Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default NON-OFFICAL M&P9 RANGE REPORT...

ok this is a non official because the range was crowded and i didn't bring my range bag w/ my ammo so i had to purchase range ammo and they were only give people 2 boxes per person and i felt like i was being rushed to get in and get the hell out of the way...

anyway let me get to the m&p9...

the overall feel of the gun was natural, the trigger pull was very light and smooth. The trigger reset can barely be felt in the finger and this trigger will take a bit of getting use to but the m&p is dead accurate right out of the box.

i usually bring my own targets because i don't like those big stupid targets they give you, so i printed out a target and grabbed a few 3x5 cards before i left work...

the 1st target was the 8x11 in paper @ 25ft, looking at the target its ok but overall i'm not happy w/ this group at all. this is a new firearm to me and i can't expect to be perfect with as soon as i pick it up but unfortunately i do, i'm always hard on my self...

the m&p was very smooth, now for the 3x5's cards....

now w/ the 3x5 index cards i decided to place them on the target vertically a few inches apart from each other, put 5 rounds in each mags and did some slow fire w/ the 1st 2 magazines alternating targets (this is a technique i use during my practice/training to help me keep my sight picture while moving) and this was also out at 25ft.

the sights were easy to keep track of mainly because their big enough to stand out to the eye and again i'm not to happy about these groups either, they should have been less then 1" but i guess this is to be expected when learning a new trigger system...

overall i would definitely recommend the M&P for range, oc/cc, competition use because its accurate, light weight, high capacity mags nice, sights and the sights have and added bonus...

added bonus:

for anyone that has the m&p it is a good tactical gun, the rear sight has a flat surface somewhat like the Wilson combat rear sights and this allows you to rack the slide inserting a new round w/ your belt, back of your shoe, sneaker etc if you weak and or strong hand becomes disabled...

remember i was only able to put 50rounds through the m&p9 which i don't think is enough, the 2nd box was for my springfield...
    Attached Images Attached Images

(Chester County)

Default Re: NON-OFFICAL M&P9 RANGE REPORT...

"trigger will take a bit of getting use to"

Definitely, what you said... I love my M&P9, although the reliability is what I favor most. I feel like I could bury it in the back yard, dig it up a month later and go ape shit, if needed.

(Northampton County)

Great looking gun you got there. I'm sure like you said once your accustomed to the trigger system you'll be pulling in some great groups. Glad to hear positive feed back about the m&p I am S&W fan revolvers and semi autos, I'm even pretty fond of my Sigma so I'm sure I would love upgrading to the m&p series. Keep us posted with another review after a couple hundred more rounds.

(Northumberland County)

the M&P9 full size was my first handgun, and I love it! Once you get used to the trigger, it is capable of some very tight groups. I've read a lot about Apex trigger kits for it, but I have no desire to change the stock trigger right now. I think the next handgun I purchase will be a M&P 45.

(Lawrence County)

I know its well documented on these forums that the apex tactical kits are awesome but I'd thought I throw my two cents. I installed the USB and Hard Sear, the trigger is night and day difference. The grit in the take up is entirely gone. Buttery smooth. Trigger breaks at a crisp 4.5 pounds. Hell, there's even an actual audible trigger reset now(Not as strong as the glocks tho) For under a 100 bucks and about half hour of time, you can have quite the awesome trigger on the M&P.

(Susquehanna County)

I love mine and wont get rid of it. Its a great gun. I set mine up with some True dot night sights and Crimson Laser grips. Its a sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet gun!