Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: Ridge and Valley club members -2012

My son was the only guest. The others are members with their guests.

(Bucks County)

I m heading out to the range today be there around 11

(Bucks County)

Anyone going to the Trap shoot tonight? I would like to come out and try my hand for the first time. Plus I've been considering joining. Just wanted to know if anyone was going to be out tonight and so I can put some faces to screen names.
    DISCOUNTS - Steel Target Paint: beaverje10 (10% off) | Wiland USA: jbeaver05 (5% off)

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by bigdawgbeav View Post
    Anyone going to the Trap shoot tonight? I would like to come out and try my hand for the first time. Plus I've been considering joining. Just wanted to know if anyone was going to be out tonight and so I can put some faces to screen names.
    MONDAY IS Trap day at R&V. We've been averaging about 25 to 30 shooters between Noon and 9PM. Some are novices and some are pretty darn good. Dress is casual and so is the language and FUN is what we're looking to have. There are several very experienced shooters who will gladly give you "semi-pro" instructions and help correct any problems with stance, technique, etc. EVERYONE has a good time (unless you come with a BS attitude, then you get what you're looking for.) Cost: $4 a round of 25 shots/birds; boxes of 25 12ga Target loads $6 - we have ammo on hand. No shotgun?, there are several folks who will share their guns and help. Minor mechanical problems can usually be helped or solved right there - NO GUNSMITHING done on site. There is always some food stuffs available - donations accepted to defray expenses, and beer or birch beer also available - donations again accepted. Our machine is a "wobble" type (can be set for regular trap) which throws a wide variety of angles and altitudes making the shooting challenging. Most experienced folks that show up say the R&V course is challenging - but if you can hit well there you can hit at any course. We have lights for after dark shooting.
    We have picked up many many new members who came out to the open trap shoot mondays initially and stayed the course. Would be glad to me you and anyone else you can bring along - all others welcome, also.
    Jim Hauff
    Jim Hauff H&R Collector In memory of my friends Bill Goforth and Jim Ritchie.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by 32 Magnum View Post
    MONDAY IS Trap day at R&V. We've been averaging about 25 to 30 shooters between Noon and 9PM. Some are novices and some are pretty darn good. Dress is casual and so is the language and FUN is what we're looking to have. There are several very experienced shooters who will gladly give you "semi-pro" instructions and help correct any problems with stance, technique, etc. EVERYONE has a good time (unless you come with a BS attitude, then you get what you're looking for.) Cost: $4 a round of 25 shots/birds; boxes of 25 12ga Target loads $6 - we have ammo on hand. No shotgun?, there are several folks who will share their guns and help. Minor mechanical problems can usually be helped or solved right there - NO GUNSMITHING done on site. There is always some food stuffs available - donations accepted to defray expenses, and beer or birch beer also available - donations again accepted. Our machine is a "wobble" type (can be set for regular trap) which throws a wide variety of angles and altitudes making the shooting challenging. Most experienced folks that show up say the R&V course is challenging - but if you can hit well there you can hit at any course. We have lights for after dark shooting.
    We have picked up many many new members who came out to the open trap shoot mondays initially and stayed the course. Would be glad to me you and anyone else you can bring along - all others welcome, also.
    Jim Hauff

Thank you for the information Jim. No need for the gun or ammo as I have both 7.5 and 8 game loads. Wanted to try both and see what worked best. Will probably be there around 6 or 7. Looking forward to actually shooting a 12 gauge for the first time.

And I'll have my application and a check to drop off as well. Plus a few questions i'm sure.
    DISCOUNTS - Steel Target Paint: beaverje10 (10% off) | Wiland USA: jbeaver05 (5% off)

(Bucks County)

Thanks to the R&V guys. Shot trap for the first time. it was fun. shoulder is sore though.

Dropped off application and hopefully will be joining if i get voted in.

(Northampton County)

And he hit a bunch of birds - took instructions well and all worked out.
    Good job!

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by 32 Magnum View Post
    And he hit a bunch of birds - took instructions well and all worked out.
    Good job!
    Did you smack the ass-end of the shotgun across his melon and scream "DO IT RIGHT!!!" in his ear every time he missed?

(Northampton County)

We reserve that "technique" for the 3rd Complimentary Training Session.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by crlovel View Post
    Did you smack the ass-end of the shotgun across his melon and scream "DO IT RIGHT!!!" in his ear every time he missed?
    Oh goodie!!! something to look forward to. Can't make it next monday, but will be out after that.
    Last edited by bigdawgbeav; March 21st, 2012 at 10:01 PM.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast