Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 143 of 159 FirstFirst ... 4393133139140141142143144145146147153 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,430 of 1589
    (Berks County)

Default Re: Did you go shooting today (Pic thread)

Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post
    I forgot to post these yesterday - I also stopped by the new rimfire range for the first time. .22LR only, no .17 HMR or .22 Magnum. This range is great! They built a substantial pavilion with a bench all the way across and ropes to reset every rack.

There's this big 3-level rack at about 25 yards, with racks of animals to either side.

There are two of these racks at 15 yards. The targets get progressively smaller, 5" down to 1" in the back. Then there's the bowling pin rack at 20 yards.

Running down each side is a series of three gophers. All three are reset with the same rope.

I shot my dad's Ruger Mark II, which was pretty accurate. I also shot my Glenfield Model 25 bolt-action rifle that I got when I was a kid. A few years ago I dropped it, knocked the scope off, and put the scope back on without verifying the zero. I was happy to see that the gun was still zeroed - I could take out every tiny piece of steel on the range!
    That looks like a neat setup. I'd ask at my range if they could do something like that but I hear that they consistently have problems with renegade members screwing things up.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

I forgot to post these yesterday - I also stopped by the new rimfire range for the first time. .22LR only, no .17 HMR or .22 Magnum. This range is great! They built a substantial pavilion with a bench all the way across and ropes to reset every rack.

There's this big 3-level rack at about 25 yards, with racks of animals to either side.

There are two of these racks at 15 yards. The targets get progressively smaller, 5" down to 1" in the back. Then there's the bowling pin rack at 20 yards.

Running down each side is a series of three gophers. All three are reset with the same rope.

I shot my dad's Ruger Mark II, which was pretty accurate. I also shot my Glenfield Model 25 bolt-action rifle that I got when I was a kid. A few years ago I dropped it, knocked the scope off, and put the scope back on without verifying the zero. I was happy to see that the gun was still zeroed - I could take out every tiny piece of steel on the range!
    That looks like a blast to shoot.

(Berks County)

Agreed. Wish I had that here. For sure!
    Gunowner99 - NRA Benefactor Life Member

(Clearfield County)

I went shooting at PMSC today. I've been paring down the collection after receiving my dad's guns, and I wanted to make some side-by-side comparisons.

I'm not crazy about the 7" Blackhawk in 44 Magnum. Of course it has less recoil than the 4", but it's still a handful. I don't like the looks of it either, the barrel looks like it's too skinny for its length. And the gun malfunctioned after two shots. The transfer bar isn't clearing the firing pin when it slides up. The action jams, preventing the hammer from being cocked. If I point the gun at the sky, gravity pivots the transfer bar away from the firing pin, and the gun can be cocked. I'm going to sell this one, and I'm glad it malfunctioned before I sell it, so I can get it fixed. Dad's Model 629 is so much better to shoot than this Blackhawk.

And then there's the PPK. I really want to like this gun, but I don't. The slide is ridiculously hard to rack. The DA trigger pull is way too heavy. It's got no slide release. The safety/decocker is hard to operate. The Interarms name on the slide takes away from the Walthers mystique. And the slide wants to bite. It didn't draw blood, mainly because I was careful to not get my hand too high up on it after it grazed my hand on the first couple of shots. It's a neat gun, but it's on the way out. By comparison, my Kahr P380 shoots like a pussycat and was just as accurate as the PPK, despite being so much smaller and lighter.

So that's the TTD list - fix the Blackhawk, and then sell it, the 22/45 Lite, and the PPK. It was a nice warm day to go shooting, and it was fun to do these comparisons.
    Let me know when you sell the Blackhawk, fixed or not.

(Westmoreland County)

So that's the TTD list - fix the Blackhawk, and then sell it, the 22/45 Lite, and the PPK. It was a nice warm day to go shooting, and it was fun to do these comparisons.
    If the 22/45 is suppressor ready I'd be a buyer for it. Let me know.
    2021 PMSC/PAFOA Group shoot dates here https://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=366923

(Lackawanna County)

22/45 lite is threaded

(Allegheny County)

I thought that was a youth range

(Washington County)

I bet everyone feels like a kid again when theyre plinking at all those targets.

Unfortunately all I think when I see those pictures is "how long until someone ruins it?"
    In America arms are free merchandise such that anyone who has the capital may make their houses into armories and their gardens into parks of artillery. - Ira Allen, 1796

Page 143 of 159 FirstFirst ... 4393133139140141142143144145146147153 ... LastLast