Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default Tell me about the CZ75

This will most likely be my next pick up. I would like to hear the good, bad and the ugly in the meantime. Thanks.

(Carbon County)

Default Re: Tell me about the CZ75

the good: everything about this gun is good. reliable, rugged, accurate as you can shoot, points excellent, holds plenty of rounds, nice trigger.

bad: not a good carry weapon because of the weight.
    hard to find stuff local for any CZ

ugly: everyone wants to shoot it at the range

I just purchased a CZ75b in Satin Nickel two weeks ago. So far put about 200 rnds through it with no problem. All reloads, mixture of lead and full metal jacket round nose. Accuracy is on par with my Sig 226/9's.

Both the test target and my first box of ammo for it showed that it had a tendancy to shoot an inch right at 9yards and three inches right at 25 yards. I noticed that the rear sight was slightly off center corresponding to the right grouping. I drifted the sight back to centerline and it shoots dead on now.

Fairly decent trigger pull for a new pistol, imagine it will smooth out some more after repeated firings. I am going to get the Mec Gar "anti friction" mags for it as I do not like the protruding floor plate of the factory mags.

Tough to find bolsters for it, I noticed it fits my Descantis belt holster that I had for my now "traded" Beretta 92. It is secure so if I decide to CCW it, it may ride in that one.

Hope this helps.

I love mine, but the piece of shit shoots slightly left and low at 100 yards:

I'm going to Oley fish and Game during the day tomorrow if you are off and want to try it.

(Lackawanna County)

I lust after one. Sweet looking and well made gun. I keep drooling over a used one in a local shop for $500. Tax return will be on the way soon....

Checking them out in shops I like how it fits my hands. Had a chance to fire one once, and it was one of the most natural shooting pistols I've ever felt. It will be the next pistol I buy.

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by john doe View Post
    I love mine, but the piece of shit shoots slightly left and low at 100 yards:

I'm going to Oley fish and Game during the day tomorrow if you are off and want to try it.
    100yards? The standard for gauging handgun accuracy is 25 yards or less.

At 100yds you can be sure to bet that the bullets will be hitting low. Hitting left is a matter of adjusting the sights.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

Somewhere around Phoenixville, Pennsylvania
    (Chester County)

After swirling around for months in the seemingly endless options that exist out there, a more knowledgeable friend of mine swooped in and said, "Just go get a CZ-75B and be done with it." It turned out to be fantastic advice, and I've been extremely happy with it in the four months since getting it. But, I must say, I do not have experience with a vast array of firearms, so if this were the worst weapon in the world, would I even know it?

I did a good deal of reading - mostly opinions - about it before buying it, and I was truly unable to find anyone speaking negatively of it. I do agree that it is a bit heavy for EDC, but there's always the compact version and the subcompact RAMI. One of those will be my next purchase, I suspect.

Being very much a novice, I can't comment on accuracy. I can, however, agree that it just feels right when you hold it, and it's an absolute pleasure to fire. The only downside is the ammo bill, since I can't help but take lunch breaks at the range now.

(Allegheny County)

Oh wow, this thread is timely.
    I haven't bought anything firearm related in about three years, but once spring gets here and I have some income, I'm thinking it's time, and a CZ is what I was considering.

I've been wracking my brain trying to compare the different models. I think the CZ website could be a bit more friendly in that regard.

I'm probably looking at one of the compact models, as I'd like to carry it.

What's the advantage/disadvantage of a model with a decocker vs a model with a safety?
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    100yards? The standard for gauging handgun accuracy is 25 yards or less.

At 100yds you can be sure to bet that the bullets will be hitting low. Hitting left is a matter of adjusting the sights.
    LOL. *cough* I think, just maybe, that could have been a joke.
    Hunting is NOT a 2nd Amendment Activity

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast