Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Chester County)

Default Brady Campaign Rates PA 10th of 50 for Strength of Gun Laws

I'm not really sure what the hell is going on here, but the Brady Campaign released their 2007 state rankings based on the strength of gun laws and PA ranked 10th- right behind Illinois.

2007 Gun Laws Scorecard

Have things gotten so bad in PA that we're almost as strict as Illinois? Are our gun laws restrictive enough to place us in the top ten on the Brady list?

What the hell is going on here? I thought we had it pretty good with regard to gun rights. WTF???

http://www.bradycampaign.org

So confused...

Slim
    "How do you tell a Communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an Anti-communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin."- Ronald Reagan

"Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"- Patrick Henry

(Indiana County)

Default Re: Brady Campaign Rates PA 10th of 50 for Strength of Gun Laws

Just go with it. Maybe they'll leave us alone.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Aran View Post
    Just go with it. Maybe they'll leave us alone.
    Wise advice...one can only hope.

Slim
    "How do you tell a Communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an Anti-communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin."- Ronald Reagan

"Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"- Patrick Henry

(Philadelphia County)

I agree with the Brady Campaign completely. We are defeated, they have won. PA is an anti-gun paradise! They might as well just pack up, go home, and stop paying attention to what happens in Pennsylvania!
    Dan P, Founder & President, Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    Purchase a Forum SubscriptionBuy some PAFOA MerchandiseHelp PAFOA's Search Engine Ranking

(Jefferson County)

PA's laws or status has not changed in 10 or more years. We've been in that position for many many many years.. The Brady Bunch used to use a letter grading system before, but PA's C or D didn't stick out like an A or B that NY or CA got. But when you do it over a 100 point spread, sure our score does stick out then.

If anything, our laws have been loosened a tad in late 2005 when the GA forced the AG to get more agreements by law and had to review the states at least once a year. Also with the signing of the sportsman's concealed carry protections from the Game Commission/DNR..

If you look at what we "earned" points on, they are really asinine things that are pretty much meaningless. There are states with lower grades than ours that are far more restrictive to gunowners in other aspects. PA is a blessing despite the grade we got from the Brady bunch(of nuts).
    Last edited by knight0334; February 7th, 2008 at 11:26 AM.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515, SteveWag

Don't end up in my signature!