Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Angry House across the street was burglarized this afternoon (no-one home)

What - you mean out on the safe and secure "main line" someone would kick in patio doors at 2pm in the afternoon and burglarize a house? Say it isn't so.....

You gotta have a home defense plan worked out with your family members so that you are prepared to implement a plan if God forbid this happens in your house and you're home!
    Last edited by lprgcFrank; January 25th, 2012 at 11:07 PM. Reason: typo
    "...The gun at my side means that I cannot be forced, only persuaded...It doesn't limit the actions of those who would interact with me through reason, only the actions of those who would do so by force."
    Marko Kloos 2007

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: House across teh street was burglarized this afternoon (no-one home)

Kind of an eye opener ain't it? http://forum.pafoa.org/lounge-108/15...residents.html

We had something similar just a couple weeks ago.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Chester County)

Default Re: House across the street was burglarized this afternoon (no-one home)

Yea not to mention we've had 2 bank robberies in the past week. The first at the TD in Paoli, and yesterday and the citizens bank in Devon. The guy in Paoli had a bomb and the guy in Devon had a handgun. Philly is coming to the burbs!

Frank where in wayne do you live? Im a few minutes down the road in Devon
    "All we have is a temporary bill of privileges" - George Carlin

Default Re: House across the street was burglarized this afternoon (no-one home)

It is a very sick society we live in.

(Bucks County)

Yeah...last week our church was broken into. :-(
    "Stupid people are ruining America." --Herman Cain

(Monroe County)

What does Philly has to do with it? Just curious. Is Philly some kind of a crime headquarters or distribution center for American crime? Or does crime has to be sanctioned out of Philly for the crime to be legit?

Were the Bank robbers sent by the Philly Government or some kind of a crime boss in Philly? Or can Criminals commit crime on their own based on the usual criminal's tools such as opportunity, convenience , location etc.?

I dont know, Does all Pa. crime as to be authorised by someone out of Philly ? Is this the first crime committed in your Area? If so it must have been truly traumatizing for you and your community.

I just got through reading this http://the economiccollapseblog.comamericaafterdark

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by mrnyman View Post
    What does Philly has to do with it? Just curious. Is Philly some kind of a crime headquarters or distribution center for American crime? Or does crime has to be sanctioned out of Philly for the crime to be legit?

Were the Bank robbers sent by the Philly Government or some kind of a crime boss in Philly? Or can Criminals commit crime on their own based on the usual criminal's tools such as opportunity, convenience , location etc.?

I dont know, Does all Pa. crime as to be authorised by someone out of Philly ? Is this the first crime committed in your Area? If so it must have been truly traumatizing for you and your community.

I just got through reading this http://the economiccollapseblog.comamericaafterdark
    There is a great “concentric circle” circle crime study which gets into detail about crime patterns in relation to cities. The study was even done using Philly as its model if I remember right.

The study can be moved into the suburbs as well…your first tier communities outside of the city like Cheltenham will have higher crime rates on average. The ripple then moves out and crime will lessen more in Abington…. Then lessen again in Upper Dublin and so on and so on.

If you are a police officer in one of those communities you see that on average less than 10% of your arrests are of people from your own community. The suburbs close to the city are the juicier targets because they are close… have more money (usually) and you don’t stand out as much while you are casing neighborhoods during the day. A car from Ogontz driving around a neighborhood in Cheltenham won’t be as “sore thumb’ish” as would the same car in Montgomeryville.

(Delaware County)

What does Philly have to do with it?

Well, living in Delaware County (NOT considered "Main Line", which is anything along Rt 30, or more specifically the former Pennsy RR line back in the heyday), I can say that the main arteries out of the city (Rts 30, 3, 1) are prime avenues for city criminals to expand their trade.

My wife worked at a pharmacy along Rt 3 several years ago. The pharmacy robberies got so bad that when one occurred in, say, West Goshen (pretty far west of the city), they would notify the rest of the pharmacies along the route. Sure enough, the robbers would hit several pharmacies on their way back east to the city.

While criminals can come from anywhere, there's a pretty good track record of many who take the main roads out of the city, either by car, bus, or train, to hit the sleepy and ignorant suburbian towns along the way.

They all are individual opportunists. Doesn't seem like "prior permission required" from a mystical authority is needed.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by donstrom View Post
    What does Philly have to do with it?.
    Nothing at all except thats the area he's talking about. You could just as well be talking about a burb outside Pittsburgh, Harrisburg, Scranton, Erie, or any other urban area.

Yes criminals are oppertunists....and there are more of them housed in urban areas.

(Carbon County)

any area along 30 on the main line near the train stations were bad for years...not big city bad, but worse than the rest of the area. same as haverford/ardmore and that area. lower merion which is right on the border of philly...lets just say the cops there know how to deal with anyone who crosses their border.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast