Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415

Default Re: Romney signs off on permanent assault weapons ban

The fact that Romney has a 'B' rating from the NRA reinforces my decision to never give them another dime which was made a few years ago

(Monroe County)

Looks as if the ghost of Shamus the dog may be taking vengeance against Romney. As of this morning it looks as if there's a better than not chance that Romney lose his native state, Michigan's primary. He won that last time in 2008 by a big margin, Also, polls today, Monday, have Santorium ahead by double digits in a number of the larger amount delegate states. Heard that Rick Santorium leads Romney in Texas by 25 points.

It's shaping up that the general electorate simply doesn't want Mitt Romney and are rejecting the guy. In my humble opinion in 2012, it was the elitist left wing media that put the big stink on Romney. As we recall that last time both the Rino Republican party hacks and northeast liberal establishment anointed that pathetic clown John McCain.

Up until not that long ago, Romney was proclaimed by the news media and most talking head pundits as the "presumptive presidential nominee: and "Romney has nomination in the bag" etc. etc. Do know that it pissed me off. If that's he situation, then why should anyone even bother voting?

It seemed as if here the powers to be were again trying to jam down their throats some homogenized, prepackaged, two-faced stooge. As it shakes it out . . . the voters this time are just not buying it and Romney looks to be on the down slide.

(Allegheny County)

We are in a deep benjo ditch.

The local KDKA fake-conservative talk radio just spent hours this AM ripping Santorum via the Santorum-haters calling in and the local newspaper reports of the MASSIVE SWPA Yinzer-hate for Santorum.

The afternoon show continued with more of the same; even calling Santorum an ayatollah...

I just ignore the windbag element of Santorum, so I have to ask the rhetorical question; Are there THAT many gullible people in PA who actually pay such close attention to his sanctimonious lecturing that they have to hate him as much as they do???

Ooops, yes, this IS Pennsyltucky afterall.

The sure loss of PA coupled with Santorums regular self-induced animosity accross the rest of the USA means he isn't going anywhere near the White House.

Obama is hoping and praying at the idea of running against Rick on the national level.

And Mitt; was Shamus the SUV-roof-surfer even known on a larger stage until it reappeared in the media? No.
    But Mittney's past antics with Shamus will absolootly be trotted out by the well-funded Nobama campaign juggernaut if Mitt succeeds as the nominee.

We really ARE in some shit.
    Last edited by nfafan; February 20th, 2012 at 02:20 PM.
    All of my guns are lubed with BACON GREASE.

(Monroe County)

The big rumble now is that the Republican presidential nomination may well be decided in a "brokered convention" this summer. As a kid in the 1950s, I'd always watch both Democrat and Republican conventions live on TV. It was there that presidents were chosen by delegate brokering and voting. The whole event was a rowdy circus with drunks running around wearing strange paper hats, howling conga lines weaving through the convention hall and random red, white and blue balloon drops.

The way it's understood . . . once a "designated" delegate casts a first ballot, they are free then to vote for any candidate. We should not be surprised if some dark horse candidates appear through the draft process. Governor Mitch Daniels is one name that keeps popping up.

That Daniels guy reminds me of the great President Calvin Coolidge. We really could use a good man like old Cool Cal about now.

Remembering Calvin Coolidge's best line . . . "The business of government IS business".

After that, Cal climbed back on the train, left Washington and hid out on his farm in Vermont. I think that was the last that anybody ever saw of him.

Last edited by Capt Quahog; February 20th, 2012 at 12:58 PM.

(Allegheny County)

Left-Right Puppet.jpg

Moderator:
    Puppet on the left are you ready for the debate?
    Left Puppet: Yes I am.
    Moderator: Puppet on the right are ready for the debate?
    Right Puppet: Yes I am.

Voter: What about the 15 trillion in debt and the 1.3 trillion dollar deficit.

Moderator: Left Puppet you may answer.
    Left Puppet: Abortion
    Voter: Huh?

Moderator: Voter next question.
    Voter: OK, What about the US going to war with Iran?
    Moderator: Right Puppet you may answer
    Right Puppet: Gay Marriage

Voter: What the heck?
    Moderator: So ends the debate and now back to The Surviving Singing Desperate Bachelors Sports diversion show.
    Careful some of those Zombies could be Americans!

(Lawrence County)

Christ... weapons bans only work on those who are willing to abide by the law. Therefore, anyone who is already a criminal or willing to perform criminal acts couldn't care less. There in lies the problem.

Gun regulations don't affect criminals. Criminals already bypass and break the laws. Law abiding citizens are the ones who pay the price for it instead.

"But you don't need military style guns or high capacity magazines!" Really? Ok, fine, the average joe probably doesn't, but why limit what they can and can't have? Really it's just that people are fed so much fear mongering towards firearms that they now hate them and want to limit their ownership and use.

I may not need an AR-15, but I sure as hell would like one. I'm a Marine, it's a familiar platform, and it has plenty of uses from competition shooting to hunting. Shotguns with higher capacities and pistol grips are just as useful for hunting as they are for home defense. A pistol with a higher magazine capacity is great for defensive carry because it means I won't have to reload in the middle of a violent confrontation.

Here's an idea. Instead of banning tools that both law abiding citizens and criminals use, why not find the root cause of crimes? Instead of wasting time and money on legislation that only affects good citizens, why not find out the causes for crime in an area? Drugs, poverty, abuse, neglect, parenting, social norms, etc. Unless you look at the actual cause for criminals turning into criminals, then you won't have anything solved. Instead, the citizens who follow the laws will be limited in what they can do, and criminals will continue to find more arms.

A firearm is a tool. It can be used for good or bad. Similarly, so can a knife, hammer, baseball bat, screwdriver, etc. While you're at it, ban those, high fatty foods, sun tanning, and cars. I'm pretty sure all those have killed just as many or more than firearms have.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by ShaulWolf View Post
    Christ... weapons bans only work on those who are willing to abide by the law. Therefore, anyone who is already a criminal or willing to perform criminal acts couldn't care less. There in lies the problem.

Gun regulations don't affect criminals. Criminals already bypass and break the laws. Law abiding citizens are the ones who pay the price for it instead.

<snip>

I'm a Marine, it's a familiar platform, and it has plenty of uses from competition shooting to hunting.

<snip>
    We went thru the same song and dance in the 80s' to fight the 86 and then 89 and 94 bans.... Didn't work.

Tried everything from letters to ANYONE/EVERYONE to vote against the bans to holding "sporting gun shoots" to beating on each other and SGN advertisers to STOP calling them ASSAULT RIFLES and WEAPONS. Application of common logic didn't work; tried to explain the physics of a crack junkie breaking his shoulder shooting an HK91 or SAR-48 and how they couldn't possibly be the tools of crime...

As you know, didn't work.

Of course we didn't have the rapid comm of the Internet that we have today, just a bunch of gun mags and NRA ILA mailings.

If they try to pull a similar stunt today - I have a feeling that the elected royalty will hear from us - and FAST. The LAST thing in the world they want is to lose their place of privilege in the USA.

BTW; Jack Wagner (USMC) of PGH Cshitty Clowncil at the time voted for the PGH ban, John Murtha (USMC and ABSCAM "hero") voted for the ban. Bush I was Navy.

Former military doesn't mean beans.
    Last edited by nfafan; February 21st, 2012 at 08:33 AM.
    All of my guns are lubed with BACON GREASE.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415