Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Monroe County)

Default 2012 Fleet Forces/All Navy Rifle and Pistol Championships

Atlantic Fleet and All Navy
    Rifle and Pistol Championships
    13-22 April 2012
    Read the full match bullentin and info and how to sign up via CMP - www.usnst.org
    Location: Weapons Training Battalion, Range 3 and the Competition Pistol Range at Marine Corps Base Quantico

Directions: The Calvin A. Lloyd Range Complex is located on Marine Corps Base Quantico. From Interstate Highway-95, take Exit # 148. Turn west and follow the road 3.9 miles to the Weapons Training Battalion Complex on the right. At the gate all weapons must be CASED and UNLOADED.

Billeting: Billeting is provided at Camp Upshur for free for all shooters (civilians included). This billeting consists of three, 50-man, bunk-bed, open bay, Quonset huts with heating/air conditioning and detached heads.

The FFC LANT and All Navy (East) Championships are open to both Military and Civilian shooters 18 and over, up to the range limit of 200 (4 relays). Range priority will be in the following order:
    1. Navy Active Duty/ Reserves
    2. Other Service Active Duty/ Reserves
    3. Navy Retired
    4. Other Service Retired
    5. Civilians shooting the entire week
    6. All others

I've been shooting these matches for over 15 years. It's a great time. If you like to shoot a Camp Perry class match and it's too far for you this is your match. I will be going down Friday if you want to convoy.
    There are a rules for the free berthing so real the bulletin and USNST facebook page for the full info.

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: 2012 Fleet Forces/All Navy Rifle and Pistol Championships

wow this could be great. i live in philly but my family lives in montclair, which is 15 minutes away from quantico. shoot, when i used to visit my dad as a kid, he lived on base and used to take me all over. It would be great now, as a shooter, to go back and look at the ranges with a whole new eye.

rifle and pistol? what sort of course of fire are we looking at? do we just show up and check in as a civvie and wait for a chance to shoot the last day? how does this work?

(Monroe County)

The COF is CMP style bullseye. AR/M1A rifles with open sights at 200,300,600 yards. Also a bonus 1000yd match if you qual. Pistols are 92F/S or 1911, 25 and 50yards single handed. Read the match bulletin on the link.
    Sign up via the CMP website, paypal or send in the $$. Show up the first day and check in, if there is room, your shooting every day for a week.

Pistol COF is
    All mags loaded with 5 rds each

@50 yards, slow fire- 10 shots in 10 min.
    @25 yards, rapid fire, 10 rounds in 2 strings of 5 rounds. 10sec per mag
    then 10 shots same way but in 7 sec.
    Depending on the how they are working it instead of 10 rounds it will be 20.

Rifle you shoot 1/2 the time, pull pit's the other
    @ 200,
    10 or 20 rounds of slow fire standing no sling. Slings can be used the rest of the time 1 min per round single loaded. There can also be 2 sighter shots.

Standing to sitting rapid fire. 2 mags, one with 2 rds, the other with 8 rds.
    Stand, close bolt on a empty chamber, insert the 2 rd mag, when targets go up, you sit, load, and fire the 2 and reload, fire the other 8 in 60sec.

300yds- again rapid fire, same style but standing to prone, and 90sec.

600yds, Slow fire prone. 10 or 20 shots, single loaded.

Also be ready to shoot in all weather. Lighting is the only reason we will stop most of the time. Though they can shorten a match.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

(Philadelphia County)

damn you shoot every day all week? is it possible to just shoot one or two days?

(Monroe County)

I don't know. This is the first time they are doing this in over 10 years. I know people would come just to shoot the EIC match. The match fee is the same one day or all. I don't facebook, but the team does, you can post a question there.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff