Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Clarion County)

Default I dont understand

I carry my firearm everywhere its legal too and also at home and work. I find most people that come into my business are okay with it .
    But then their are the ones that dont like it and I tell them there is the door you walked in and no need to come back. I dont understand how people can read the news paper and watch the news and not want to carry. Whats wrong with people?

Default Re: I dont understand

Usually the people that don't like it when someone else carries are the same people that like to think the government or police will protect them if anything bad happens. They have a sense of entitlement to being protected instead of taking responsibility for their own protection.
    will that extra 15% matter? not as much as being able to put one in their face. ~Edg

(Berks County)

It can't happen to me because...

...I'm not a criminal.
    ...I stay out of dangerous areas.
    ...I don't look for trouble.
    ...etc etc

Being reminded that none of that matters scares them so rather than face their fear they attack the person that reminded them they should be afraid.
    Please help my Baby Kitties and I avoid being homeless.

Quote Originally Posted by Glock3743 View Post
    I carry my firearm everywhere its legal too and also at home and work. I find most people that come into my business are okay with it .
    But then their are the ones that dont like it and I tell them there is the door you walked in and no need to come back. I dont understand how people can read the news paper and watch the news and not want to carry. Whats wrong with people?
    Why don't people wear a seat belt. Who do people smoke cigarettes or drink to excess and then drive? I could go on and on.....Who knows.
    Jules

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Glock3743 View Post
    Is it your company? Does your boss know you've taken customer service to that level?

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by ar15jules View Post
    Why don't people wear a seat belt. Who do people smoke cigarettes or drink to excess and then drive? I could go on and on.....Who knows.
    Jules
    God do i love to drink me some beer. I don't drive after though My wife HATES my guns. Like i mean utterly detests them. But I still carry everywhere i can legally. I think some people just fear what they don't understand.
    PETA - People Eating Tasty Animals

just moved back to the burgh. took my grandson hunting coyotes in sc. his mother, my step daughter, has a fear of guns. my wife took a picture of us coming back to the house, and i had the pistol belt around my neck, because my hands were full of gear. i didn`t know she sent the picture. when the mother said something to her son about the pistol hanging on my neck in the picture,the 7 year old granddaughter "told her she has to lighten up, pap only carries a gun to protect us." FROM THE MOUTH OF BABES. i`ve heard nothing about weapons from her in years.

(Clarion County)

Quote Originally Posted by Exbiker View Post
    Is it your company? Does your boss know you've taken customer service to that level?
    I started this business about ten years ago. So im the boss that is when my wifes not there . lol

(Clarion County)

Quote Originally Posted by mjfletcher View Post
    It can't happen to me because...

...I'm not a criminal.
    ...I stay out of dangerous areas.
    ...I don't look for trouble.
    ...etc etc

Being reminded that none of that matters scares them so rather than face their fear they attack the person that reminded them they should be afraid.
    Thats exactly what most of the people I encounter act like.

(Clarion County)

Quote Originally Posted by bearman View Post
    just moved back to the burgh. took my grandson hunting coyotes in sc. his mother, my step daughter, has a fear of guns. my wife took a picture of us coming back to the house, and i had the pistol belt around my neck, because my hands were full of gear. i didn`t know she sent the picture. when the mother said something to her son about the pistol hanging on my neck in the picture,the 7 year old granddaughter "told her she has to lighten up, pap only carries a gun to protect us." FROM THE MOUTH OF BABES. i`ve heard nothing about weapons from her in years.
    Thats a great little story its amazing when a child can understand what a grown up cant.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast