Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default XD 45 compact or glock 30?

Ok, I want to get a 45 for concealed carry. I have it pretty much down to these two as the choice, but thought maybe some of you can give me some advice on which one to go with based on the information provided below.

Overall, I do like the xd better. The plus I see with the Glock is it has an overall slimmer profile and seems it would be easier to conceal, and has a longer overall hand held portion of the grip for the hands, which for me is important, because I have big hands. On the other side, the xd grip felt more comfortable for me, and I like the safety features on it which would help avoid an AD. It's just that with the shorter hand held part of the grip on the xd, it concerned me, and the service length grip I feel is too big for cc. This has proven to be a tough decision for me.

What do you all think?

(Tioga County)

Default Re: XD 45 compact or glock 30?

Accuracy is King. Get the one you think you can shoot best. In my case I don't find the XD service that difficult to carry concealed. One thing you going to need to do to carry concealed on the waist is get a better belt than one you get a wally world.

Holsters are another thing that is more or less personalized.

Quote Originally Posted by Weights View Post
    Ok, I want to get a 45 for concealed carry. I have it pretty much down to these two as the choice, but thought maybe some of you can give me some advice on which one to go with based on the information provided below.

Overall, I do like the xd better. The plus I see with the Glock is it has an overall slimmer profile and seems it would be easier to conceal, and has a longer overall hand held portion of the grip for the hands, which for me is important, because I have big hands. On the other side, the xd grip felt more comfortable for me, and I like the safety features on it which would help avoid an AD. It's just that with the shorter hand held part of the grip on the xd, it concerned me, and the service length grip I feel is too big for cc. This has proven to be a tough decision for me.

What do you all think?