Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Cumberland County)

Cool Re: The Rifleman--"Are You In?"

wow, something going on here behind the blinds. oh well maybe we will get the whole story as it plays out. i am not a die hard flag waving hardcore nra kinda guy although i do belong. no one here can dispute the nra is the largest most influential organization of it,s type. is it perfect? no. can it do better? yes. in my opinion for the modest funds they ask for they are still the biggest bang you can get for your buck. there are other organizations out there trying but their size and resources limit their effectiveness. when something better comes along i will be glad to participate until then i would rather try something than sit on my hands and bitch about it. but then again that,s what separates the doers from the whiners. by the way i am open for REAL constructive ideas on alternatives to reach the goals we are all striving for, not a whiners criticism of a organization that does not include a solution.

(Westmoreland County)

Default Re: The Rifleman--"Are You In?"

Red Dog,

Let me give you an example. Let's suppose you like to shoot. Let's also suppose you have red hair. Now, a gun club you belong to....elects a new Board that decides to terminate all red haired members. Even though this is against the Club by-laws which demand any termination of a member be given a fair hearing, and any said charges against the member be stated at such meeting by the accuser, and any other evidence presented. Then an independent panel makes the determination of if you should or should not remain in the Club.

But this wasn't done for you. They just sent you a letter saying your out. No reason. Your just out. But you know that your the only red haired member there.

You contact the NRA and provide them with all the documentation you have. They state it's a clear cut case of discrimination. They state they will provide you with assistance and "fix" this obvious broken situation.

Two months go by. You call and no one calls back. Finally, they tell a new attorney that they just hired who hasn't even passed the bar yet, to call you and say they can't help. No reason. This guy doesn't know why and the people you talked to before now live on another planet and are not available for the rest of your life to speak to you.

Funny how that works? 150 dues paying members.....vs 1.

You call that whining? I call it ??? Money grabbing whores. Solution? Maybe you have one. Ever walk the mile? Ever see the mile? Do you even know what a mile is?

Dave

(Cumberland County)

Wink Re: The Rifleman--"Are You In?"

lets see davidtm, have i offered a solution? no. apparently i do not have one. would i like a solution that makes all things fair to all? of course because that is the way it should be. have i walked a mile, seen a mile , know what i mile is? of course, matter of fact if you look at the jeans i am wearing i have even crawled a mile. the knees are worn out. not all things are fair in life and you WILL be burnt at some point. i don,t know your situation but here is my take. the nra is a large organization, it is not set up or should be used for every members individual problems. they have to fight the battles that will reflect on the largest membership as possible. were you treated right? possibly no. does that mean this organization should be bad mouthed.? no. criticized, ok i,ll give you that one. still this does not take away the good that we receive from their efforts. just because you have not received the benefits you think you so rightly deserve does not mean they deserve a hardcore bashing. this is a major problem today in our society (individualism) nobody is willing to be a part of something larger than ourselves for the common good. it seems if we do not receive a direct benefit we pout. i for one enjoy what i do receive and i am content in knowing that at least SOME of what i contribute, financially and personally at least does some good for the common cause. all i can say to you at this point is i am sorry you were burnt by a club(that,s what i got from your response). if this entity did you wrong it is there loss not yours. move on, i am sure your contributions somewhere else will be appreciated more fully. again wrongs happen to all of us, how we deal is a direct reflection of our fortitude, resilience and overall character.

(Westmoreland County)

Reddog,

That's a really nice speech. You could take out certian words and replace them with "Obama" and "Health Care" and end up with our current President's message about covering all Americans for....as you say...."the good for the common cause."

But somehow....now that I've twisted your words like you have twisted mine, maybe you will actually think....and understand that I'm not "bashing" just for shits 'n giggles. My point is the NRA stated under no uncertian terms they would do "X". Then....they came back through the back door via the new guy, and said "nevermind"....and they didn't have the balls to tell me face to face, nor give me even a hint of a reason.

Wrap your soapbox speech around that. Oh...try to keep on track here and not give a JFK rah-rah speech. The NRA does enough of that.

I have holes in my jeans to. But you have never walked the mile. If you did, you would never post such blather.

DAve
    Last edited by DavidTM; January 23rd, 2012 at 06:43 AM.

