Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Colt Revolver Fans - I have a question

Look what followed me home yesterday from my local gun shop. I came across a Colt King Cobra "Enhanced". I am a Python/Diamondback guy but this revolver was just way too clean to say no to. Came with box, papers, hang tags, the works.

The original owner stated he purchased it in the 1990's, fired two cylinders, cleaned it and put it away since then. It is that clean.

I am a Colt Afficionado but can honestly say, I do not know much about the King Cobra Enhanced - Model AA3040E. I have picked up bits and pieces on the web. I did not even know they made an "enhanced" version until I brough it home and web surfed for a while. What appealed to me was the counter bored muzzle. I had a KC back in the 90's also but sold it off. I did not like how they finish the muzzle.

Anyone have one? How do they shoot?

I noticed that the Blue Book does not differentiate the "Enhanced" Version but over on the Colt Forums & Gun Broker they seem to bring a slight premium over your regular KC's. I got it for a very good price when I thought it was just a regular KC, it is even more of a deal now that it is an enhanced version.

Any comments would be appreciated. It joins the rest of them.
    Attached Images Attached Images

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: Colt Revolver Fans - I have a question

Wow that is an awesome collection you have.

Thanks! That represents many years of "trolling" gunshops and being in the right place at the right time. I like "fishing" for them, going straight to "Gunbroker" takes all of the challenge out of it.

(Warren County)

Thumbs up Re: Colt Revolver Fans - I have a question

Very nice collection you have there and I like your idea of trolling for guns. Alot of times it all boils down to being in the right place at the right time. Congrats on your find.

Quote Originally Posted by Seabee CO View Post
    Thanks! That represents many years of "trolling" gunshops and being in the right place at the right time. I like "fishing" for them, going straight to "Gunbroker" takes all of the challenge out of it.
    Tim , USAF Ret.

Congradulation on your Colt revolver collection!! You really have a nice selection is a that a 8" Diamondback you don't usually see many of those.
    And I really like your Anancondor collection along with your Pythons damn they are PRETTY.

I own a King Cobra it's the last version of the Mark III Trooper pretttyup by the ss finish, barrel build up and short trigger pull. It's a very sturdy and accurate gun. It's not hand fitted like the Python but it is rugged and durable. I think it would make a fine addition to your Colt collection they usually don't carry the high end price of the Python. But it's still a Colt.

(Westmoreland County)

Hmmm, not sure about enhanced models. From what I have heard, enhanced models had something different with the crown Barrel recess or something?) and an Anaconda sized cylinder release. My KC is non enhanced and has a flush barrel...

Last edited by RocketFoot; February 27th, 2012 at 01:49 PM.

New AR15 Forum! www.AlphaRomeo15.org All AR, No Attitude!

Quote Originally Posted by Neko456 View Post
    Congradulation on your Colt revolver collection!! You really have a nice selection is a that a 8" Diamondback you don't usually see many of those.
    Actually, it is an 8" Electroless Nickel Python. The two 4" Blues are DiamondBacks...one in 38 and one in 22.

(Lehigh County)

Beautiful collection! Did you post your question on the Colt Forum? Those guys have an amazing wealth of information.

Quote Originally Posted by Seabee CO View Post
    Actually, it is an 8" Electroless Nickel Python. The two 4" Blues are DiamondBacks...one in 38 and one in 22.
    456 - The Diamondbacks look like magnum the DB is usually sleeker then the Pythons. Anyway that is a great collections of EXPENSIVE Colt revolvers., pending when you start collecting. THe Pythons have always been high dollar the Ananacondors have crept up since they stop making them. The King Cobra looks good in the mix.