Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Delaware County)

Default Camp Perry information needed

I'm loking for someone familiar with Camp Perry particulars.
    How to register, accomodations and general need to know information.

Gerry

vivapuccini@verizon.net

Default Re: Camp Perry information needed

To shoot in the National Matches or to buy from the store?

(Monroe County)

The CMP site spells it out either way.
    The cheaper places to stay there go early.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

(Delaware County)

Goin' there to shoot, not buy.

One of the few places on the planet where you don't have to shoot next to that Russian crap that all the newbies and military wannabe's load up on.

You get to see some REAL talent.

(Butler County)

My parents have a few one bedroom condos less than 10 min away from there and rent them at very reasonable rates.

Pm me if you would like contact info.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by puccini View Post
    Goin' there to shoot, not buy.

One of the few places on the planet where you don't have to shoot next to that Russian crap that all the newbies and military wannabe's load up on.

You get to see some REAL talent.
    ook big guy, what match did you want to know about? Air rifle/.22/pistol/service rifle/match/long range? What's your back ground?
    I shot there with the Navy team in '09. So I can give some insight.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

(Monroe County)

I got the PM. Now I understand where your coming from, sorry for above!

You know the basic's of shooting high power service rifle. I shot CMP and NRA week back in '09 with the Navy team. My insights-
    I stayed on base with the in the BEQ. The cabins can be ok. They are cheap, bunk about 6, are lively and keep the rain off your head, but have been flooded. There are trailer camp sites, they do go quick. Showers are aval.
    There is venders row. Factory direct, RRA,Bushmaster,Champion's Choice to name a few. So bring money and a FFL contact back in PA. If anyone on the team needs gear inc a full bardback jacket, it will be there.

Weather, Perry will has the most challangeing winds. I all flags pointing center and had to got 12moa left to right and back every 2 shots at 600yd.

There is a power plant off the the west and we had a thunderstorm brew up over us from the cooling tower vapor, so be ready! Also tornados have touched down at the range so read the sheet they give you for shelter. The couple times we were pulled off the range for weather it was in plenty of time and all clear was good also.

They run a good match. They run 4 relays so your on the move, shooting scoring and such. There are trams for moving between the lines and and also the pits. Have a cart it's a long way just to the 600yrd line.
    You will need to get your rifles checked. Any of the miltary vans will do it for you. The town near by had all the basics inc a few places to eat. -oh yea of course you will need to pack lunches. Plenty of water! They will have some at the range.

CMP week has some fun matches like Garand, and vintage. Fun to shoot. There will be some great shooters there, I met R Lee Emery and Larry Potterfield (CEO Midway USA) there. SAF's is not req, but it's a easy way to get starter LEG points. The rifles are POS rack M-16's with the selector blocked for no full auto. One hint, on slow fire, do 2 dry fires, the 3 shot function effects trigger pull that the 3 shot has the lightest pull. IF 9lb is light to you.

I'll think of more later.