Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Elk County)

Default Re: Looking for a range

Try Ridgeway rifle club. pistol, rifle, and 1000 yd targets.

http://www.ridgwayrifleclub.com/

Theres one in DuBois.Ive never been there but my son has.It cost $40 a year to join. Theres a free outdoor range somewhere in Fallscreek.You have to have a hunting license to shoot there. Ive never been there either as i have property of my own to shoot on. I live near Punxy.

(Clearfield County)

There's a 100 yard range off 219 between Falls Creek and Brockway also. Open to anyone as far as I know.

(Jefferson County)

Exclamation Re: Looking for a range

There is a new indoor range in Reynoldsville. The name does not at all resemble a shooting range, but it is. The place is called Wendy's Wigwam and is located in Reynoldsville on east main street (Rt 322). They currently have 3 lanes that go a distance of 50 yards (150ft) and no known caliber restrictions. There are no memberships, so I just showed up, paid minimal fee and was throwing lead down range.

I dont think they have a web page, but they are on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/wendyswigwam

(Butler County)

Having just moved to the area, I really appreciated this thread.

Joined the Dubois Rifle & Pistol club, just need to qualify to fire centerfire pistols. Qualifications consist of putting 5 rounds on a target at 50' and demonstrating safe handling practices. They are open stalls with no barriers between shooters, so knowing my fellow shooters have at least 3 brain cells is nice.

Can only fire at targets at the 50' mark, no closer no farther. And yes, no magnum rounds.

Wendy's Wigwam, paid her a visit this weekend. Nice little range and Wendy was great to talk to and made the MRS feel right at home. Will go there when I need a magnum or rifle fix and don't want to brave the cold of winter.

Still need to check out a rifle range for the warmer months. Ridgway looks promising, but someplace closer to Brookville would be nice.

And the option of buying a chunk of real estate for BigPoppa's Private Range has preliminary approval of my finance director.

(Erie County)

Do you know the address for that range? I'm up in Bradford, and a cheap to free range would be awsome to be able to shoot at.

(Somerset County)

You mean the one between Fall Creek and Brockway referenced above (and a long time ago)? It's probably the Game Commission Range on SGL 77 just north of the I 80 interchange. Long haul from Bradford, surely there is something closer. It's not exactly free either, you need a hunting license or range permit.

Dale

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by dk99358 View Post
    You mean the one between Fall Creek and Brockway referenced above (and a long time ago)? It's probably the Game Commission Range on SGL 77 just north of the I 80 interchange. Long haul from Bradford, surely there is something closer. It's not exactly free either, you need a hunting license or range permit.

Dale
    That is probably it..

We don't have much for ranges around here. Places that do have them - sportsmans clubs, game land ranges(only 1 left in the area, I think), DuBois indoor(members only, restricted calibers, have to qualify to move up in calibers), and Wendy's. ...that is pretty much it.

Most folks around here though shoot on their own land, or family/friend's lands.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12