Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Video: Portable Security for $20 ?!?

Last edited by EandGWZ; January 27th, 2012 at 11:55 PM.

(Berks County)

Default Re: Video: Portable Security for $20 ?!?

Option two: Shower with you gun.

Option three: Make your kids sit in the bathroom while you shower.

As you recognized, it's perfect for your intended purpose. I wouldn't leave on vacation with your sr locked up and cable locked to a bed post and feel safe with it home alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Zet70 View Post
    Option two: Shower with you gun.

Option three: Make your kids sit in the bathroom while you shower.

As you recognized, it's perfect for your intended purpose. I wouldn't leave on vacation with your sr locked up and cable locked to a bed post and feel safe with it home alone.
    Ha, actually thought about that but the humidity!

Just realized Sentinel is actually the company Stack-on (and they're selling this one for about 10 dollars more on amazon)

(Allegheny County)

Not sure what the thread title is implying, as the OP simply posted a video with no comment.

I have 2 similar to this. A bunch of us here got them as a group purchase a few years ago. I keep one in each vehicle and we were able to get them keyed alike, so I don't need 2 keys.

It's ideal for what it is used for and it's totally worthless for anything it's not intended to do/be in the first place.

$20 sounds like a fair price.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Sinking Spring/Wernersville, Pennsylvania
    (Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Not sure what the thread title is implying, as the OP simply posted a video with no comment.

I have 2 similar to this. A bunch of us here got them as a group purchase a few years ago. I keep one in each vehicle and we were able to get them keyed alike, so I don't need 2 keys.

It's ideal for what it is used for and it's totally worthless for anything it's not intended to do/be in the first place.

The video is his comment. I believe it is him in the video, as around 0:04 in the vid he says "relatively new to the forum". He made a video about what he picked up instead of typing it.
    "Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." - JOHN ADAMS, 2nd President of the United States of America

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Looks like this one from Stack-On. I'm looking for something small for my car, and this should fit the bill. Thanks for the tip, OP!

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post

As acosenza2 suggested, it's me, I know weird but the closest I'll ever get to being in the movies.
    Last edited by EandGWZ; January 28th, 2012 at 02:34 AM.

(Allegheny County)

OK cool, but the thread title is vague, as I'm left to interpret what you mean by "?!?"

I looked on the Big Lots website, but didn't see it. Probably one of those deals where they bought a small batch of them. I'll have to look and see if they have any at my local store.

Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post
    Looks like this one from Stack-On. I'm looking for something small for my car, and this should fit the bill. Thanks for the tip, OP!
    That's it, marketed as "Sentinel" but the instructions said Stack-On. There were a couple at the Big Lot in Franklin for only 20 bucks. I would definitely go Brand specific, as per my comment, I wans't too impressed by the one made by Sentry Safe.

As an additional comment, I think this would be great in the car if looped to the front anchor on your passengers seat and left out of sight (underneath). My guess is it would take either the use of heavy duty pliers or 5 to 10 minutes to get it freed. The lock is slightly more heavy duty than one you would see on a premium filing cabinet, there is no wiggle room along the hinges, I'd say the metal around it is about 1/16", cable 1/4" inch thick, has to weight about 6-7 lbs despite it's size.

(Allegheny County)

That looks exactly the same as the ones I have, but I forget the brand. Probably made by the same company and rebranded.

It fits perfectly under the seat of my Cavalier and I have the cable looped through the seat frame. It won't fit under my truck seat due to all the motors/wiring for the power seats, but I found a spot under the back seat that works just fine. "Out of sight" is a good idea - I wish they would make the lock black so it didn't scream "HEY, there's something of value in here!"

I rarely use them, but if I should ever need to leave something in the vehicle, it's better than in a console.

For twenty bucks though, you can't go wrong.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast