Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Erie County)

Thumbs up It ONLY Took 12 Minutes...

This morning I decided to get my LTCF. I had my LTCF for a long time, BUT it had expired over 15 years ago. At that time I was a Pa. State Constable and did not need the LTCF to carry my Glock 19.

I printed off the application from this forum, filled it out and headed to the Erie County Courthouse.

I entered the Courthouse after clearing the efficient screening process at the front of the Courthouse.

When I arrived on the 4th floor and entered the Sheriff's office, I was quickly greeted by an efficient clerk. I told her I would like to get my LTCF and she said it would be $26. I promptly paid and entered Sgt. Amendola's office. Sandy has been in the Firearms Division since 1989 and took care of me quickly and efficiently.

Since I had been purged from the computer, due to not renewing for such a long time, he said we would have to start from scratch again. He took my picture and entered my info into the computer. He then made a phone call and moments later I had my NEW LTCF.

He handed it to me and said I'll see you in five years when you renew.

NOW that is service. I did not expect to leave with my NEW LTCF, but that is exactly what I did. All of this took ONLY 12 minutes.

What a pleasure it was...NO WAITING and I left the office with my new LTCF.

I thought I would let you all know how simple it was!

Dave Martin
    Pa. DOC
    Member of the "Blue Knights"
    "God Bless America"

(Erie County)

Default Re: It ONLY Took 12 Minutes...

Great story. We're damn lucky to have such excellent people in the Erie County Sheriff's Office. Thanks for sharing it.

Quote Originally Posted by doug View Post
    We're damn lucky to have such excellent people in the Erie County Sheriff's Office.
    Can say that again! I feel bad for the other counties with asshats for Sheriffs.
    If there is no good reason for you not to have one, Bob & Sandy hand out LTCF's like the dentist hands out toothbrushes.

Quote Originally Posted by P89 View Post
    Can say that again! I feel bad for the other counties with asshats for Sheriffs.
    If there is no good reason for you not to have one, Bob & Sandy hand out LTCF's like the dentist hands out toothbrushes.
    I think in Philly you even need a LTCT...License To Carry A Toothbrush

(Erie County)

They only hand them out after careful screening. I know folks who have applied for a LTCF and have been declined based on criminal history. So it's not like they just give them away to anybody that wants them.

Abosolutely...they go about it the right way. I'm sure the fact that the OP was a constable and now works in the prison system aided in the fast turn around.
    I have a buddy who was denied for unpaid tickets.

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by P89 View Post
    Abosolutely...they go about it the right way. I'm sure the fact that the OP was a constable and now works in the prison system aided in the fast turn around.
    I have a buddy who was denied for unpaid tickets.
    In Erie County?

Sheriff uses pics, don't they, so how would a parking ticket make it into the system?

I dunno...just going by what he told me. (I know this was my first mistake) What you say makes way more sence, didn't really think about it.
    My buddy is sort of an idiot, it could have been for many reasons he didn't want to admit. I'm using the term buddy loosely...more of an acquaintance who I don't go out of my way to keep in contact with.

(Lackawanna County)

it almost sounds like you went to the lackawanna county sheriff's office. i got mine in about 15-20 minutes.

(Erie County)

Believe it or not, I used this thread to get Sgt. Amendola to make my LTCF on the spot! I told him how well liked he was on the internet! He said he had some permits to work on but would process mine on the spot!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast