Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

View Poll Results: Are the days of high capacity weapons numbered?

Voters
184. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. Stock up on AR's, AK's and their magazines ASAP.

98 53.26%
  • No. The president will never get such legislation through.

71 38.59%
  • Other, please state reason.

15 8.15%
Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast
    (Pike County)

Default Stocking up before the elections?

For the most part I have sat back and silently watched a lot of the threads in the "Political Wasteland", mostly the threads related to our rights to own firearms and possible near future regulations on them. It seems like most of the candidates have some anti-firearm tendencies. Many here feel Obozo has a good chance of being re-elected since the other candidates suck. People seem to feel if he gets re-elected he is going to appoint some liberal Supreme Court Justices and start his assault on our right to own firearms which ends in some sort of new Assault Weapons Ban that has no sunset. Which means 10 round magazines and "Bullet Buttons" for all. Or we will get one of these Republican candidates that seems to think 30 round "clips" are pointless and don't belong in the hands of private citizens.

However I remember all this crap happening back in 2008-2009 when I got my first firearm, I remember even some old threads on PAFOA that said by now the importation of AK style rifles and surplus ammo would be blocked totally. Obviously that hasn't happened. Since then in fact it seems like more people than ever are buying firearms and to an extent logic seems to be showing it's head in a lot of ignorant, emotion driven, liberal rants against firearms. So I see some hope too.

So let me get down to the point on why I started this thread, should I buy into the fear and start stocking up on the high-capacity firearms/magazines I have pined after all these years? The past few weeks I have taken all these possible factors into consideration and drastically altered my purchasing plans for the year. Now I am spending more money than I feel comfortable spending but I have spent a lot of time behind a calculator spreading out the purchases far enough as not to put me in hot water. This year I planned on getting a Mini-14, a .22 Pistol and a SKS. Now I am getting the AR-15 I always wanted and a AK by October due to my fears of such firearms becoming neutered, outlawed or ridiculously expensive in the near future.

So please share your thoughts on the subject and I will post a poll to get a census on the subject.
    Last edited by LifeInPa; February 10th, 2012 at 10:21 PM.
    Sanity, yours if you can keep it.....

(Northampton County)

Default Re: Stocking up before the elections?

My insight on the subject is that if you haven't figured it out already then by the time you learn it from a poll it will be too late.
    Last edited by ungawa; February 10th, 2012 at 10:31 PM.

(Westmoreland County)

I'm pretty well stocked as of now. I have all the AR's I need. Enough ammo and magazines. Lots of reloading compnents. I may pick up a few more primmers just in case things get crazy again. The only rifle I'd like to get is an M1A. I already have an AR10, so no biggie either way.

After the shortages after the last election you would think people would be more prepared. I suppose many are. But I'm willing to bet there will be lots of people crying that they can't find ammo or primers a year from now. Or complaining about how much the price of AK's and AR's went up. We'll see.
    Last edited by pennlineman; February 10th, 2012 at 10:30 PM.

(Pike County)

Damn, I really got to get my ass into gear.

(Perry County)

I voted other.

Right now, the election is a crap shoot.

Santorum had a nice day last Tuesday and very recent polls put him in a dead heat with Obama in the general. With Santorum, you're safe.

I think that Newt would be a fairly safe POTUS.

Romney is a crap shoot. I don't think he has any interest in seeking a gun ban but I also don't think he'd veto one. Worse, if the political winds change and gun control becomes a want of the majority, he probably would push for it. He's a political windsock as I said elsewhere.

Paul would be safe.

Obama. Even if he gets reelected, I don't think he will get enough of his fellow democrats elected to retake the House. I think the Senate is going to be a toss-up. If he can't get a bill sent to his desk, he can't get a law. That doesn't mean he won't use regulatory authority and any other means to infringe on the 2A.

It takes two thirds of the Senate to ratify a UN treaty so the small arms treaty would be off the table this upcoming election.

My thought is that if you make some good buys, you can always sell later and not lose money. If you wait until closer to the election, no good buys will be found.

Now that I have my FFL, I'm going to be looking for some bulk purchase deals. I'd like to stock up. If Obama is reelected, there will be a run on EBRs just like the first election. Some of those rifles were selling for double their pre-election price.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by unclejumbo View Post
    It takes two thirds of the Senate to ratify a UN treaty so the small arms treaty would be off the table this upcoming election.
    They can come up with a procedural way to get around that. SOTUS has steadfastly refused to intervene on how they conduct their business (as long as it is at the expense of The People).

(Centre County)

When/if I find a DDM4V7 in stock it's mine regardless of the elections. Then 1 more complete lower and more 9mm and I'm done. Until March.....
    I don't watch shark week. Sharks watch FLICK week.

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by unclejumbo View Post
    I voted other.

Right now, the election is a crap shoot.

Santorum had a nice day last Tuesday and very recent polls put him in a dead heat with Obama in the general. With Santorum, you're safe.

I think that Newt would be a fairly safe POTUS.

Romney is a crap shoot. I don't think he has any interest in seeking a gun ban but I also don't think he'd veto one. Worse, if the political winds change and gun control becomes a want of the majority, he probably would push for it. He's a political windsock as I said elsewhere.

Paul would be safe.

Obama. Even if he gets reelected, I don't think he will get enough of his fellow democrats elected to retake the House. I think the Senate is going to be a toss-up. If he can't get a bill sent to his desk, he can't get a law. That doesn't mean he won't use regulatory authority and any other means to infringe on the 2A.

My thought is that if you make some good buys, you can always sell later and not lose money. If you wait until closer to the election, no good buys will be found.

Now that I have my FFL, I'm going to be looking for some bulk purchase deals. I'd like to stock up. If Obama is reelected, there will be a run on EBRs just like the first election. Some of those rifles were selling for double their pre-election price.
    Reading your post gives me some relief, via the news and some threads here I heard a Republican candidate or two said some disparaging things about high capacity magazines in the past. I can't remember who though. No matter how it goes I bet we are going to see prices start to spike by the early fall. I really got to find the money and start buying the things I need for shooting ASAP. I wonder how long the high prices of anything related to firearms will last?

Voted to buy now as after watching the gun market for longer that most on here have been alive it will not get any cheaper. Wish that I had borrowed every penny we could get and bought AKs when $1000.00 bought a half dozen and SKSs were about $80.00.
    Courage is being scared to death--but saddling up any way. John Wayne

(Monroe County)

If there is another "scare", it will be worse than the last time around. During the last election period, all kinds of people bought up weapons, ammunition, and related items. There was some buyers remorse at the end of 2009 when people realized Obamas administration would be unable to move ahead on any type of gun ban. As any early inklings were met with complete and utter outrage and resistance by both the population and congressional office holders.

This time around, especially if Obama is re-elected, the people who fully understand what Obamas administration is capable of doing if elected for a second and final term, will push gun/ammo/related item purchases to a height never seen before. It will be less people purchasing these items than during the last election, because many of the people who did this last time, who were simply caught up in the hype, without any real understanding, will be turned off from doing it again. However those who fully realize what may very well happen, the smaller group I mentioned in the former, will purchase at a higher amount.

I've found myself buying pmags like crazy lately. I'm going to be switching to another caliber for carry and then consolidating from there on out. Bulk ammo purchases are going to be coming atleast bi-monthly in the near future. For both rifle and pistol calibers.
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast