Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Jefferson County)

Default Looking for a range

I'm in Punxsutawney. I would like to know what ranges are nearby and available to me?

(Jefferson County)

Default Re: Looking for a range

The only indoor range is in DuBois. It is private, members only. You have to qualify with your guns. The range is limited to standard handgun rounds - no magnums. Joining requires doing a dog and pony show. No "pro-shop", once a member you get the door combination. There aren't any employees.

You're best off joining a sportsmanship club that has a range. The are less formal and don't have all the asinine rules.
    Last edited by knight0334; January 29th, 2012 at 03:22 AM.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

Whatever happened to the .22 range in the barn at Hanley and Bird?

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by SigSauer226 View Post
    Whatever happened to the .22 range in the barn at Hanley and Bird?
    I never knew there was a range there.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    I never knew there was a range there.
    Yep, my dad took me there when I was a kid. I asked him about it the other day and he said that they closed it for insurance purposes quite a few years ago.

(Clarion County)

You have so much wood land why do you find a range of interest? I have a little 5 acer plot off Fisher Seigal Rd. , PM me .It's safe and in the middle of no-where.
    Last edited by dman; March 5th, 2012 at 07:17 PM.

(Jefferson County)

i have the same problem man i was shooting at a place out past my area (i'm in big run just outside of punxsy) but now they have no trespassing signs because people kept tearing the place up and had no respect for the range...i haven't been shooting in over a year and to me thats sad lol

(Clarion County)

I live in Clarion county and I have friends with camps in Jefferson county , I've never been to a range. There are so many places to shoot what is it about a range that you desire -vs- freely shooting .

How many yards do need ? Do you have your own fire arms ?
    Maybe I'll have to go to a range and see why ?

(Jefferson County)

I have a few friends with camps around here as well but they are all lazy and all they like doing is going to the bar which really isn't my thing lol so that leaves me with no place to shoot and no one to shoot with

i just want to shoot don't much care where at just as long as i can safely and legally...shooting is like meditation for me lol the place i went to was a open range on a back road...pretty much a free shoot range but like i said last time i was there they put up signs because people had no respect for the range so i can't really blame them. i've never been to actual range myself either mainly for two reasons 1 i can't use the ammunition i have at an indoor range (i use mainly military surplus fmj though i just picked up 500 rnds of wpa fmj 223 and 840 rnds of surplus 7.62x54r for the Mosin) and 2 i can't move around when i shoot i like to do moving drills now and then

minimum of probably 100 yards although more yardage would not be frowned upon lol i have a RIA 1911 45ACP Gov. Model,custom built Spikes Tactical ar 15 M4 variant as mil spec as possible minus the auto sear of course and for it i follow the K.I.S.S. philosophy,and a good ol 1940 Mosin Nagant 91/30 with a scout scope setup

(Clarion County)

When I was 16 , I was not your normal kid. I wanted to do things nobody else wanted to.
    I wanted to do these things to the point where I would hope to share the experience with some one but they always had a reason they couldn't.

Had I sat and waited , I'd never of done the things I have done or seen in my life time.

It did take awhile to learn how to enjoy just myself but I started doing it so many times , it grew on me.

On occasion people get to wandering and said why and how can you go out for 3 weeks by yourself , why do you do that ? Easy , you don't want to I do.

I didn't wait for anybody or I never would of had the life I've had.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast