Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Philadelphia County)

Default review & pics: new peep sights with rail for Ruger 10/22

I don't really ever do reviews but I put this one together for a post over at rimfire central. Since I put some considerable effort into taking pics I thought I'd squeeze a little more mileage from it by posting here as well. Hopefully someone will find it helpful.

First, standard disclaimers.
    I have no connection to this company. I found them when someone posted a link and was intrigued so I contacted them. After a few emails back and forth I decided to take a chance and give them a try. I was a little frustrated by the tiny pics on their website so I decided to take some pics of my own. I’ve offered these pics and more to True Shot Technologies if they want to use them. I mention this so that if you see my pics on their website you don’t get the mistaken idea that I work for the company or that I am shilling for them.

I’ve got a few years rifle shooting experience so I consider myself intermediate at best. I don’t want to pass myself off as an authority. This review is based on my experience and my opinions. What works for my situation may not be good for you.

I wanted to do a 10/22 build with iron sights for Appleseed, but I wanted the ability to put a scope on it for range fun as well. I already have a rifle with Tech Sights and I like them very much but I wanted this one to be a little different. I checked out a few options and ran across the True Shot Bravo sights. They seemed perfect for my needs but it was difficult to judge the build, fit and finish quality from the website pics. When the sights arrived I was pleasantly surprised and relieved.

The build quality is very good, installation was a breeze and the unit seems plenty sturdy. The rear sight is an aperture sight with adjustable windage. The front is a shielded sight that uses an AK style post which is adjustable for elevation. The adjustment tool is included in the kit (nice touch). Also included in the kit are the necessary screws for installation and a flash suppressor which I chose not to mount.

I expected to like these sights (what’s not to like) but as it turns out I love these sights! The opening of the rear sight aperture closely matches the diameter of the front sight hood so the sight picture is basically a circle in a circle. This makes for very fast target acquisition. I found that lining up the sights was effortless as the two circles naturally nest together.

The rear sight has a low profile so I was able to use Weaver low rings for a compact build. The scope is a Weaver 2.5-7x28.

There will probably be comparisons made to Tech Sights since the two products have some similarities. I also have a 10/22 with Tech Sights so I can offer some observations and a few photos.

The Bravo sights mount further up on the receiver so the sight radius is shorter by 1 5/16” compared to Tech Sights. I’ve always been very pleased with my Tech Sights but aesthetically I do like the fact that the Bravo Sight doesn’t hang off the back of the receiver. The height of the front sights is about equal. The rear Bravo Sight is .75” tall and the rear Tech Sight is .95” tall. The windage adjustment on the Tech uses click stops, the Bravo has two screw posts. You loosen one post and tighten the other so very minute movements are possible. Once set you tighten both posts to lock it in. The Tech Sights have 2 apertures for close range and distant shooting while the Bravo Sights have a single aperture.

I've only had the Bravo sights out to the range once as of this writing but suffice it to say I’m very pleased with them and am glad I took a chance.
    The sights can be found at True Shot Technologies website.

(Berks County)

Default Re: review & pics: new peep sights with rail for Ruger 10/22

very nicely done. very informative.

ic ant wait to get my 10/22 this week and see what all the fuss is about...! (as i have a Savage Mk II now and LOVE IT)...

btu im definitely going to look into these as well... i love me a good sight line

(Philadelphia County)

Thanks, glad you liked it. I have since ordered a second set for another 10/22.
    Funny now that I have a few 10/22s I'm beginning to look at bolt actions, specifically the Savage MKII and CZ 452/455.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by photoshooter View Post
    Thanks, glad you liked it. I have since ordered a second set for another 10/22.
    Funny now that I have a few 10/22s I'm beginning to look at bolt actions, specifically the Savage MKII and CZ 452/455.
    i have a Savage Mark II G model and love it... couldnt ask for anything more in a bolt action for under $200- accurate, reliable, durable, and super light... i would highly recommend the Savage Mark II's, especially w/ the Accutrigger