Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Glock 19 Companion for convenience and SHTF

Quote Originally Posted by cake0110 View Post
    I find myself making trips to the ammo counter so I can still get my carbine fix.
    Junkie...
    BCM and Glock...for a bigger pile of 'cold dead hands' brass.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by fastfive0 View Post
    if your worried about snipers....its probably too late lol, a good marksman will pick you off long before you realize where he is.....also, if buying glock mags for a true SHTF scenario, buy full size glock 17 mags for the extra capacity and the 33rnds for the same reason. They will work in all glock 9mm's and the kel tec. Keep the standard 15 rnds mags for your EDC.
    ^^ This is pretty much what I was getting at ^^

"Hey fellow members of my survivor commune, what's that over there behind that (*slump*)..."

Too late

You'll drive yourself crazy trying to account for every possible scenario. (Making myself a target for sniper fire would not be one of my primary concerns, personally...)

Just the fact that you've thought it through puts you ahead of 99% of folks. Just don't get too hung up on "if's and but's."

As others have said, if you get a pistol-caliber carbine that you like and which runs well (I have no experience w/ that KelTec, BTW), you will not be inclined to just leave it home while you go shoot other stuff @ the range... Too much fun...

Regards,

Bones

(Lycoming County)

I agree with Palerider.

You already have a G19.

If you can easily carry the G19 concealed then get a G17 for higher capacity.

If you cannot easily conceal your G19, get a G26 for a better capacity to conceal.

This way you are using the same ammo and can stock up on one kind and not have to start stockpiling several calibers.

Then, for higher cap incidents, get one or two of the 33 round magazines and keep one loaded and by the bed!

After all, the spring of a mag does not wear out from remaining loaded or unloaded but from constant use.

So there would be no concern your 33 rounder would develop spring issues if it sits there loaded.

Just some thoughts ...

God bless!!

PPP
    I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life. - Jesus Christ

(Montgomery County)

"id rather have guns and not need them, then need guns and not have them."

Quote Originally Posted by rsiros View Post
    I've been looking into finding something compatible with my G19 for convenience and SHTF. I looked at the Keltec sub2000 and have also been considering another 9mm glock... not sure if G26 or G17 makes better sense. My initial thought is that the bigger guns may sit in the safe while the G26 can be carried, but the bigger guns have more utility. Any ideas and pros/cons?
    456 - Thats a smart move really whatever decision you make between the Glcoks would be a good one the G26 and G17 are mag comaptiable with the G19.

Personally in a SH$% situation more is better the G17 will give larger mags for the G19 and 17 with the G26 the G19 would feed the 26. The G26 offers concealabilty I wonder if that a big factor when evrybody is carrying guns openly in the sh%$ that is. Sounds like a win win no matter which you choose. Good luck.

(Chester County)

I bought a S2K as a mate to my G17. Definitely a good call. The carbine folds in half and fits in a backpack or 17" laptop case very discreetly. The thing is accurate and so far mine has been 100% reliable. For about $300 you can't go wrong. The front sight is a little cheap looking but it works and there are replacements available.

Any additional magazines should at least be G17s. They will fit any smaller Glock (19 or 26). You shouild also opt for the S2K that takes the G17 mags. The S2K grip is shorter than the Glock grip so the G17 model has a grip roughly the same size as a Glock 19. For additional Glock factory mags including 33 round mags check out Botachtactical.com. I wouldn't trust other than factory mags for serious use.

Good luck with your search.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123