Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Default Dunhams Sporting Goods

I love this place! They have great sales usually and when their ammo is on sale, I stock up on it. Though some think their ammo is overpriced, when you do the research it seems its competitive or cheaper than ordering online especially with some places shipping prices. I don't understand how people can order off of Cheaper Than Dirt when their shipping is so ridiculously expensive.
    Anyways, I bought a couple WASRs and Mosin Nagants there and there's never any lines and staff are very friendly. Last year, they had 30-30 and 30-06 ammo for $11.99 and I'll pick up some 7.62x39 and .223/5.56 ammo up when its on sale.

(Northumberland County)

Default Re: Dunhams Sporting Goods

I've been shopping at the Dunhams in Buckhorn. I picked up a few Mosin Nagants here. I wasn't too impressed by their prices, it's a place you have to shop when something is on sale.

(Allegheny County)

The thing I like about Dunham's is that it's as close to a gun shop you can get to without being in a gun shop.

They stock surplus military rifles right next to your average deer rifle. It's just a little different than what you see at a place like Dick's, or W-mart.

Their prices are generally aimed at people who don't know that they are being ripped off.
    "Dude, that's badass! How much?"
    "This (WASR) AK47 is $699"
    "SWEET! I'll take it!"

A fool and his money...

Their SALE prices put them in line with generally accepted fair prices.
    The fact that they offer layaway is a bonus too.

They aren't a one-stop gun shop, but they offer enough of a selection of firearms and accessories that I'm glad they are around when I need something.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Allegheny County)

Wait...they have layaway? I got my WASR on sale for $450 and had $200 in giftcards for there. I was unable to find a better priced one in the Pittsburgh area and Bravermans wouldn't let me use their FFL to have neither an AK 47 or 74 shipped. I heard they won't allow use of their FFL to purchase those types of rifles after they had backlash since the Ak Poplawski used to murder those 3 officers was bought there, that's just what I heard though. I live 2 blocks from that incident btw, just to throw that in.

(Allegheny County)

Layaway. Yup.

Perfect for when you see a milsurp in great shape, but don't have the cash on hand for. Lay it away so nobody else gets to put their grubby mitts on it and wait for it to go ON SALE! LOL!

Layaway terms/times vary depending on cost of item being purchased, but they've been good about allowing payment to be made longer than what is stipulated. A manager told me that so long as I was making a regular payment, he wasn't too concerned. That said, don't assume that to be the case everywhere just because "some guy on the internet" said so.

(Allegheny County)

Thanks for the info

(Venango County)

I spent money at Dunhams once. A mosin was on sale, it came to be around $80 out the door.

My local one, you are hard pressed to find someone to help you, and when you do, they don't know what they are talking about.

I was there once, looking at bolt guns, and some younger gentleman was looking at "assault rifles". And I kid you not, the kid behind the counter says "Dude, you will love this assault rifle, it shoots the .223 ACP armor piercing round, just like the army uses." I remember my wife saying "let it go", and I sat there and laughed at them both.

Their federal .223 is always 30% off, but is marked up 35% to begin with.

They will have to close every other shop near me before I spend a dollar at mine. I'm glad to OP has had a good experience there, but I have not yet had anything but trouble.
    I'm so fast, I can bump fire a bolt action.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I spent money at Dunhams once. A mosin was on sale, it came to be around $80 out the door.

My local one, you are hard pressed to find someone to help you, and when you do, they don't know what they are talking about.

I was there once, looking at bolt guns, and some younger gentleman was looking at "assault rifles". And I kid you not, the kid behind the counter says "Dude, you will love this assault rifle, it shoots the .223 ACP armor piercing round, just like the army uses." I remember my wife saying "let it go", and I sat there and laughed at them both.

Their federal .223 is always 30% off, but is marked up 35% to begin with.

They will have to close every other shop near me before I spend a dollar at mine. I'm glad to OP has had a good experience there, but I have not yet had anything but trouble.
    Yeah. Pretty much how I've seen things too. Still nice to have them around.