Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 172324252627

Default Re: Interesting story - Bicyclist Attacked, Shoots Attackers

Quote Originally Posted by mccula View Post
    I certainly hope as a responsible gun owner you wouldn't say that. You do realize that the only part of that "apology" (or statement or whatever you want to call it) that an anti will remember is the part I bolded, right?
    You know, because you said the gun CAUSED the young man's death. No, the gun didn't. The shooter did.
    Rosie's spoons didn't make her fat, just like flies don't cause garbage.
    Who cares what an anti will remember? Anti in this context is just another word for leftist sheeple douche bag.

Who you trying to kid here? These people abhor guns, self defense, and us. The day I live my life to please someone without the guts to defend themselves will be the day that Sarah Brady and Wayne LaPierre get it on.

(Indiana County)

Quote Originally Posted by Valorius View Post
    Who cares what an anti will remember? Anti in this context is just another word for leftist sheeple douche bag.

Who you trying to kid here? These people abhor guns, self defense, and us. The day I live my life to please someone without the guts to defend themselves will be the day that Sarah Brady and Wayne LaPierre get it on.
    It's not so much the Anti I'd worry about. It's the avergae Joe looking to get into firearm ownership in this state so he does some research and finds this site.

After reading a couple of these threads he might have second thoughts.

(Lehigh County)

I don't think it matters one iota if we write our true feelings or sugar coat it for the benefit of the antis. They're still going to hate guns, call us "gun nuts", baby killers and lay a pile of untrue crap on us. I have stopped trying to appease them or redirect them a long time ago. My main agenda now is to see that they are kept in check with good legislation written by informed legislators and keeping judges from writing law from the bench.
    The older I get, the better I used to be.

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by mccula View Post

You know, because you said the gun CAUSED the young man's death. No, the gun didn't. The shooter did.
    Rosie's spoons didn't make her fat, just like flies don't cause garbage.
    Wrong! The act of justifiable self-defense did, in the fact that the result ended
    with the BG's death.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by C.J. View Post
    It's not so much the Anti I'd worry about. It's the avergae Joe looking to get into firearm ownership in this state so he does some research and finds this site.

After reading a couple of these threads he might have second thoughts.
    I don't think so. I don't think pretending to be horrified when a 16yo mass mugger who is already well on the path to career criminal status gets himself shot is any kind of a selling point for gun ownership.

Sorry.

The fact is if that guy didn't have a gun he would've been beaten and robbed. Because he didn't, he wasn't. Those are the only facts that matter. My opinion or your opinion on the merits of sugar coating the fact that a predatory animal was killed are really quite irrelevant.
    Last edited by Valorius; February 2nd, 2012 at 01:53 AM.

(Allegheny County)

I don't think anyone will change opinions here. One atacker is dead. No one was mugged by the others that day. It was a good day.
    Last edited by Mush; February 2nd, 2012 at 06:59 AM.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by PennsyPlinker View Post
    Agreed. But the chances of getting any details, especially accurate details, are highly unlikely, especially for things like holster, the event itself, etc. And if a trusted friend would blurt all that out, the first thing he would have to do is remove trusted from the description of that friend. As for the gun, I can already tell you - if the press reports it, it was a Glock.
    And if it wasn't a it had to be an AK. Those are normally used by gangs, but now and then I guess in the medias eyes and old man could use one.

Maybe the guy used a "Mata Policia", the dreaded FN 5.7mm of Mexican drug wars infamy.

(On a side note, i wonder how many of those "Mata Policia" pistols were provided by the ATF and US DoJ, courtesy project Fast & Furious)

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Glock9mm View Post
    You know, as a resonsible gun owner I would say he didn't deserve to die. I would say I was attacked, drew my weapon and fired to stop a threat. Once the threat stopped, I ceased my defense. The tool I was able to use in my defense unfortunately caused this young man destined for greatness to pass on. While I find this very troubling, I just thank the lord he saw fit to spare me on this awful day when I was so savagely attacked by three assailants.

This would all be heart felt of course, and I would be thanking my lucky stars after the incident I lived in a gun friendly state and the crime against me didn't further harm me or threaten my life.

If the bullet managed to hit his leg and he stopped, well praise the lord! : )

(I love that you added the knee or weapon shooting part, I just heard it from my liberal mother in law over the weekend!)

I get that people are sorry that this kid died, but hell, an innocent victim could have died too. When will the liberals anti gunners get it?
    Epic FAILURE! This is a prime example of why after a shooting, you STFU and ask for a lawyer. I don't care how well you rehearse the statement above because all the jury will hear is:

Quote Originally Posted by Glock9mm View Post
    You know, as a resonsible gun owner I would say he didn't deserve to die...unfortunately caused this young man destined for greatness to pass on.
    Here is a video that was done by Massad Ayoob. Best for folks to memorize this instead of the insane speech above.

http://www.gunsandammo.com/2011/05/2...real-shooting/
    Last edited by RXM; February 2nd, 2012 at 09:00 AM.

(Bucks County)

There is only one cause for the death of this person and that is his actions and the actions of his companions. More than likely the victim did not get ready for his bike ride by placing a handgun on his person with the thought that he would be killing someone that day. The victim, like many others who carry a handgun, was only practicing good personal responsibility by being prepared if god forbid he experinced any violent criminal activity directed towards him. Like someone with life insurance, he was just "paying the premium" by being prepared and not hoping to collect the "face value" of the policy during that bike ride. If the subject who was killed had made the decision to stay at home under house arrest, he would not have been shot. Had he not been involved in a history of ongoing criminal activity during his life he would still be alive. Instead this subject "rolled the dice" as he did on a number of other occassions including two other events that morning and when the dice came to rest they showed a seven. Instead of an elderly easy target to knock off of the bike and brutally assault and rob, he and his campanions ran into a prepared citizen who takes personal responsibility very seriously. That citizen after the start of the attack, who more than likely would have been overwelmed by these three subjects and seriously injured or killed and definetly robbed, pulled out an equalizer, a tool that was his "insurance policy" but that he had not planned on using that day. That equalizer allowed the citizen to terminate the attack and escape serious bodily injury (hopefully as we do not know if he was injured seriously when he was knocked off the bike) or death. The citizen did not cause the death as he did not plan the event, he only reacted to responsibly defend himself using the tool he carried. He was not looking for a chance to use his gun as he was only exercising on his bike. The gun did not cause the death as it does not have a mind of its own, it is only a tool used by the citizen to defend himself. The three persons who made the choice to victimize this citizen, taking a chance on attacking what they believed was a "soft target", a 65 year old person on a bike, are the ones who are responsible. They choosed their destiny but misjudged their "soft target" and lost at the game they played a number of times previously. I have no sympathy for any of the three who initiated the attack. They made a "bad business decision" that day and paid a price. I only have concern for the citizen who was victimized wishing him well both physically and mentally through this unfortunate situation. This event was a "life changing " event for that citizen. I hope he handles it well as from the facts as presented, he did no wrong. He just acted responsibly to defend himself. I don't care what the anti gun individuals think. They can read this and still beat the gun control drum as they are like alcoholics. You can reason with them but in the end they will still state the same anti gun case and twist statiscs and facts to benefit their cause. This will be an incident of a juvenile killed by a handgun, a suicide in a residence will be a residential handgun homicide, a shop keeper shooting a person robbing him will be a case of workplace violence with a handgun.......etc.

Stay safe and responsible !!!!!

Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 172324252627