Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    (Northampton County)

Default Re: Had my firearm removed from my possession during traffic stop again

Quote Originally Posted by Svickstc View Post
    Have to to encounter this, however, there is no way in hell I'm having a leo remove my loaded gun from my iwb, id ask him to take the whole damn holster out of my pants...

Good luck, id be pissed
    Exactly how would you stop this, are you suggesting resisting, you can state that you don’t consent but most LEO’s laugh at this and continue to do as they please. Anything short of compliance will get you thrown to the ground, cuffed and you know an extra kick or punch here and there for good measure.

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCityK9Cop View Post
    I would make an appointment to speak with the chief of police to discuss the errors regarding the gun part of the incident. If supervision is unaware of the problem it surely won’t get fixed.
    First off, the chief of police will have to see the error and see it as a problem and I just dont think thats going to happen. It will always come down to "for officer safety".
    Question for the OP, do you think you wouldve been removed from the vehicle if you had simply said "no sir, no guns on me"?
    I guess the up side is it doesnt sound like you were removed at gunpoint.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by ray h View Post
    First off, the chief of police will have to see the error and see it as a problem and I just dont think thats going to happen. It will always come down to "for officer safety".
    If he does not...take it to the next level....and the next.

West Side of river from Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
    (Luzerne County)

Offer not to pursue a lawsuit for illegal search and seizure if they drop the trumped up charges.

Then do it anyway..........
    With great power comes great responsibility....

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCityK9Cop View Post
    If he does not...take it to the next level....and the next.
    Come on...seriously?
    At what level do you honestly think someone will stand up and say "stop it"?
    Supreme court? just maybe.
    The law and the courts are always going to give police the option of disarming people for their safety. They may adjust the specific circumstances that this can happen but it will always fall back to the officer's judgement.
    All the officer has to say is the subject seemed irritated and he felt he may become a danger to the officer or the public.
    The only way this will stop is at the individual officer level. The officers need to see it as wrong. At this point in time, I dont think many of them do.
    Last edited by ray h; January 24th, 2012 at 07:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ray h View Post
    Question for the OP, do you think you wouldve been removed from the vehicle if you had simply said "no sir, no guns on me"?
    I guess the up side is it doesnt sound like you were removed at gunpoint.
    I wouldn't recommend this action if you were carrying, but I may state "there is nothing illegal in my house, car or on my person".

(or a better wording to throw him off "I don't screw around with any illegal schytt")
    Last edited by MrBi11; January 24th, 2012 at 08:10 AM.

If God didn't intend us to have guns why would he have given us a trigger finger?

(Montgomery County)

Where did this happen? I live in the same area as you and probably drive through all the time.

Yes! please do tell, which township police department?
    And its a travesty of the justice system that in order to protect your rights and hold local municipal police departments accountable you have to spend a lot of money on lawyers fees and court costs.
    All to a loss when some idiot liberal leftwing elected local yokel judge throws out the lawsuit based on their personal interpretation of "Shall not be infringed upon".

Seriously. In order for anyone to get justice in this country anymore they need to have very deep pockets. And then its still a despicable process that would have been unnecessary if the cop would have followed the law.
    Last edited by bigandy1966; January 24th, 2012 at 08:34 AM.
    Derrion Albert was my Hero.

(Indiana County)

Gunlawyer has stated that it is not a crime to lie to the police (the Feds yes, not the police in general).
    Do as you will when asked if you have a weapon.

As for going to the chief, why not?
    If you have to go over his head, why is that so hard?
    City council is over his head right?
    Township supervisors?
    State Reps?
    Local Paper? Show up at a council meeting, is there a reporter normally there at most meetings?

I had a problem with a local PO when I bought my house, I went to the chief the next day. No satisfaction so I called a couple council members and said I would be at the next meeting to voice my complaint.
    Got a call from the cop apologizing for his stupidity the next day and the idiotic practice that was part of his routine has now been stopped.

I would at least make a couple calls.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by bigandy1966 View Post

~snip~
    Seriously. In order for anyone to get justice in this country anymore they need to have very deep pockets. And then its still a despicable process that would have been unnecessary if the cop would have followed the law.
    Anymore? This has been a problem with our justice system for years, only those that can afford it, get it. Honestly, it's why most people just comply with police orders, why people consider going home and not ending up in jail a "good encounter", it takes too much time and money to fight injustice.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast