Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 142 of 159 FirstFirst ... 4292132138139140141142143144145146152 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,420 of 1583

Default Re: Did you go shooting today (Pic thread)

Quote Originally Posted by Thrillz View Post
    I got a membership at Windsor Fish and Game on Monday, and went up today to shoot some. Put 200 rounds through my CZ75 and about 180 through my 16" AR. Got to shoot steel for the first time there and also got to shoot past 100 yards for the first time. Was a fun day (which happens to be my birthday lol). Did pretty good at 150 yards for never having shot that far, and managed to hit a steel plate that was laid against the berm at 200 yards a couple times.

Good day.
    Happy Birthday!

(York County)

Thanks!

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Thrillz View Post
    Thanks!
    Thrillz. Happy birthday. I celebrated mine yesterday as well and did go shooting the day before.

I shot my deer rifles. I did a cold bore shot with each and zeroed the couple I needed to.
    National Ordnance 1903A3 in .06
    2020-10-15_05-04-51 by poofy27, on Flickr
    Marlin 336 in 30-30.
    2020-10-15_05-05-03 by poofy27, on Flickr
    Ithaca slug gun 12ga. New glass. had to tune it a bit with Remington copper solids.
    2020-10-15_05-05-35 by poofy27, on Flickr

Pump 30.06 New load and had to tweak it in as well ( no pic). I had only loaded 8 rounds with Barnes TTSX and 4064 but got it close.

all at 100 except my Savage 111 in .300 win mag.
    I shot this using the bipod at 300 yards and am very uncomfortable doing so ( too much movement at 15X)
    2020-10-15_03-21-57 by poofy27, on Flickr

Results wernt too terribly bad but I need to shoot quite a bit more before I go for a cow elk tag.
    2020-10-15_05-03-40 by poofy27, on Flickr
    Opinions are like anal apertures. They all stink but mine.

(Cumberland County)

Finally a range day! Took out the new EZ9 bling version, Beretta and CZ that I had trigger replaced. All functioned flawlessly. Nice to get out although shooting 150 rounds of 9mm felt "different" now that it's not $12/box - lol.

"Tastefully Pimptastic"

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by cruzans View Post
    Finally a range day! Took out the new EZ9 bling version, Beretta and CZ that I had trigger replaced. All functioned flawlessly. Nice to get out although shooting 150 rounds of 9mm felt "different" now that it's not $12/box - lol.

That Beretta is freaking sweet

(Cumberland County)

And was a pleasure to shoot. Found those grips on line and when they arrived was amazed that they matched up perfectly! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by R L Suehr View Post
    That Beretta is freaking sweet
    "Tastefully Pimptastic"

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

I went shooting at PMSC today. I've been paring down the collection after receiving my dad's guns, and I wanted to make some side-by-side comparisons.

First up was the .22s. I've been thinking about selling my Ruger 22/45 Lite. I don't shoot it much since I bought a Walther PPQ. I figured dad's Ruger Mark II target pistol would blow it away, and it did. The 22/45 is very light, but so what? It's not like I'm carrying the thing. The Mark II has a better trigger, the grip fits my hand well, the heft of the gun feels good, and it's more accurate. I can see why this was one of my dad's favorites.

Next was the GP100 and the Model 66. I'm planning on keeping them both, but I was curious how they compare. Shooting .357 Magnum, the 3" Model 66's trigger guard hits my middle finger. With .38 Special, that wasn't a problem. I really like the gun. I have my dad's heavy-duty S&W leather thumb-break holster for it, and the holster is as nice as the gun. The 4" GP100 was only marginally more accurate, despite the longer barrel. It has a much longer double-action trigger pull. I don't like the gun as much as I thought I would, mainly because of the trigger.

The difference between the Airlite 360SC and the Model 60 was huge. Shooting .38 Special, the Airlite plain hurt, and the Model 60 was snappy but manageable. The Airlite was hitting a paper plate at 15 yards. The Model 60 was shooting high, and I only hit the plate once. It has an adjustable rear sight, so I'll need to get it sighted in.

This was the 4th or 5th time I've shot the Airlite with .357 Magnum, and it gets more unpleasant each time. Each time, I can't wait to fire the last round. My hand hurt so much, I thought it would be bruised. It took all of my concentration to keep the shots on the plate. I'd never be able to do that in a self-defense situation, even shooting .38 Special. I'm definitely going to keep both of these. My dad carried both, especially the Airlite, and I have his well-worn holsters to go with the guns. I'd never carry the Airlite myself, though. I'll keep it for the fun of watching other people feel the pain, LOL.

I wanted to compare the 3-1/2" Vaquero in 45 Colt to the 4" Blackhawk in 44 Magnum. The Vaquero is fun to shoot. Ito has a decent amount of muzzle flip, but doesn't sting at all. The Blackhawk was a handful. The trigger was much lighter than the Vaquero's, and I didn't like the light trigger on a gun that's hard to control. I enjoyed shooting the Blackhawk a lot more when I ran some 44 Special through it. Both are great looking guns, the Vaquero with the color case-hardened finish, and the Blackhawk in stainless. I'll keep them both and just shoot the Blackhawk with 44 Special.

I'm not crazy about the 7" Blackhawk in 44 Magnum. Of course it has less recoil than the 4", but it's still a handful. I don't like the looks of it either, the barrel looks like it's too skinny for its length. And the gun malfunctioned after two shots. The transfer bar isn't clearing the firing pin when it slides up. The action jams, preventing the hammer from being cocked. If I point the gun at the sky, gravity pivots the transfer bar away from the firing pin, and the gun can be cocked. I'm going to sell this one, and I'm glad it malfunctioned before I sell it, so I can get it fixed. Dad's Model 629 is so much better to shoot than this Blackhawk.

And then there's the PPK. I really want to like this gun, but I don't. The slide is ridiculously hard to rack. The DA trigger pull is way too heavy. It's got no slide release. The safety/decocker is hard to operate. The Interarms name on the slide takes away from the Walthers mystique. And the slide wants to bite. It didn't draw blood, mainly because I was careful to not get my hand too high up on it after it grazed my hand on the first couple of shots. It's a neat gun, but it's on the way out. By comparison, my Kahr P380 shoots like a pussycat and was just as accurate as the PPK, despite being so much smaller and lighter.

So that's the TTD list - fix the Blackhawk, and then sell it, the 22/45 Lite, and the PPK. It was a nice warm day to go shooting, and it was fun to do these comparisons.
    Last edited by scruff; December 24th, 2020 at 11:27 AM.

(Montgomery County)

Nice reviews and glad you're taking on your dad's collection.

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by cruzans View Post

Those are three beautiful boxes of ammo!

(Butler County)

I forgot to post these yesterday - I also stopped by the new rimfire range for the first time. .22LR only, no .17 HMR or .22 Magnum. This range is great! They built a substantial pavilion with a bench all the way across and ropes to reset every rack.

There's this big 3-level rack at about 25 yards, with racks of animals to either side.

There are two of these racks at 15 yards. The targets get progressively smaller, 5" down to 1" in the back. Then there's the bowling pin rack at 20 yards.

Running down each side is a series of three gophers. All three are reset with the same rope.

I shot my dad's Ruger Mark II, which was pretty accurate. I also shot my Glenfield Model 25 bolt-action rifle that I got when I was a kid. A few years ago I dropped it, knocked the scope off, and put the scope back on without verifying the zero. I was happy to see that the gun was still zeroed - I could take out every tiny piece of steel on the range!

Page 142 of 159 FirstFirst ... 4292132138139140141142143144145146152 ... LastLast