Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Threaded View

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Default Re: Did you go shooting today (Pic thread)

I went out today to try some reloads. I was surprised at how light the .44 Special loads were compared to the .44 Magnum and .45 Colt. Even the 4" Blackhawk is a pussycat with the .44 Specials.

I figured out the problem with the 7" Blackhawk's transfer bar the other night. The end of the base pin has a spring-loaded plunger that pushes against the transfer bar. The base pin was all fouled from gas and wasn't pushed in all the way. After cleaning the pin and pushing it in until it clicked into place, the transfer bar stopped hitting the firing pin and the gun works fine.

My first 9mm reloads didn't work out so well. They ran fine in my CM9 and P365, but totally jammed up my Canick.

I hit the rimfire range again today. The Browning lever gun is accurate enough to hit anything that I can see, no matter how small. That's the catch - being able to see the smallest targets. If I use my reading glasses, I can see the sights but not a 1" plate at 15 yards. Without the reading glasses, I can see the targets but my sights are fuzzy. Last week I was shooting my scoped Glenfield, so I could see everything. Maybe next time I'll try the 15-22 with a red dot.

There's one good thing about this range - it's motivating me to get all of my .22's sighted in better. Can't hit teeny-tiny targets if my sights are off.
    Last edited by scruff; December 30th, 2020 at 10:18 PM.