Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 13 of 159 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113 ... LastLast

Default Re: Did you go shooting today (Pic thread)

Not today but the last week was busy...

Dusting off the Rem700

Knock down steel....

Shotgun practice...
    Tantric Shooting Team

(Centre County)

No pictures here for me (sorry, was focusing my attention on the new shooter), but I had to share this story.

Took a coworker out yesterday for his first time with a firearm. He tends to lean liberal on most issues. After hearing me talk for the past few months about how much fun I have, he finally decided to give it a try. Took out the SR9c, P22, and AR for a basic first-time course. I have to say I've gained a lot of respect for him over that hour. He had trouble keeping his finger off the trigger, like so many newbies do, but otherwise was very safety conscious, and had a good grasp on the basics after just one round: breath control, trigger squeeze, careful and patient shot placement. With the pistols he was shooting 8-inch six-shot groups at 10 yards, with the AR he was getting 1-inch groups of 5 (with a reload) at 30 yards. He's hooked.

Unfortunately, on the way out of the range we hit a particularly bad pothole that I tried to get over by simply slowing down. I forgot that his extra weight on the passenger side lowered the car, and a rock took out my oil pan. A small price to pay to get a new vocal advocate for gun rights.
    "Cave Johnson. We're done here."

(Allegheny County)

The greatest value I have ever gotten from the Pittsburgh City Paper

Then I settled down.
    Last edited by PaleDriver; April 21st, 2012 at 08:17 PM.

(Schuylkill County)

Nice pics everyone! Only 802 more posts to go until this thread catches the "What did you buy yourself today thread?"

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by legendarylorot View Post
    No pictures here for me (sorry, was focusing my attention on the new shooter), but I had to share this story.

Took a coworker out yesterday for his first time with a firearm. He tends to lean liberal on most issues. After hearing me talk for the past few months about how much fun I have, he finally decided to give it a try. Took out the SR9c, P22, and AR for a basic first-time course. I have to say I've gained a lot of respect for him over that hour. He had trouble keeping his finger off the trigger, like so many newbies do, but otherwise was very safety conscious, and had a good grasp on the basics after just one round: breath control, trigger squeeze, careful and patient shot placement. With the pistols he was shooting 8-inch six-shot groups at 10 yards, with the AR he was getting 1-inch groups of 5 (with a reload) at 30 yards. He's hooked.

Unfortunately, on the way out of the range we hit a particularly bad pothole that I tried to get over by simply slowing down. I forgot that his extra weight on the passenger side lowered the car, and a rock took out my oil pan. A small price to pay to get a new vocal advocate for gun rights.
    Too bad about the oil pan but sounds like you converted someone which is always good news
    I dislike the diamond commercials, give me something useful like guns, ammo or cookware.

(Pike County)

Well I took the AR out for the first time today and it was a totally difference experience as compared to the .22LR rifle and 9mm pistol I have fired before. Much sharper recoil than I am used to so my groupings haven't developed yet, I hope over the next few months to improve my groupings with more practice. My father also joined me and he is left handed. He tried shouldering the rifle on his left shoulder but it didn't feel right so he shot right handed. Here is what we did:

My Shots, freestanding at 20-25 yards:

Father, freestanding at 20-25 yards:

My shots, 50 yards, on bags:

Father, 50 yards, on bags:

I will probably lose my man card after posting those terrible groupings. This was at Easton Game and Fish on the weekend, it was crowded and that didn't help my concentration. I know though I am still deficient and hopefully more range time will help my skills develop. During this trip we shot through 220 rounds and man was the rifle smoking when we were done, it was a good time even with the poor groupings. I have to come back on a Monday or Tuesday in the next few weeks so I can properly zero my new Magpul MBUS on my 15-22, I botched that up with the afternoon rush coming in.
    Last edited by LifeInPa; April 21st, 2012 at 09:39 PM.
    Sanity, yours if you can keep it.....

went out in the rain, best time to go since it seems most are scared of rain even thou theres a roof overhead lol and thanks to American Eagle ammo i had a cigar holder

(York County)

Thanks for the call Mike.......

Quote Originally Posted by mike_yorkPA View Post
    went out in the rain, best time to go since it seems most are scared of rain even thou theres a roof overhead lol and thanks to American Eagle ammo i had a cigar holder

Went to classic pistol yesterday. Brought my AR and my friend brought his ruger sr9 and Taurus 45. The trigger on the sr9 sucks as its da only and realllllly long. The Taurus 45 was actually pretty awesome for a cheap gun and the 45 was very manageable compared to other 45s I've shot.

My friend firing my ar

Just got the Howard electronic earmuffs from amazon and for $49. First time using them and they are so awesome and highly recommend them.

My group emptying a 30rnd mag at 25 yards. Only the 3rd time shooting my new ar and I was rapid firing off hand with irons but it was half way decent.

(Dauphin County)

Lots of guns today. Some were my friends step dad's.

RRA LAR15
    Winchester SXP 12ga
    Cobra Tri star 12ga
    XD45
    Glock 20C
    XD40
    Ruger .30-06
    Bushmaster AR15
    FnH 5.7 (finally got to hold and shoot one)
    HK416 (.22lr fun little plinker)
    Kimber Pro carry (iirc)

Ended the shooting with a ride through the woods

Even came across what looked like an old bel-air

Page 13 of 159 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113 ... LastLast