Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Cumberland County)

Default Glock 19 upgrades

I got my Glock 19 back from the gunshot and had them put new Warren Tactical Sevigny Carry Sights, Glock 3.5 pound trigger connector and new base plate. I took it to the range tonight to test it out. The sights are fantastic. Very easy to acquire the target quickly. The trigger didn't feel much different when dry firing, but when I shot it, you could definitely tell it was a lot lighter. With the combination of the sights and trigger connector it definitely helped with the accuracy. The first target I shot 2 to the body and one to the head. I tried to shoot as quickly as possible. there are 16 hits to the body and 8 to the head. The 2 holes high and to the right were in the target when i set it up. The second target I shot with the last 7 rounds I had. I shot this rapid fire as quickly as possible. The first 5 were spot on then i had 2 fliers, but I am extremely happy shooting that group rapid fire. All targets were at 10 yards. In conclusion, I am happy with the upgrades and they were relatively inexpensive to have installed. I could have done them myself but I am not that mechanically inclined.
    Last edited by pokerguy005; May 10th, 2012 at 03:45 PM.

(Cumberland County)

Default Re: Glock 19 upgrades

I have no idea why the pictures came out sideways.

(Lycoming County)

Nice base plate

Does the trigger reset feel the same with the 3.5lb connector?

(Cumberland County)

I play a lot of poker so I felt that was the right one for me. I don't know if its my imagination but it seems as though it resets quicker and with less slop, if that makes any sense.

(Centre County)

I never liked Glock. I even bought G17 several years back trying to like the gun, and couldn't.

But lately, I found myself eyeing the G19 everytime I'm at the LGS.
    I hate myself for doing that, but I can't help it!

Good base mods, by the way
    Audemus jura nostra defendere

(Beaver County)

Well at least we know you don't have a gambling problem....this made apparent by the fact that you got a Glock.

I like the size of the G19/G23. They're small enough to conceal easily, but still large enough to shoot comfortably. I find myself carrying my G23 a lot when I want to conceal. Your choice of sights was a good one, too, because Glock sights suck. They're not even a good imitation of a shitty sight. I put some Warren two dot sights on my G17 & love them.
    Last edited by IronButt; February 23rd, 2012 at 01:27 AM.
    "It's hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
    Thomas Sowell

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by IronButt View Post
    I like the size of the G19/G23. They're small enough to conceal easily, but still large enough to shoot comfortably. I find myself carrying my G23 a lot when I want to conceal. Your choice of sights was a good one, too, because Glock sights suck. They're not even a good imitation of a shitty sight. I put some Warren two dot sights on my G17 & love them.
    Im not really big enough to conceal a G19....I have a Kahr CM9 for Concealed carry. Yeah I agree the Glock factory sights are horrible. These Warren Tactical are nice....the fiber optic pops and with a flat black rear sight your attention is immediately focused on the front sight. I think it was a good purchase. And to the previous poster..You're right I dont have a gambling problem...I have a winning problem.

Quote Originally Posted by pokerguy005 View Post
    Im not really big enough to conceal a G19....I have a Kahr CM9 for Concealed carry. Yeah I agree the Glock factory sights are horrible. These Warren Tactical are nice....the fiber optic pops and with a flat black rear sight your attention is immediately focused on the front sight. I think it was a good purchase. And to the previous poster..You're right I dont have a gambling problem...I have a winning problem.
    Hell, a loose black t-shirt will conceal a shotgun. Anyway, enjoy!
    "It's hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
    Thomas Sowell

(Bucks County)

Poker... I have a potential answer for your takedown issue in your other thread. Just a heads-up in case you miss it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast