Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    (Cumberland County)

Default The 2009 AWB, planning ahead?

There is a lot of talk about getting rifles and such before the coming weapons ban. I've been thinking about this and with the new batch of Ammo laws in the works I'm wondering if the new AWB will be retroactive. In other words you will have to give up any guns you own meeting the AWB requirements.

I'm fairly certain we will see something along these lines and it will pass. Don't be mislead, Romney has said he will sign a ban if it comes across his desk. We also know where McCain and the Dems stand.

Thoughts?

(Berks County)

Default Re: The 2009 AWB, planning ahead?

Personally I think a new larger more inclusive AWB is a probability. IMHO it will have no time limit and will include all semiauto long guns that hold over 4 rds and most semi auto pistols.

Buy your firearms now as I have been doing. Better to pay a few dollars in credit card interest now and have something in your hand other than dreams.

I wouldn't ignore loading up on ammo either.......

(Chester County)

I am sure some people are speculatively buying up any spare lower they can get their hand on - just in case.

It DID accelerate my AR-Fever, but I think that was going to be happening anyhow.

(Berks County)

While I agree that an AWB is likely in the future, and I don't agree with it, I don't believe it will be retroactive. Making it retroactive would mean government confiscation of privately owned property (the guns themselves) without probable cause, on a scale never before seen in the US, and would constitute a gross violation of 4th Amendment Rights.
    "Political Correctness is just tyranny with manners"
    -Charlton Heston

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
    -James Madison, Federalist Papers, No. 46.

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy." [sic]
    -John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas

Quote Originally Posted by ChamberedRound View Post
    While I agree that an AWB is likely in the future, and I don't agree with it, I don't believe it will be retroactive. Making it retroactive would mean government confiscation of privately owned property (the guns themselves) without probable cause, on a scale never before seen in the US, and would constitute a gross violation of 4th Amendment Rights.
    I agree. I don't see a nationwide gun grab going on. Not in my lifetime, or at least the twilight of it. The last AWB caused serious hemorrhaging for the democrats. Something will be attempted but not retroactive.

Part of me almost wishes they would try and go for the brass ring so we could have this showdown once and for all. But it won't happen. Lost rights in this country don't happen with one pass of the pen. They get chipped away little by little so most don't know/care until they're gone.
    FUCK BIDEN

(Chester County)

ZOMG!!!!!

Everybody Panic!!!!
    The material presented herein is for informational purposes only, is not guaranteed to be correct, complete, or up to date, does not constitute legal advice and does not establish an attorney-client relationship. You should NOT act or rely on any information in this post or e-mail without seeking the advice of an attorney YOU have retained.

In plain English, while I am an attorney, I'm NOT your attorney, and I'm NOT giving you legal advice.

(Allegheny County)

I can't speak to the federal ban of 2009, In PA IF the anti-gunners ever get the votes or IF there is another 50 state Reps change over in PA's next election, a renamed HB30 could be passed into law in PA.

Note HB 30 and most of these in Anti Gun Rights Bills Summary as of April 2007 are going NO WHERE NOW thanks to all the pro-gun reps but next election who knows?

read all the anti-gun laws introduced this session by april of 2007 and everyone is worried about a federal bill? PA with a simple majority in the house could become the most anti-gun state in the country, think not go read some of these links for yourself.

http://acslpa.org/n-legislative/Harr...f%204-2007.htm

HB 30 - Assault Weapon Ban, prohibition, registration, penalties (Amend 18 Pa.C.S.)

INTRODUCED BY FRANKEL, D. EVANS, BISHOP, WHEATLEY, YOUNGBLOOD, COHEN,
    BENNINGTON, GERBER, JAMES, MYERS, STURLA, WILLIAMS, CRUZ, CURRY,
    GALLOWAY, JOSEPHS, KIRKLAND, LEACH, M. O'BRIEN, PASHINSKI AND ROEBUCK

This is an extremely bad bill. It will make it illegal to posses a huge number of common firearms now owned and used by gun owners in PA. This bill makes the following unlawful:

1) To own, use, possess or sell an unregistered “assault weapon”.

2) Any accessory such as any detachable magazine over 10 rounds, barrel shroud, folding stock, thumbhole stock, telescoping stock, muzzle break or muzzle compensator. These parts described above are defined as “conversion kits”. Possession of conversion kits or components carries the penalty of first degree felony.

3) To keep your “assault weapon” unless you register it with the state police every year, pay a registration fee every year and undergo a complete background check every year. You will be required to safely and securely store “assault weapons” pursuant to regulations. You will be legally permitted to use the “assault weapon” only on your property or duly licensed firing range.

When transporting an “assault weapon,” you will only be allowed to travel directly to and from certain locations (without intermittent stops) and with special storage requirements.

Your registered “assault weapon” will have zero resale value, as you will be banned from selling, trading or transferring it. Someone will be allowed to inherit it provided they comply with all the above requirements within 30 days. The only way to dispose of your “assault weapon” will be to turn it over to the state police for destruction or permanent disabling so that it is incapable of discharging a projectile. Note: the state police will be allowed to perform a compliance inspection at your home once a year to ensure that you are not violating any provision of this law. If you are found in violation, the penalty is a third degree felony.

IF this is not bad enough go look at the anti-gun bills pending in harrisburg right now here in this excel spread sheet.

http://acslpa.org/n-legislative/pa_p...egislation.htm

(Allegheny County)

I'm stocking up, ammo too. I'm doing everything in my power to get Paul in office, but besides him every other candidate will support an AWB. It's prudent to stock up.

No, it won't be retroactive and parts might be able to come by so any lower you have should be able to be assembled as well.

Oh, and grab some 30+ round mags too.

(Allegheny County)

So who get to be the lucky one who uses white out on the constution to correct what was written?

(Cambria County)

We all need to buy "ASSAULT WEAPONS". Then we can sell them to each other. Then..... when they call you about your weapon. You can say, "Oh, I sold that ages ago". (Don't have to tell them about the AK you bought off some guy. And there isn't a record of that sale anywhere)

No record of the say between me and you? That is a good thing. Well, unless your keeping a record of sales. Which defeats the idea.
    The American Revolution would never have happened with gun control....
    The day they want my guns, they'll have to bring theirs!!!
    Proud to be One of the 3%

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast