Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: S&W M&P9

Default S&W M&P9

picked this beauty up at the gun show yesterday, in a few hours i'll be taking it to the range to see how it handles 1/200 rounds today... well see how accurate it is...

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/w...layErrorView_Y
    Attached Images Attached Images

(Monroe County)

Default Re: S&W M&P9

Sweet. I would love to find that model but with the thumb safety to swap for my G19.
    Give a report after the range session.

(Montgomery County)

Great purchase. I'm not sure if Talo has S&W's pro shop tune the trigger. If they don't, you might want to look into Apex Tactical Solutions. They work very closely with S&W to make aftermarket parts; specifically, triggers. I carry a m&p9c and had their Trigger Level 4 Service done (asked for the trigger to be tuned to 4.3 lbs instead of the 3.5) - as close to a 1911 feel as you'll ever get.

(Luzerne County)

Very nice! I just picked up an m&p45 two days ago and did an Apex DCAEK install on it last night. The difference is night and day.

where can i get this apex trigger setup?

i've dry fired this firearm and the trigger seems to be about as light as the 3.5lb trigger setup in my glock...

its going to be a range gun

(Luzerne County)

I never really liked the S&W handguns, I thought I did at one point, then I saw one up close, this was the day I fell in love with glock. Now S&W wheel guns... different story...

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by 350CI View Post
    where can i get this apex trigger setup?

i've dry fired this firearm and the trigger seems to be about as light as the 3.5lb trigger setup in my glock...

its going to be a range gun
    You can order the Apex kit from them directly, Brownell's, or Midway USA. If this is going to be a carry gun, I would suggest that you send it to them to have it installed - just another layer of protection from a potential civil suit if the perp (or their family) decides to go after you.

If it is a range gun, you or any competent smith can do the install. They have installation videos on their website.

Quote Originally Posted by redturbo0 View Post
    I never really liked the S&W handguns, I thought I did at one point, then I saw one up close, this was the day I fell in love with glock. Now S&W wheel guns... different story...
    Really...couldnt keep that one to yourself? The OP is obviously proud of his purchase. I guess someone is always looking to piss on someones parade. By the way your M&P is sweet and im sure you will love happy shootin'.
    COPS CARRY GUNS TO PROTECT THEMSELVES ...NOT YOU!!

(Montgomery County)

I bought an M&P 9mm 18 months ago. I stopped counting rounds through it lat Fall at 1500. I shoot it at the range and at IDPA shoots. Never had a single failure of any kind.

In recent months, I've added fiber optic sites, an Apex Tactical forward set sear and trigger kit, and a Storm Lake barrel. She's a dream to shoot -- I have a Kimber, 2 Sigs, and an FN 5.7 and the M&P may still be my favorite to shoot. The ergonomics are just perfect for my hand and shooting position. congrats!

(Bucks County)

I've been renting 9s prior to making my own purchase, and got it down to the SR9 and the M&P9. Glock was an early casualty - neither ergonomics nor appearance appealed to me . When I get back to PA early March, I'll be picking up my own M&P9.

So good luck with yours, and let us know how it works out

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast