Well, I have always fired front sight white dot on target. Now, I tried someone's Glock with fiber optics and this is what happened with me. Please note, I never shot a Glock before. Always a 1911 guy.

I had to admit my eyes need more than an enhanced white dot on the front sight. Never thought much on optics except as a marketing tool. When I picked up your Glock and did a sight actuation, it did nothing for me. But when I loaded and sighted down onto the target, a light bulb went on in my head. I changed my sight and aimed for the head and it was so "focused". BANG, dead on. As I was in amazement and absorbing, BANG, the second shot went off which in turn made me realize I was working a very maxed out trigger, end result dead on. I than took my target to just below neck and aimed for upper chest, right of throat. Total amazement, I held sight and hit three exactly where I focused the red dot onto target. The grouping was triangled and within 2 1/2". I even took a minute to look at my weak hand, and saw how it was placed, thumb over thumb pointing forward."

So the question is, what optics are best for an XDM. I only need the front sight.