Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Newb W/ ???'s

Default Newb W/ ???'s

Hi I am currently not a gun owner but looking to buy a new mini 14 tactical (not the one w/ ATI stock just w/ 16" barrel). I'd like to buy from CDNNinvestments.comm since it seems they have the best deal for what I want. I've only called a couple shops but it seems as though they have teamed up not to accept transfers anymore from the online dealers because of the competition but I may just be over thinking it lol. ChoiceFirearms online out of Levittown seems to accept these transfers but nobody there likes to answer the phone and I haven't received a call back as of yet. Has anyone dealt with them? I'd like to buy from a shop and spend my money locally but if I can get a NEW firearm online significantly cheaper than a used one locally i'm going for the new one. My next question is does anybody know if I could pay for a background check before ordering/buying the firearm to make sure I don't run into any problems. I'm willing to pay for it before ordering and again when picking up the firearm I just don't want to order then be told no when going to pick it up. I don't have reason to believe I'd be denied but after some searching online it seems like many ppl run into problems and I'd just rather be safe than sorry. Thanks in advanve for all of your help.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Newb W/ ???'s

I would call
    tanners 215-343-3103
    claytons 215-672-6060
    classic pistol 215-953-7264

all 3 gun shops are friendly people who can answer your ?.
    i beleave all 3 will also accept online orders as well.

youcan alsp try budsguns for online order i v found they had good prices

Quote Originally Posted by usafammo View Post
    I've only called a couple shops but it seems as though they have teamed up not to accept transfers anymore from the online dealers because of the competition but I may just be over thinking it lol.
    Probably not a conspiracy, but some dealers seem to think it's still 1990, and the interwebs are a passing fad. Anyway, here's a source for dealers willing to accept transfers: http://www.gunbroker.com/FFL/DealerNetwork.aspx

Also check out Tanner's in Jamison (either for trasnfer or purchase). Pretty much the best store in eastern PA.

One thing about CDNN is that they're mostly a liquidator, not a regular distributor. Their specials may be discontinued items or old stock. I haven't heard of any major problems, just be sure of what youre getting.

To answer your 2nd question, no you can't do a "test" background check.

(Bucks County)

Forget classic pistol. They charge $50 for transfer,plus who knows what for accepting delivery. 90% of my gun purchases have been online, and majority from gunbroker.com .
    You can also find ffl guys to receive it for you and do the transfer at reasonable charges.
    My max I will accept for receiving/transfer is $25. Some ppl on here profess to "buy local" and support local business. That's fine, but competition for business is what keeps prices down.

(Bucks County)

Last time I checked, Ready Aim Fire off Rt 13 in Levittown was $25.. Not sure if that was a members only price or not... Give em a call to find out..

(Venango County)

Actually you "can" do a "test" background check, but only if you are 21
    Simply apply for a Pa. License To Carry Firearms.
    The requirements for LTCF are slightly stricter than the prohibitions are,
    No if you are under 21...well...then no, you can't

Glock Pistols.......So simple a Caveman could fix them!

Thanks for all of your helpful responses. I finally got in touch with Cathy from choice firearms out of Levittown and plan to do the transfer through her. The total cost on her end is $36.80 which I am fine with since I'll be saving a boat load. I called Classic Pistol and they don't accept transfers from the online companies anymore which is what got me thinking maybe their trying to boycott the online guys or something lol. I'll post in the near future about how the transaction goes and whether or not I'd recommend Choice. Thanks again

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Twistabister View Post
    Last time I checked, Ready Aim Fire off Rt 13 in Levittown was $25.. Not sure if that was a members only price or not... Give em a call to find out..
    I remember it being $35.
    <-Click For My Youtube [Don't waive your rights with your flags. -Sage Francis]

(Bucks County)

Tanners is $40 and they seem pretty cool about it

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Docsab View Post
    Tanners is $40 and they seem pretty cool about it
    For two minutes on the phone and five minutes of paperwork, getting forty bucks they should be downright giddy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast