Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lackawanna County)

Default AMT backup .45 acp

I carry a amt backup .45 so I know how hard it is to get a good holster for it. Just saw two Don Hume IWB model 715 on eBay 23.00 each and shipping. Sign on to eBay search don Hume holsters and it came up on page six. I am not affiliated with the seller in any way but I know how hard it is to get the correct holster for this gun.

(Monroe County)

Default Re: AMT backup .45 acp

Just buy one from Don Hume instead. go to www.donhume.com its about $6 more and you dont have to deal with drama and all hocos pocos spy shit. They ship it right to your door too.

The AMT bu 45acp was a hot carry 2 back in the 70s/80s it need to be maintenanced well and broke in. It did not shot JHP rounds well and I've heard rumors of even jamming on ball. Because of it size it was a point and shot type weapon not accurate out past 10-15 yards it had crude sights.
    Its draw was that it could fire 45acp ammo in close when it did its jobs it did it well these pistols were hot and cold in reliability and in the end lighter more reliable guns in 45acp, 9mm and 40 cal that shot jhp that were also easier to maintain and shoot, the AMT became a good idea that run its time.

Probably would still be a hoot to own and shoot.
    Last edited by Neko456; February 7th, 2012 at 09:53 AM.

(Lackawanna County)

Sure it can be ordered at the factory but they have a 4 month waiting list. It took closer to six months for mine to come in that is why I mentioned it. And for the other reply try shooting one . I have fired 230 corbon jhp +p , 185 remming ton golden saber, 230 ball, 230 gold dot jhp, and now my carry ammo is 230 jhp short barrel. Not one ftf or fte in over 500 rounds. Love the gun. Bought mine used at Tanners so I do not know what was done to it but it works great. Know 2 other people who feel the same way. It is heavy but in the smallest .45 ever made you want some weight and a good iwb holster takes care of that.