(Clinton County)

Damn. I thought there was a Movie coming out based on the old Chuck Connors TV show called the "Rifleman".
    The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by B2Luv2Hunt View Post
    Damn. I thought there was a Movie coming out based on the old Chuck Connors TV show called the "Rifleman".
    B2LH, That was a Damn good show!!!! If I remember, Connors had that short Lever action with the big loop Lever. I can't recall the caliber...or if they ever mentioned it.

But....since you mentioned the old series in this post, what the NRA blurbed in their Rag and what the Rifleman show was, are in fact pretty close. Fiction based upon "what could possibly be."

You know.....we could be hit by an asteroid to.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by red dog View Post
    lets see davidtm, have i offered a solution? no. apparently i do not have one. would i like a solution that makes all things fair to all? of course because that is the way it should be. have i walked a mile, seen a mile , know what i mile is? of course, matter of fact if you look at the jeans i am wearing i have even crawled a mile. the knees are worn out. not all things are fair in life and you WILL be burnt at some point. i don,t know your situation but here is my take. the nra is a large organization, it is not set up or should be used for every members individual problems. they have to fight the battles that will reflect on the largest membership as possible. were you treated right? possibly no. does that mean this organization should be bad mouthed.? no. criticized, ok i,ll give you that one. still this does not take away the good that we receive from their efforts. just because you have not received the benefits you think you so rightly deserve does not mean they deserve a hardcore bashing. this is a major problem today in our society (individualism) nobody is willing to be a part of something larger than ourselves for the common good. it seems if we do not receive a direct benefit we pout. i for one enjoy what i do receive and i am content in knowing that at least SOME of what i contribute, financially and personally at least does some good for the common cause. all i can say to you at this point is i am sorry you were burnt by a club(that,s what i got from your response). if this entity did you wrong it is there loss not yours. move on, i am sure your contributions somewhere else will be appreciated more fully. again wrongs happen to all of us, how we deal is a direct reflection of our fortitude, resilience and overall character.

+1 ^

Dave,
    "The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one". -Spock

BTW, what are you doing with a copy of the NRA publication of the Rifleman, let alone reading it?
    Last edited by Hawk; January 23rd, 2012 at 10:08 AM.
    Toujours prêt

(Westmoreland County)

Ya know, nobody actually reads anymore. I've covered the above crap in my post. I'd point it out....but that's gonna take to much energy. It's there, go back and test your skills of reading and comprehension.

But then, I don't know if the posters think that if they continue to say it over and over and over, that I will eventually acquiesce, or....more than likely....they just don't get it.

I'm thinking it's a 80\20 "Just don't get it" likely-hood.

Yeah......I'm going with that.

Dave

(Cumberland County)

Cool Re: The Rifleman--"Are You In?"

davidtm, glad you liked the (speech) not that it was intended to be one. these are my thoughts and i actually believe in what i said. taking my comment of the common good out of context does not further your argument in the least. i almost feel slighted with my words being associated with obama and his joke of a health care system. but considering the source i can not take offence. btw i do not recall twisting your words as you say. one must keep in mind when starting a thread such as this that you are going to get some opposing views and they may possibly be steadfast in their beliefs. taking offense to another,s view will not add any credibility to your own. i never once thought you started this for shits a giggles because you made it quite clear that you felt you had been done wrong. while i am at it i never cared much for the kennedy clan as well. now for the big one, to make the assumption that i have never walked a mile without knowing me really lets your true colors shine. i for one have no doubt that you have or had some adversity in your life and i would no more make the statement that you have not walked the mile than call you a fat out liar. i can not help but think your outlook on life might be some of the problem. again i sincerely hope things improve for you in the future as i do believe you really have something to contribute to this forum as well as the gun culture as well. having said this my time is done with this one.

(Westmoreland County)

Well Red Dog,

If you knew me you would know that the matter isn't a petty one. It may seem petty to some, but to keep you out because of "how you are" isn't right.

And for the NRA to state that they will stand up for you, and then back out, giving no valid reason, simply isn't right.

Principles are what this country and our value system stands on. And when I worked for a living, that's what my career was built on. When you toss those principles aside and say "well....you just have to move on", that gives credibility to those who promote discrimination and to those who have the power (like the NRA) to do something about it.

So, you can be a Lemming and follow the "let it go" crowd. I built a career on "Let's fight this because we can and because it's wrong and because we will win."

So....weave that into your "better for all" speech of cow dung.

Dave

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12