Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Firestar Owners Speak Up

Hello all. I once owned a pair of these, and later sold them. I picked one up again, for old times' sake, and wanted to make sure you were all aware of these great little pistols. Every Firestar I've owned has been a blued .45 ACP model.

Available in .45, .40, and 9mm, either nickel or blued.

I picked up mine for $250 out the door at American Arms in Colmar, and they are always available for under $300.

I highly recommend this economical and compact handgun as a concealed carry or in-home stash weapon.

Anyone else have one of these, and either disagree or agree with this assessment?

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Firestar Owners Speak Up

Never owned, never fired, never seen one. Call me superficial, but that is one weapon best talked about on radio. Not quite as homely as a hi-point, but close.
    But hey, if it works for you, great. If nothing else, your review may be of some help for future potential owners seeking info on it.

(Mercer County)

I'd love to see these again new, with parts support, and other STAR pistols come back. I remember getting those great Interarms catalogs, and thinking how cool STAR, Astra, Walther, and Dragoon revolvers looked. When you think about these Firestar, and other Star designs, it speaks well for their design, and execution... B model Super always sticks in my brain as being a great, innovative design, with the slide disassembled looks more like a BHP than 1911.

While stationed in Germany, I shot Star Model 30's, and Jesus what a tank... It's like an I-beam combined with a P210. Should have bought one, along with as new $125 French Manurhin Walther .32 autos, and $250 NIB Pre-B CZ75s... They had to put a 5 pc limit on these CZs bought from the rod & gun club in the early 90's; folks were buying them up, PCSing, and selling them for big bucks back in the states. These were self imported via form 6, so as a plus had no import stamp.

(Franklin County)

i had a 9mm Firestar back in 87-88. It was the very first pistol I ever bought and my first CC pistol. If I recall, it had a satin finish and a black rubber grip. From a distance it was a very attractive pistol but up close, it lacked fit and finish with some rough edges. I dont recall it being extremely accurate or reliable. I traded it for a Tanfoglio because I wanted a larger double stack, double action. I was into inexpensive firearms back then because at that time in my life, it was either cheap or nothing at all.

(Lancaster County)

I had one in 45. I gave it to my Dad and he still has it. I got it out the other day and was looking at it. I liked it well enough but it sure seems heavy for the size. Lol I still have the free polo shirt they offered with the purchase of the gun as well

(Northampton County)

I have the Md 43 in 9 mm thinking about getting a double stack 9 mm md with the aluminum frame, Heres a pic of mine of course I cerakoted it,was a little shabby looking when I picked her up.

www.EastonFirearmsRefinishing.com Owner/Operator, NRA Pistol Instructor

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sparxfly72 View Post
    Never owned, never fired, never seen one. Call me superficial, but that is one weapon best talked about on radio. Not quite as homely as a hi-point, but close.
    But hey, if it works for you, great. If nothing else, your review may be of some help for future potential owners seeking info on it.
    Funny, it looks like a SIG Sauer to me.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by mollymayhem82 View Post
    Funny, it looks like a SIG Sauer to me.
    Well, except for the trigger, trigger guard, grips, slide, slide release, mag release and rear strap...sure....hard to tell the difference.
    Side note: I worked in Dickson City last month at the Home Depot. We replaced the server on wall near the grills one night.

(Lancaster County)

Forgot. Got a hat too

(Bucks County)

I've fired a friends 9mm Firestar in nickel a number of times. It ran well, was very accurate ... I really liked it! Nothing wrong with this firearm at all.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast