Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Suggestions for concealed carry holsters for an office setting??

Hi all.
    I recently got a concealed carry permit and would like to carry while at work.
    I learned that my office has a "no weapons" policy which makes it hard to carry at work.
    Personally I am going to disregard that since I believe it's a violation of the 2nd Amendment but that's a debate for another day and another post.

My question is this:

Can you suggest some holsters for a Kel Tec PF9? I have to wear a suit in the office and half the time I take the jacket off so I can't use the jacket for concealment. I thought about IWB holsters as well as ankle holsters, but I hear ankle holsters feel uncomfortable and IWB holster don't work when you are wearing a tucked in dress shirt. Of course I understand that every holster has its pros and cons, but I'm trying to see what other people have to say about this.
    Can any you suggest any particular holsters/types of holster? Any personal experiences with carrying while at the office?

Thanks!!

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Suggestions for concealed carry holsters for an office setting??

Crossbrees Supertuck.

"The more people I meet, the more I like my dog."

(Bucks County)

Ditto the crossbreed super tuck or mini tuck

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by vavulaka View Post
    Hi all.
    I recently got a concealed carry permit and would like to carry while at work.
    I learned that my office has a "no weapons" policy which makes it hard to carry at work.
    Personally I am going to disregard that since I believe it's a violation of the 2nd Amendment but that's a debate for another day and another post.

My question is this:

Can you suggest some holsters for a Kel Tec PF9? I have to wear a suit in the office and half the time I take the jacket off so I can't use the jacket for concealment. I thought about IWB holsters as well as ankle holsters, but I hear ankle holsters feel uncomfortable and IWB holster don't work when you are wearing a tucked in dress shirt. Of course I understand that every holster has its pros and cons, but I'm trying to see what other people have to say about this.
    Can any you suggest any particular holsters/types of holster? Any personal experiences with carrying while at the office?

Thanks!!
    You've got to ask yourself if being fired is worth the risk of being caught carrying. You say it's a debate for another day, but it's their building, their property and they make the policy. It has nothing to do with the Second Amendment. That amendment, only applies to governments, and carries no weight on private property.

Can you afford to be unemployed?
    Μολὼν λάβε

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by PisnNapalm View Post
    You've got to ask yourself if being fired is worth the risk of being caught carrying. You say it's a debate for another day, but it's their building, their property and they make the policy. It has nothing to do with the Second Amendment. That amendment, only applies to governments, and carries no weight on private property.

Im going to second this. my company has no written fire arms policy but i prefer to leave it in the truck (its no more than 200 feet away) rather than loose my job. but i would totally agree with the cross breed super tuck. i own one and it is a fantastic holster. very well made and VERY concealable.
    PETA - People Eating Tasty Animals

(Lancaster County)

Same as above. Good luck(serious, not intended as sarcasm)

(Lancaster County)

MTAC/King Tuck/Crossbreed/Kholster - whichever flavor you like it. I liked the customizing I could do w/ the Kholster and the lower $.

Suggestions: (a) put velcro clips on the IWB holster and velcro on inner belt
    (b) blouse your shirts a bit to cover the top endge of the IBW clips and make printing less likely.
    (c) carry a cell phone holster on belt at IWB location.

Advantages:
    1. can't see the gun/holster bulge - cell phone clip is just slightly behind the bulge - so no divit of gun/holster visible
    2. lets people assume they hit the cell phone when they hit the gun. A few weeks ago, a woman walked into my hip area from behind while I was waiting in line with her elbow and hit my 1911 hard. I turned feigning my cell phone was dislodged. She had a puzzled look on her face and kept trying to stare at my hip while I fiddled w/ the cell phone. Then her face showed she suddenly latched on the idea that the 36oz steel thing she hit near my hip must have been that puny cell phone. The cell phone was a convenient excuse for her mind.
    4. Cell phone rather than gun bangs off things- doorways, chairs, ect, as it protrudes off the body. Nylon/plastic are quieter than metal hitting things.

IWB clips - I have Kholster metal clips - I cut off the outer bends and added 3M velcro glue on strips to them and my belts - just like v-clips. They conceal much better. BTW: put the soft velcro (loops) on the belt and hooks on the clips - much easier when threading your belt and prevents wear on your shirts/pants.

I hope the above is helpful. IMHO, I would not break the no firearms employment rule, especially in these economic times.
    Last edited by KMAG; February 2nd, 2012 at 09:56 PM.
    Why do people fearing guns call persons with guns (cops) when threatened?

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by PisnNapalm View Post

I will agree that the risk of getting fired can be a deterrent from carrying at work. But in my case my office is small, usually there's no more than 3 people in it; most of the time I'm there by myself. You're absolutely right about it being their building and their property; after all I signed those documents when I was hired, thus I gave up my second amendment right.

I guess my main reason for considering breaking this rule is because I work in the mental health field and as you can imagine we have some "interesting" clients that can often be unpredictable.
    As most concealed carry license holders, I hope to never have to use my weapon on even draw it! But in the case that I have to defend myself, I would rather know that I have the means to do so.

I would consider keeping it in my car, but the way our office is set up, we only have one entrance and obviously one exit. My office is the first one you see when you walk in, I'll probably be the first target for some schizophrenic whose voices are telling him to go shoot someone.

This is obviously a case-by-case kind of scenario and I think this is what you meant by saying "ask yourself if being fired is worth the risk of being caught carrying". I'll have to make up my mind about that and weigh all the options.

Thank you for your comment and for making me think a bit harder about this.

(Bucks County)

I also have a PF9. When I carry it I use this:
    http://sneakypeteholsters.com/
    DISCOUNTS - Steel Target Paint: beaverje10 (10% off) | Wiland USA: jbeaver05 (5% off)

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by bigdawgbeav View Post
    I also have a PF9. When I carry it I use this:
    http://sneakypeteholsters.com/
    Wow, i really like this!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast