stick with a Daniel Defense rail id go with the lite or M4. Do you just want the rail to cover the gas block or do you want it to cover the FH/Comp as well? A 9" rail will cover the gas block but will not cover your FH/Comp. Im using a 9" rail for a 7.5" pistol build.

-Mike

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by OvadekP View Post
    I also want to know if this would be a good product to use... or if there is a better vise block?
    http://www.midwayusa.com/product/730...k-ar-15-delrin
    Fine for holdinf your upper while you install sights, optics, two piece rail, etc but those are not intended for 1 piece rail/barrel installation. You will need the one the sandwiches the upper receiver.

-Mike