Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Westmoreland County)

Default The Rifleman--"Are You In?"

In the NRA Rifleman February 2012 publication, they have in large bold print down the left side.....ALL OUR VICTORIES. ALL OUR RIGHTS. ALL OUR FREEDOMS. EVERYTHING IS ON THE LINE IN 2012. IT WILL TAKE ALL OF US TO PRESERVE THEM. ARE YOU IN?

Well, this is near the end of my NRA membership, and I have to say....the "line" here looks similar to something that PETA would blurb out to their membership. What a fundraising fear tactic this one is.

I'm "all in" for ousting Obama.....but the NRA isn't going to see one damn dime of my money.

The NRA is what they are. But they are not for all gun owners rights. They screwed me over for $$$$$ and that's a fact.

There are other ways to defeat Obama. Besides scaring up your membership.

What a used car salesmanship approach.

Dave

Default Re: The Rifleman--"Are You In?"

I thought this thread was going to be in violation of the site rules posting sexual innuendos in the title....

If God didn't intend us to have guns why would he have given us a trigger finger?

(Lebanon County)

Every election, according to the NRA, is the "End of the line". I thought (according to them) with Obama in the White House, all of our guns would be gone by now. Don't get me wrong, if he could do it in one fell swoop, he would try it. The doomsday scenario makes the NRA money.
    Last edited by nijwnfi; January 21st, 2012 at 10:59 AM.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by MrBi11 View Post
    I thought this thread was going to be in violation of the site rules posting sexual innuendos in the title....
    That's really a stretch. I can't even get close to where your coming from on that one.

But....back on point....yeah....the NRA is using the fear factor to raise money...protect their position....keep their jobs....and pound their drum.

Hey...it's America. Fear mongering is a valid sales approach.

Dave

(Cumberland County)

Wink Re: The Rifleman--"Are You In?"

the only reason obama has not come after gun owners (openly) is because he wants a second term. when he gets it the shit hits the fan. it does not take a political major to understand this.

(Monroe County)

So the question begs; If tomorrow the gov outlawed all guns, would you just wet yourself and turn them in?

The bloody NRA could not be bothered to raise a voice in opposition to the nomination of Eric-the-with-Holder. They claimed it was not worth the political capital. This is the same Holder who was complicit in sweeping the Waco debacle under the rug and the NRA was worried about "political capital"?

We now see that Holder is deeply involved in the ongoing cover-up of Project Gun-Walker/Operation Fast Furious. Now the NRA wants you to shuck out money to defeat Obama?

That is richly funny in a very sick kind of way.

PISS ON THE NRA!

(Allegheny County)

The NRA is much more than a lobbyist for our gun rights. They sponsor many programs around the shooting sports, not to mention firearm safety, training, and youth programs. I think it's a mistake to focus only on a single area they are involved in to condemn the whole organization. BTW, don't misunderstand me, I'm not a diehard NRA flag waving member. I just look beyond NRA's shortcomings in the political arena.
    Last edited by Hawk; January 22nd, 2012 at 10:45 AM.
    Toujours prêt

(Westmoreland County)

First....your suppose to be at PMGC shooting CMP. So....butt the hell out of my post...and start your own.

Second, the NRA attempts to be "all things to all gun owners". But when it gets down to brass tacs, the NRA for the most part, is a strong gun lobby....but for the little guy.....it's a bunch of smoke 'n mirrors to raise money.

When the little guy needs help, the NRA will kick him to the curb and think nothing of it. Because the loss of one member means nothing to them. Even if it's the wrong thing to do and completely contrary to what they stand for.

And yes, I know this from personal experience. The NRA Blows.

Dave

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by DavidTM View Post
    First....your suppose to be at PMGC shooting CMP. So....butt the hell out of my post...and start your own.

Second, the NRA attempts to be "all things to all gun owners". But when it gets down to brass tacs, the NRA for the most part, is a strong gun lobby....but for the little guy.....it's a bunch of smoke 'n mirrors to raise money.

When the little guy needs help, the NRA will kick him to the curb and think nothing of it. Because the loss of one member means nothing to them. Even if it's the wrong thing to do and completely contrary to what they stand for.

And yes, I know this from personal experience. The NRA Blows.

Dave
    Dave,
    I didn't associate your forum name on PAFOA with you until now.

I'll leave you with a story that relates my sentiments to your issue with the NRA and the back story.

Many years ago I had a friend who met a girl he thought was going to be his soul mate. My friend was intelligent, but not a young man (40ish). After about 8 month's of dating she broke up with him and it hit him pretty hard. Several month's later after listening to his continual whining about the break up, I looked him in the eye and told him I didn't want to hear about it anymore. I told him to man up, pull up his boot straps, and move the f*ck on. He did.
    Toujours prêt

(Westmoreland County)

Hawk,

I hear what your saying. And you don't hear me whine about the NRA on a constant basis at the Club.

However, when the NRA whines about how the sky is falling, and how they are the protector of the small guy and the the red "S" on their chest for all gun owners, then they have the balls to put it on a gun rag that members pay for, I believe I have a right to call a spade a spade.

And I believe I have a right to tell the Lemmings that the NRA sucks. Why? Because they do.

The NRA still stands out there and waives their flag that they are to do all and end all for gun owners, hunters, disabled gun owners\hunters, women gun owners.

When all they do is raise money.....promote fear....keep their high paying jobs, nice cars, wonderful perks, great benefits, and on and on. I'm willing to bet the mortgage that if I went in to that organization, I could cut out 20% of hog-fat without even digging deep into it.

Either that, or allocate that hog-fat to a team of people that would actually do what the NRA lip-services that they say they actually do.

So....for gun owners who keep sending their hard earned dollars to the NRA, and are proud of the fact that they are "life members" and or whatever other title they want to give themselves....it's all a house of cards and a bunch of bullshit.

So, You don't hear me bitch at the Club. I will if someone begins to promote the "goodness" of the NRA. But I don't soapbox what they did to me.

But, I will point out the fact that when they spread their cowshit, it is just that. Cowshit. And their magazine of most recent release, is cowshit.

But then, let me tell you how I really feel. And if you don't want to read about it, don't read my post. (BTW, this may be the second post about it that I've done.) And if I go off on someone at the Club, your probably best to walk out. There have been plenty of times in my life where I've been screwed over. You live and move on. But when some one with a Hitler type personality stands there and perverbally shoots you in the head for no reason other than you are physically different, and the NRA says they will stand up for you....then they tell their janitor to call you because they changed their mind, it sticks with you longer than being jilted by a woman, screwed by a car salesman, overcharged by a local garage, sold a collector gun by a gypsy from Alabama.

You don't understand it because you have never walked the mile. Walk the mile and then you will see the light.

Dave
    Last edited by DavidTM; January 22nd, 2012 at 04:05 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast