Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 92 of 159 FirstFirst ... 4282888990919293949596102142 ... LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Re: Did you go shooting today (Pic thread)

Quote Originally Posted by alpacaheat View Post
    Smith 4006, adjustable sights. Not filing on this one, it's too pretty.
    One issue common to the 3rd generation Smiths. Front sight low. Contact S&W for a higher front replacement. Or go Novak. I had to go Novak with my wife's 3913. Hits point of aim for her now.
    gotta love her ;)

Quote Originally Posted by gold cup abuser View Post
    One issue common to the 3rd generation Smiths. Front sight low. Contact S&W for a higher front replacement. Or go Novak. I had to go Novak with my wife's 3913. Hits point of aim for her now.
    Would he not need a LOWER front sight since his shots are hitting lower than he wishes and he wants the hits to come up?

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Boondox View Post
    Would he not need a LOWER front sight since his shots are hitting lower than he wishes and he wants the hits to come up?
    Thanks for the catch there........

Need more coffee.............
    gotta love her ;)

(Washington County)

Tried out the new AutoTarget System we just ordered today. The company came out to give us a demo and it was an easy sell once we started shooting. Here's a video of me shooting this scenario:

1 shot anywhere on target will drop target with a max of 2 targets standing at any one time with random sequence with a time limit of 10 seconds.

https://youtu.be/alj2hBm23Z0

The system is remarkably easy to setup and change scenarios... you can quickly change it to require 2 hits to drop target or even change it to 2 to body and 1 to head, or even a point system where the head shot counts for 30, body is 20, and side of body is 10, and the shooter is required to get 40 points before target drops, so 1 head, or 2 body, or 1 body and 2 side shots, etc... before target drops. We also setup a scenario where all six targets were up and the computer would give a shooting tone and it would time how long from tone to you dropping last target. Think my best time was 5.9 seconds drawing from hostler which was the 2nd best time. These targets can handle up to 50BMG (we tested it today) and can easily count hits from a full-auto machine gun.. we dumped 10 rounds from a MP5-9mm and it counted 6 to the body and 4 to the neck. Really amazing target system and we can't wait to get them installed and ready to run for our range members. We plan on having a walking trail at the range where the shooter can walk down the trail and these targets will pop up on command of the trainer (as close or far as away as desired) and shooter will be computerized timed on how long it takes to drop the target and once again, you can program double tab requirement, single tap, or even head shot for when we run Zombie Shoots. Going to be a great 2016 at the range.
    Last edited by WCMG; September 10th, 2015 at 06:53 PM.
    Washington County Machine Guns & Tactical Range -- CMP Affiliated Club -- FFL 07 / FFL 10 / FEL 20 / SOT 02 / ITAR
    Largest MG Rental Business on the entire East Coast. M2HB, M9 Flamethrower, M67 Grenades, M240 Bravo, M249 SAW, M1919, RPD, M60, Bowling Ball Mortar.
    Now offering High-Explosive Classes (Open to the Public)

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Solaran_X View Post
    Spent my birthday on at SGL 203 rifle range.

\

And I made this.

Also got to shoot a suppressed Tavor (with an AAC M4-2000 suppressor), a FN SCAR 17 and some built-up bolt-action rifle with a Surgeon action. Never heard of it, but the recoil was pretty much nonexistent and the Timney trigger made my SSA-E feel like a mil spec.
    Which round did you shoot the quarter with and what distance? I'd like one for myself.
    Go head, skin it. Skin that smoke wagon and see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by smoke-wagon View Post
    Which round did you shoot the quarter with and what distance? I'd like one for myself.
    50 yards with the 14.5" upper on the SBR. Used a TA01NSN ACOG. Was still rather hard to hit, since the quarter was taped to the target with electrical tape. So I couldn't actually see it - I was just aiming at the tape.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Solaran_X View Post
    50 yards with the 14.5" upper on the SBR. Used a TA01NSN ACOG. Was still rather hard to hit, since the quarter was taped to the target with electrical tape. So I couldn't actually see it - I was just aiming at the tape.
    Standard fmj? I was thinking of trying to find green tip.
    Go head, skin it. Skin that smoke wagon and see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by smoke-wagon View Post
    Standard fmj? I was thinking of trying to find green tip.
    Lake City milsurp 62gr XM855. LMT upper receiver with a non-free floated 1:7 barrel. Pretty much a rack grade M4A1, sans the F/A lower receiver. That is part of my SOPMOD Block I clone kit. Trying to keep it as close to mil spec as possible. My only deviations so far are the trigger (Geissele SSA-E), the charging handle (I have the wrong PRI Gas Buster on the 14.5") and the S/A lower receiver. Everything else is standard mil spec SOPMOD Block I issue - 14.5" URG with a KAC M4 RAS, Grip Pod (available towards the end of Block I/beginning of Block I.V/PR), Surefire M952 weapon light, Trijicon TA01NSN ACOG and KAC 300M BUIS on a registered SBR LRG with a Geissele SSA-E trigger, Magpul MIAD and a LMT SOPMOD stock.

The 10.3" is pretty much the same, except for an ECOS-N optic (AimPoint CompM2 in a Wilcox mount), LMT BUIS that copies the carry handle rear sight and a KAC M4QD muzzle device (in case I ever successfully track down a KAC NT4 QDSS).

EDIT: Forgot the two CQD rail sling points on each upper and the CQD rear sling plate on the lower.

(Schuylkill County)

Got a HK P30SK the other day here are the first 10 and 20 shots with it free hand 10 yards. Very happy with it over all. First time Ive been out in a long time!

What's that target? Looks like a piece of floor underlayment.

Good shooting.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

Page 92 of 159 FirstFirst ... 4282888990919293949596102142 ... LastLast