Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Recent Montco Check card and LTCF acquisition

Just went through the whole ordeal with a friend of ours who got her LTCF.

She lives in Collegeville, so she called the local borough PD. They referred her to the Upper Providence Township police. Upper Prov clerk sent her to State Trooper bldg (RTE 73/113). State Trooper sent her back to Upper Prov with the sheet. Upper Prov admitted they misunderstood her the first time.They told her to come back tomorrow and it would be completed. It was finished that next day.
    I went with her to the Norristown Special Services last Friday. We went in just after they opened. I opened carried as I had read about some of the issues at the entrance. I informed the officer that I needed to check a firearm. That process was fairly easy and I placed it in the lock up under their desk. We went to the Special Services office and waited as three others were ahead of us. We handed her forms over and paid the $20 in check. The whole process took an hour or so and she walked out with a nice new LTCF.
    Oh, by the way, it seems that last Friday was Charlies last day before he retired.......

(Chester County)

Default Re: Recent Montco Check card and LTCF acquisition

My experience was very similar. My official residence is in Wayne, just West of Conshohocken, so I assumed the "local" PD I needed to go to was Radnor. I went there, and the nice woman at the front desk said I need to go to Upper Merion. I go there the next day to hand them my completed check form and they say come back in 2 days to pick it back up. I do so, pick up the form, take it to Norristown, and from there had a nearly identical experience to yours.

Everything went smoothly, and in the hour I waited there were actually 6 people ahead of me. I think there were three officers behind the desk taking care of things, so everything went smoothly. All of them were efficient, courteous, and friendly.

(Montgomery County)

I went there for my renew there a few weeks ago.. Walked in around 2:45 took about 20 min, no lines and walked out with the new LTCF. The guys in the office were very nice and chatted about his lineman family member since I was in my work uniform. Nice guys.

(Erie County)

My experience with Montgomeryville Police and MontCo Sheriff were good. The entire process, start to finish, took 2 days.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by MrPeanut View Post
    My experience with Montgomeryville Police and MontCo Sheriff were good. The entire process, start to finish, took 2 days.
    Nice. Two and half weeks for Abington. 30 minutes for the Sheriff's office.