Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thumbs down Reaper Camo:buyer beware

So I place an order with them almost three weeks ago and am still waiting for my order to arrive. I send an email asking why it's taking so long to send my order. So the owner of the company Charles Brown replies making excuses that it's a family owned company and that he was away and my order wasn't filled. So Charles tells me that my order would be shipped that day (01/27/12) and that I should have it by Monday 01/30/12 since he is located in Oh and I'm in PA. I didn't get my order yesterday, so I try to call them today since my order didn't arrive today either. No one answered the phone and so I send another email asking where my order is...so Charles begins to insult me and say I'm negative instead of taking some ownership for not shipping out my order. He tells me that he spend $9 to ship via FedEx instead of USPS which in his opinion would take a week to ship to PA from OH.

I'm pretty annoyed at this whole situation considering Charles acted as if he gave me something for free, even though I paid for shipping along with handling fee as well.

In his last email, he was swearing and just being a complete tool. I stated that if it's a family run business than perhaps he should reconsider using family if they cannot fill an order.

Buyer beware, since Charles doesn't seem to want to take ownership of their mistake.

http://reapercamo.com/

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Reaper Camo:buyer beware

I order a lot of fishing supplies from an outfit in Ohio and I usually have my items within 3 days USPS without a problem.
    Sounds like he is having issues keeping up with demand and is trying to buy time instead of manning up and telling the truth.
    Thanks for the heads up.

Hope you get your items soon.

Sure sounds fishy dealing with a guy named Charles Brown (ya know, the comic strip), like someone is taking orders and using a fake name???

Good luck
    and to the dust you shall return

unacceptable behavior by Charlie Brown, what a Peanut Head.

Quote Originally Posted by EandGWZ View Post
    unacceptable behavior by Charlie Brown, what a Peanut Head.
    I thought he was a blockhead?

OP I've ordered things that were shipped fedex before that were sent from New Jersey and then to California and then to me... I don't know why and it obviously took quite a while and I was really confused when I checked the tracking.
    Maybe thats what happened... or ol' charlie brown is blowin smoke up your ass and his customer service is really shitty.

(Chester County)

Did he provide tracking information? Sounds to me like he still hasn't shipped your order.

I would be in contact with him everyday until tracking info is provided.

Hopefully you paid with a credit card so you can dispute the charge if he does not deliver.

Some businesses don't seem to understand the simple act of communication. I ordered a holster a month back, and after placing the order I received a confirmation email thanking me for the order and stating that they currently had a backlog of two to three weeks. Two weeks in I was wondering where my holster was, and I was able to reference that email and the date to remind myself that more time was needed.

My point being that telling you customer up front that you have a large number of orders to process does two things: it sets a worst case scenario for the customer, and it also tells the customer that other people are interested in your product. Sure you may piss off a few people who want their product now, but it is tester than pissing them off three weeks later when they want to know where their order is located.

Quick update....so I finally get my order and must say the hat is suppose to be the same pattern as the one shirt and it's no the same pattern. In an email Chucky sent to me, he said he would send in "freebies" for my trouble and I get nothing of the sort. Not that I was looking for anything I didn't pay for, but the man's word means nothing.

"I am sorry you have not received your shirt in a timely manor, I was out of the office from Jan 13 till today, I had my daughter filling orders for me while I was away and she simply missed filling a few. I will make sure you get some extras

I will make sure your order goes out today—I see you are in PA and we ship from Ohio so your shirt should show up hopefully by Monday

Thank you for your patience

Sorry again for the shipping problem

Charles Brown

Erie Apparel"