Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Westmoreland County)

Default good and funny oc encounter last night

Let me start by saying i haven't been OC'ing for very long about 2 mos. So last night i make a late night stop at giant eagle after work to pick up a few things. As i'm standing there trying to pick a cereal i hear a man joking around with his wife behind me (not about me OC'ing just in general) and all of a sudden i hear
    "hey why are you carrying your gun like that"

now knowing he was already joking around and his question wasn't in an angry voice i turned to him and said
    "easy to pick up chicks" and he began to laugh... i then handed him info on OC'ing and explained the true reason i OC myself. He read the info while we conversed in the aisle and thanked me for the info.

Then he said "well let's try this out" and pulled his shirt back revealing his glock in a serpa holster then he says "I need a new chick this one always pesters me" to which his wife responded with a slap to the head. I saw them a little later at the checkout and he was still OC'ing. All in all i'd say it was both a good and fun encounter. I gave him the website info here so hoping he shows up....

(Northampton County)

Default Re: good and funny oc encounter last night

What info on OC'ing did you hand him?

(Cambria County)

Quote Originally Posted by xero1xero View Post
    Let me start by saying i haven't been OC'ing for very long about 2 mos. So last night i make a late night stop at giant eagle after work to pick up a few things. As i'm standing there trying to pick a cereal i hear a man joking around with his wife behind me (not about me OC'ing just in general) and all of a sudden i hear
    "hey why are you carrying your gun like that"

now knowing he was already joking around and his question wasn't in an angry voice i turned to him and said
    "easy to pick up chicks" and he began to laugh... i then handed him info on OC'ing and explained the true reason i OC myself. He read the info while we conversed in the aisle and thanked me for the info.

Then he said "well let's try this out" and pulled his shirt back revealing his glock in a serpa holster then he says "I need a new chick this one always pesters me" to which his wife responded with a slap to the head. I saw them a little later at the checkout and he was still OC'ing. All in all i'd say it was both a good and fun encounter. I gave him the website info here so hoping he shows up....

If someone were observing the two of you, they might think you were a pair of "Cereal killers".
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mK2JYfZAmA When will America become America?

(Allegheny County)

I believe an award for quickest CC to OC transformation ever is in order.

(Westmoreland County)

ungawa,

the info i usually carry with me and that i handed him were a prinout i made of "open carry and what you should know before you do" i carry this with me because i feel it provides alot of useful and informative information along with weblinks to various OC topics found on PAFOA. Also a copy of the municipal OC training manual. I've found both of these get great response when I talk to someone about OC.

this is a link to one of the pieces of info i carry with me http://paopencarry.org/pdfs/mpoetc_oc.pdf
    Last edited by xero1xero; February 12th, 2012 at 08:03 PM. Reason: to include link to OC info that i hand out

(Westmoreland County)

not sure if it was the quickest CC to OC transformation ever.... I guess we'll see if i see him in the area OC'ing again.

(Mercer County)

well if no one has a faster time then i'd say it's the fstest. great job on the info you handed out. maybe a new oc'er for life. Rep coming your way

A glock in a serpa? How did it not start going off killing people!?!?

Congrats, nicely done.
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

(Venango County)

I would be scouring the news the next day for a man found with an empty holster and a round in his noggini in the parking lot. Not that he was OC but that his female companion may have had retribution for his earlier 'joke' in the store!
    It is you. You have all the weapons that you need. Now fight. --Sucker Punch

I think that encounter gets an A+ or excellent rating. Rep to you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast