Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Westmoreland County)

Default Pennsylvania's Brady Campaign Scorecard

Color me ignorant but I’ve been sleep walking through life thinking that the great state of Pennsylvania was one of the better pro-gun states in the union. Doing some homework on the matter I found that the Brady campaign (know they enemy) considers us to be a top ten state as far as their approval ratings for gun control. They basically rank us in there with Illinois, Maryland, and Michigan.

Is this misleading or do we really have that much work to do?

Anyone else surprised by this?

Default Re: Pennsylvania's Brady Campaign Scorecard

It's a bit misleading though, yes, there is much work to be done. 10 of our 26 shameful Brady points are because all handgun transfers require a background check, and 4 more are for the "Record of Sale Database." BTW, there is a 9 point gap between PA and IL. PA's details are at http://www.bradycampaign.org/stategunlaws/scorecard/PA.

Quote Originally Posted by JCF191101 View Post
    Color me ignorant but I’ve been sleep walking through life thinking that the great state of Pennsylvania was one of the better pro-gun states in the union. Doing some homework on the matter I found that the Brady campaign (know they enemy) considers us to be a top ten state as far as their approval ratings for gun control. They basically rank us in there with Illinois, Maryland, and Michigan.

Is this misleading or do we really have that much work to do?

Anyone else surprised by this?
    Why would we care what those sociopaths think?

And I use the term "sociopath" intentionally.

They've gone through more name changes than Liz Taylor. They've renamed themselves to conceal their true goal of universal disarmament, their entire existence is about deceiving Americans about who they are and what they do. They are the Dana Reed of non-profits.

They look at spree shootings the way normal people look at money found in an old suit pocket.

They push legislation that they KNOW will not reduce gun violence, or any violence, and they do it in the name of reducing gun violence.

They whine about "children" killed in gun accidents, but include people of active-duty military service age in their definition of "children".

While whining about fictitious gun accidents, they simultaneously oppose all safety training that might teach kids how to act around guns. The only gun safety training they like is a hurdle that lifelong gun owners would have to surmount, Chicago-style.

They oppose PICTURES of guns, for "safety" reasons.

They love those gun-free zones, despite the incontrovertible evidence that these are the hunting grounds of choice for spree shooters.

They have been trying to get national and state gun registration imposed for decades, and they always try for the same outcome under different names, whether it's "ballistic fingerprinting" or "1 gun a month" or "gun owner licensing" or outright registration. They know that they can't ban all guns until the govt knows where they are, so they NEED registration in order to achieve their real goal, the goal that dare not speak its name.

These people are deluded nut jobs, and I frankly don't care if they think we're a gun-nazi role model or the new Dodge City.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Westmoreland County)

Gunlawyer -

Well I don’t think that we should really “care” what they think as much as it would be nice to be public enemy #1. When all of the things you just stated are true gunlawyer (and they are) it would be nice to find yourself as least compliant as possible with their agenda.

I actually stumbled upon this looking for a list rating gun friendly states. I couldn’t find anything definitive so I figured the next best thing would be to “reverse” their rankings.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by JCF191101 View Post
    I actually stumbled upon this looking for a list rating gun friendly states. I couldn’t find anything definitive so I figured the next best thing would be to “reverse” their rankings.
    Right. I looked at their scorecard and defintely saw some things we need to work on that I hadn't even thought of

Arizona = 0

Wow
    Derrion Albert was my Hero.

(Allegheny County)

Aren't they just totally wrong about the 'some local control'?

Even the requirement to have a LTCF to open carry in Philly is a state law, not a local regulation.

Quote Originally Posted by heili View Post
    Aren't they just totally wrong about the 'some local control'?

Even the requirement to have a LTCF to open carry in Philly is a state law, not a local regulation.
    I have not looked at the Brady site or their charts, but I assume that somewhere in there they take credit for "successes". To do that, they need to make stuff up, so they undoubtedly look at Philadelphia's illegal ordinances and claim credit for them.

BTW, the Brady loons have maybe 28,000 paid members, and a full-time staff of 15-30 people (according to various Web sources). The NRA has 4,300,000 paid members and thousands of employees. The NRA has more people just on its Board of Directors (around 76 people) than the Brady loonies have on their entire staff. In other words, for every American who joins the "mainstream" Brady club, ONE HUNDRED AND FIFTY-THREE join that "fringe" group NRA.

Yep, everybody's out of step but Brady.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    I have not looked at the Brady site or their charts, but I assume that somewhere in there they take credit for "successes". To do that, they need to make stuff up, so they undoubtedly look at Philadelphia's illegal ordinances and claim credit for them.
    They also state in one section that the state retains records ('giving' us 2 points) and then later say that there is no state record keeping and 'award' no points.

So not even all the points they have 'given' PA should be there.

Their assignment of points is as inaccurate as their name.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post

BTW, the Brady loons have maybe 28,000 paid members, and a full-time staff of 15-30 people (according to various Web sources). The NRA has 4,300,000 paid members and thousands of employees. The NRA has more people just on its Board of Directors (around 76 people) than the Brady loonies have on their entire staff. In other words, for every American who joins the "mainstream" Brady club, ONE HUNDRED AND FIFTY-THREE join that "fringe" group NRA.

Yep, everybody's out of step but Brady.
    Hmmmm....... what percentage of gunowners might that represent besides not enough???
    Its easier to fool people than to convince them they've been fooled....Mark Twain

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast