Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Pennsylvania Antique Gun Collectors Association, LuLu Shrine @ Plymouth Meeting

Default Re: Pennsylvania Antique Gun Collectors Association, LuLu Shrine @ Plymouth Meeting

Sounds like this is the show that used to be at the Sunnybrook Ballroom in Pottstown. Great show , but keep in mind that this is an ANTIQUE show. Antique means pre-1898 and they are very serious about this. I watched them tell people trying to walk in with 1903 Springfields to sell to put them back in their cars.

If ya don't like the Forks AG Hall show , you really won't like this.

Don't go looking for modern tacti-kool stuff and ammo. Their idea of hi-capacity is a 14-shot Henry Rifle.

But if ya want to see a bunch of nice original black powder and Revolutionary to Civil War guns and stuff , this is it. Never saw so many prime 1850s-1860s Colt precussion revolvers and original US issue SAAs in one place.
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

Default Re: Pennsylvania Antique Gun Collectors Association, LuLu Shrine @ Plymouth Meeting

Hmmmm? I wonder if the dealors at this show will be more interested in showing off their collections or selling? I collect Civil War Era pocket pistols and I am always looking for various makers. Most of the time these type of firearms are very unreasonably priced.

I have been on the lookout for another S&W Model 2 Army.

Any guesses as to the number of dealors or tables?

Quote Originally Posted by Tin Soldier View Post
    Hmmmm? I wonder if the dealors at this show will be more interested in showing off their collections or selling? I collect Civil War Era pocket pistols and I am always looking for various makers. Most of the time these type of firearms are very unreasonably priced.

I have been on the lookout for another S&W Model 2 Army.

Any guesses as to the number of dealors or tables?
    LuLu Shrine was a pretty good size hall. I'd guess 75-100 tables.

As to whether these guys want to show off or sell?

Well , ya know what they say , everythings for sale at the right price. It's definetly a high ticket show. Most people are very polite and knowledgeble though.

I go to look , which at this show , is about all I can afford.
    Last edited by abner13; February 23rd, 2012 at 02:24 AM.
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Delaware County)

Sounds like my kind of show. Hopefully the dealers will be in a selling mood, vs. showing.

(Berks County)

we went to a show like this in Gettysburg last fall and it was just a neat show to check out,there was a little of everything and everything was for sale not just show and tell.

(Delaware County)

I stopped by the show on the way to work this AM. Liked what they had for sale but I don't have the kind of scratch to buy much. It's all pre-1899 and they have a big sign at the door stating as such. One guy tried to bring in a 1903 and got turned away. Lots of Sharps and Spencer rifles, Trapdoors, Civil War era arms, etc. There was an 1888 Trapdoor beckoning to me which looked great on the outside but which has a sewer-pipe bore. Even for $650 I didn't want to take a chance on it. Might go back later this afternoon and try to talk them down.

How many vendors would you estimate? Did you take notice of the price ranges for the Spencers and Sharps? I was thinking of bringing my 1862 Ballard rifle and possibly trading up??

(Delaware County)

I'd say that there were about 25 dealers. It's certainly no Oaks-sized show but there's no Jerky hut, airsoft or other non-gun junk either. Some had several tables whereas others just had one. Most things there were out of my price range, plus I don't know enough about a lot of the older arms yet so I'm a bit apprehensive on spending over a K on something that could turn out to be a pig in a poke.

The Spencers and Sharps rifles & Carbines seemed to be around $1,700 and up. Some were above $4k.