Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Montgomery County)

Default I met Bernie last night

I went to the Flyers game last night with my 22 year old son.
    http://www.pafoa.org/forum/lounge-10...ers-h-o-f.html

What a great night it was. (It would have been better if the Flyers showed up to play the whole game instead of just the last two minutes, but its a long season)

My son and I got there early so we could hang out and grab something to eat and have beer.
    As we were walking around the concourse, I saw a small group of people standing around.
    In the middle of them was Bernie Parent.
    (I know, some of youz guys in the left part of the state are saying "Who cares" )
    I'm 44 and grew up with Bernie and the rest of the boys and actually saw them win a couple of Stanley Cups (forever ago)
    Bernie was one of my Heros. Without him, the Flyers would have never won a cup.
    Bernie was real cool. He took the time to take a picture (crappy cell phone, but better than nothing) and talk to me for a minute or two.

The Hextall ceremony was just awesome.
    Hexy was and always will be one of the greatest Flyers.

One on one time with my oldest boy, meeting Bernie, and Hexy being inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame all in the same night - It just doesn't get any better!!

Bye for a while, guard the fort. - My Dad

Default Re: I met Bernie last night

i remember watching bernie when i was a kid... broad st bullies.....there will never be another. personally, i think he was the best damn goalie in the game... +1 for bernie

(Berks County)

You lucky bastad. The last time I met any of the cup winners was the first time Atlanta came here to play. They had the whole alumni team and I got to meet both the Hammer and the Hound Dog outside the building before the game. That was MANY moons ago though. Too bad the couldn't pull off the comeback for you though.
    Bill USAF 1976 - 1986, NRA Endowment, USCCA

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by billamj View Post
    You lucky bastad. The last time I met any of the cup winners was the first time Atlanta came here to play. They had the whole alumni team and I got to meet both the Hammer and the Hound Dog outside the building before the game. That was MANY moons ago though. Too bad the couldn't pull off the comeback for you though.
    The actual game was pretty bad. They played really flat and Biron didn't have his best game. I think that Nitty is playing much more confident right now than Biron.

It was the first time that I've seen Ovetchkin play in person.
    I think he is by far the best and most complete player in the game right now.
    I don't even know how people can compare him and Crosby. Don't get me wrong, I think Crosby is one of the top players in the league, but Ovetchkin is on another lever. He is much more physical and can stand up for himself.

Bye for a while, guard the fort. - My Dad

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by 1blindref View Post
    The actual game was pretty bad. They played really flat and Biron didn't have his best game. I think that Nitty is playing much more confident right now than Biron.

It was the first time that I've seen Ovetchkin play in person.
    I think he is by far the best and most complete player in the game right now.
    I don't even know how people can compare him and Crosby. Don't get me wrong, I think Crosby is one of the top players in the league, but Ovetchkin is on another lever. He is much more physical and can stand up for himself.
    +1000 on Ovetchkin vs. Crosby. Ovetchkin is 100% man out there, he'll skate, score, pass, shoot, check and fight. Crosby on the other hand. I think it would have been much more appropriate for the league to have Ovetchkin say that line about playing for the logo on the front rather than the name on the back. Just my $0.02.
    Bill USAF 1976 - 1986, NRA Endowment, USCCA