Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Re: My latest holster idea for concealed carry

Quote Originally Posted by jcabin View Post
    I think anyone who's ever seen any image, ever, of a soldier from WW1 or WW2 will realize you have a holster on your hip. Not that the majority of people are gun afficionados, but the holster you're wearing has been around for so long it's going to be hard for anyone with atleast a 6th or 7th grade education to not recognize the holster for what it is.

IMO, now you've got a subpar holster system for civilian carry, and it's going to attract as much if not more attention than getting a modern more efficient holster.

When you're going to commit to carrying a firearm every day there are adjustments you have to make. If you wear skin tight clothing from head to toe, good for you. However you need to realize concealing a firearm is going to be a much more difficult. This is the issue that 99% of females run into, and it's why some of them are forced to carry in a purse or some other poor/irresponsible mode of carry.

You may want to consider wearing a cover garment. It doesn't have to be one of those, "shoot me first" vests that screams, "IM CARRYING A GUN". Personally I wear a nice button up shirt, and simply don't tuck it in. I don't wear the hawaiian shirts, I wear quality made dress shirts almost every day during the warm months and some type of flannel/plaid during the cooler months. It's just my style. With my galco king tuk and quality gun belt, I can conceal my full size glock 22 without any issues. I do not wear over sized clothing either.

If you're not willing to go with a cover garment, or purchase clothing slightly larger, then consider picking up a smaller gun and placing it in your pocket or ankle carry.
    ^^^ Excellent!!! As jcabin wrote, if you intend to carry then you will have to adapt.

Somewhere around Phoenixville, Pennsylvania
    (Chester County)

I think anyone who's ever seen any image, ever, of a soldier from WW1 or WW2 will realize you have a holster on your hip. Not that the majority of people are gun afficionados, but the holster you're wearing has been around for so long it's going to be hard for anyone with atleast a 6th or 7th grade education to not recognize the holster for what it is.

IMO, now you've got a subpar holster system for civilian carry, and it's going to attract as much if not more attention than getting a modern more efficient holster.

When you're going to commit to carrying a firearm every day there are adjustments you have to make. If you wear skin tight clothing from head to toe, good for you. However you need to realize concealing a firearm is going to be a much more difficult. This is the issue that 99% of females run into, and it's why some of them are forced to carry in a purse or some other poor/irresponsible mode of carry.

You may want to consider wearing a cover garment. It doesn't have to be one of those, "shoot me first" vests that screams, "IM CARRYING A GUN". Personally I wear a nice button up shirt, and simply don't tuck it in. I don't wear the hawaiian shirts, I wear quality made dress shirts almost every day during the warm months and some type of flannel/plaid during the cooler months. It's just my style. With my galco king tuk and quality gun belt, I can conceal my full size glock 22 without any issues. I do not wear over sized clothing either.

If you're not willing to go with a cover garment, or purchase clothing slightly larger, then consider picking up a smaller gun and placing it in your pocket or ankle carry.
    Behold the voice of pragmatism. Echo all above.

(Monroe County)

When you're going to commit to carrying a firearm every day there are adjustments you have to make. If you wear skin tight clothing from head to toe, good for you. However you need to realize concealing a firearm is going to be a much more difficult.

purchase clothing slightly larger
    When I buy pants I buy a size up to allow for IWB carry.

In all fairness, I think the holster Chemical made could easily be mistaken as something related to the occupation of tattoo artist (at least to an outsider). I think it is functional and would be less threatening to those who don't appreciate the 2nd amendment.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by EandGWZ View Post
    In all fairness, I think the holster Chemical made could easily be mistaken as something related to the occupation of tattoo artist (at least to an outsider). I think it is functional and would be less threatening to those who don't appreciate the 2nd amendment.
    Being someone who has no tattoo hobby, AKA an outsider, I cannot see myself ever thinking, "Ah, that guy must be carrying some sort of tattoo paraphernalia in that pouch." This seems really off the wall.

Quote Originally Posted by Overscore View Post
    Being someone who has no tattoo hobby, AKA an outsider, I cannot see myself ever thinking, "Ah, that guy must be carrying some sort of tattoo paraphernalia in that pouch." This seems really off the wall.

You mean that lady, big difference. If it was cleaner it would look like a carrying case for the droid.

(Dauphin County)

On the street, me neither. But in a tattoo shop? Sure, seems at least plausible to this un-inked un-pierced person. It certainly doesn't scream HOLSTER! to me.

Quote Originally Posted by CHEMICAL View Post
    Here is one I made for a friend of mine who is a tattoo artist. She wanted something she could wear in the shop while tattooing that didn't look like a holster
    Last edited by twency; February 7th, 2012 at 03:23 PM.
    I am not a lawyer. Nothing I say or write is legal advice.

(Chester County)

I don't think it looks like tattoo paraphernalia, but it doesn't look like a gun. To me it looks like a custom cellphone case for one of the large screen smartphones like a Evo or DroidX.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by twency View Post
    On the street, me neither. But in a tattoo shop? Sure, seems at least plausible to this un-inked un-pierced person. It certainly doesn't scream HOLSTER! to me.
    Ah, yes, good point. I forgot about the context of being in a tattoo shop here.

(Bucks County)

Screw it. Make another and put DROID X on it lol.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast