Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Northampton County)

Default Re: Guthsville Gun Club

Quote Originally Posted by ffighter530 View Post
    Honestly, not going to lie, there are some assholes there. Im young, my friends are young. Were all responsible, not obnoxious, very safety conscious but still attract assholes while shooting AKs and ARs. Some tool shed tried to tell me I was firing rapidly from the hip and that it's a waste if it's not hitting the target. (he made this determination from 2 ranges away mind you) and just to be clear I wasnt firing from the hip. Just firing quickly but controlled and from a standing position.

But besides that for the most part people leave you alone. Just every now and then there's that guy with a stick up his ass.

Edit: I did just want to add, I do love and support this range and shoot here often and have learned from people there.
    Every range has people who like to comment on what others are doing.

We were there a few weekends ago shooting AKs, ARs, even a .50ae Desert Eagle. Many guns were shot "rapidly" (all on target) and not a single person minded anything we were doing. Its just luck of the draw who is around at the time

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by IntenseImage View Post
    Every range has people who like to comment on what others are doing.

We were there a few weekends ago shooting AKs, ARs, even a .50ae Desert Eagle. Many guns were shot "rapidly" (all on target) and not a single person minded anything we were doing. Its just luck of the draw who is around at the time
    Very true. Countless times I've been there without issues just a few times you get that one guy.

Still overall an awesome range.

(Lehigh County)

Well, I applied in December, and calls/emails all went unreturned. Wanted to get some rifle time in before my daughter was born... But I guess they don't need new members.
    The last thing I want to do is hurt you... but believe me, it's on the damned list.

(Northampton County)

Just show up for the montly meeting ,Safety/Orientation and have the Membership Secretary take care of your application and dues at that time .
    The night i jioned there were two people there that did this with no problem at all.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ten*K View Post
    Well, I applied in December, and calls/emails all went unreturned. Wanted to get some rifle time in before my daughter was born... But I guess they don't need new members.

just go online, fill out the form, pay and they mail you a card. get card, go shoot. no reason to go there personally if you don't want to go.
    is there a reason you were calling and emailing? i go there at least once a week, never had a problem with anyone.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by tonyfac View Post
    just go online, fill out the form, pay and they mail you a card. get card, go shoot. no reason to go there personally if you don't want to go.
    is there a reason you were calling and emailing? i go there at least once a week, never had a problem with anyone.
    Exactly what I did. After a half dozen calls and emails, it took 5 months to get a response that wanted to know why I hadn't joined yet. I don't have time in my life for this anymore.

Lets just say they galactically failed customer service. My time is extremely limited and I don't choose to waste it with this club.
    The last thing I want to do is hurt you... but believe me, it's on the damned list.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by tonyfac View Post
    You are required to attend a safety meeting before they grant membership unless you speak with them and they give you the OK to not attend.

Quote Originally Posted by Ten*K View Post
    Exactly what I did. After a half dozen calls and emails, it took 5 months to get a response that wanted to know why I hadn't joined yet. I don't have time in my life for this anymore.
    It surprises me since every time I have emailed them, I have gotten a response within 2 days. As others have suggested, you could have simply gone to the members meeting to discuss this which is held right after the safety orientation that you should have attended for membership anyway.

(Lehigh County)

All this talk makes me want to go shoot. Anyone up for a Monday afternoon shoot? i'll be going around noon, beautiful day out. need to test a Skorpion vz61 i just got finished with.

I did not write anything previous to today, but since the announcement has gone out, I will post here. Burt Schaffer, the club president, passed away yesterday. He was suffering from pancreatic cancer. I do not know how many of his duties he relinquished, or when he did so, but it may be that people not getting answers were not getting them because of this.

I knew Burt personally, and knew he was dealing with this for a little while now. I am sad to see him gone. He was a good guy, and worked real hard to improve the club. He will be missed by a lot of people.

Last edited by jsn124; April 15th, 2014 at 03:18 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast