Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (York County)

Default My lack of awareness

I am always telling my girlfriend that she needs to pay more attention to her suroundings and people around her but tonight my awarness was apparently lacking.

We stopped at Burger King on the way home from a rabbit show to eat, we walked in and appeared to be the only customers. We ordered,she went into bathroom and an employee was walking out for a break and he noticed my firearm

Him: What kind of gun is that (Girl at the register look at it with a surprised look)
    Me: It's a Glock 27
    Him:That's a nice looking gun
    Me: Thanks (as he walks outside)

GF comes back we get our food and sit down, I eat my burger and get up to go into the bathroom. As I get to the door I hear the hand drying going and to men talking in spanish, I open the door and they are standing away from the dryers and they stop talking as soon as a walk in. One of them looks right at my gun then looks at the other guy and says somthing in spanish then walks out quickly, the other guy walks into the stall then walks right back out and leaves the bathroom. I walk out and they are standing between the the two sets of doors and when they see me they leave quickly. As I walk past the counter I hear an employee ask another "where did those two guys come from" and the other says "I have no idea"

The whole thing seemed really weird and made me feel uneasy but it really made me wonder how I never saw them walk in, I guess my awarness is not as good as I thought

(Northampton County)

Default Re: My lack of awarness

Quote Originally Posted by StonewallRabbitry View Post
    The whole thing seemed really weird and made me feel uneasy but it really made me wonder how I never saw them walk in, I guess my awarness is not as good as I thought
    Good. Do better.

I hope you realize the value of recognizing your failing. Good job.

(Indiana County)

Not to get off topic but.....

Does anyone else always take/ask for the booth or table in the corner of the restaraunt, then procedes to take the seat against the wall.

My wife has gotten so used to it she just automaticall finds that table and sitst down there.

(Mercer County)

They may have been there before you got there. You may have stoped a possible crime from happening just by open carrying. I am a firm believer that ocing will prevent crimes. People will think twice before trying something when they know other people are armed.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by C.J. View Post

Does anyone else always take/ask for the booth or table in the corner of the restaraunt, then procedes to take the seat against the wall.

My wife has gotten so used to it she just automaticall finds that table and sitst down there.
    Ever since I read the book _Shane_ in middle school.

Of course it's pretty frustrating when we have get togethers, everyone's jockeying for the "gun fighter" seat.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Mercer County)

We try to get corner booths. If not I always sit to where I can see the entrances so I an be prepared

(Indiana County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Ever since I read the book _Shane_ in middle school.

Of course it's pretty frustrating when we have get togethers, everyone's jockeying for the "gun fighter" seat.
    lol....I can imagine that, I got a mental image.

10 grown men OC'ing nudging each other to get the good seat.

(Bucks County)

I too always sit where I can see an entrance and a possible exit, even if that means shuffling my girlfriend around after she has already sat down lol

Oh and a glock a nice looking gun hehe, jk I own more than 1 lol

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by C.J. View Post

No. It depends on the layout, the exits (entries), the clientele, the kitchen, and the number of people accompanying me and their respective levels of armament.

In real life that's less Mall Ninja than it sounds on the internet. It's just some secondary considerations. The primary objective of going to a restaurant is to eat, drink, and make merry. It is not to create a defensive position.
    Last edited by ungawa; February 4th, 2012 at 10:24 PM.

(York County)

I always sit where I can see the register and the entrance and never with my back towards the door, thats one reason that we almost never eat anywhere that they seat us.

If they where already in there then they had to be in there about ten minutes but from where I was sitting I was pretty much looking directly at the door so I have no idea how they got in without me seeing. I just had that instant feeling like somthing wasn't right but I am known to be paranoid

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast