Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Indiana County)

Default Re: Monroeville PA Gunshow - Monroeville Convention Center Feb 4-5

Quote Originally Posted by ttr250 View Post
    i personally thought the show was way over priced.. an not much variety on guns... might as well been a kel tec or Taurus convention.
    Every large "Convention" center type show I've been to in the past 10 years is overpriced.

20 years ago you could go to a show and find that the dealers were actually trying to sell stuff, not compete with each other as to who could get away with the highest prices.

I mainly go to the small "firehall" shows with kitchen table dealers and private "collectors". Many of these guys seem more willing to deal.

I went this time to Monroeville because I was looking for an older model reloading scale, some brass and my brother was looking for either a shotty or AR parts for me to build up a rifle for him.
    If he hadn't had been going, I probably would have stayed home.

The guy he bought the shotgun from did have a good price and did not gouge on the magical paperwork fee.
    I checked the wholesale price and he got it for under what my guy could have gotten it for.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by ttr250 View Post
    i personally thought the show was way over priced.. an not much variety on guns... might as well been a kel tec or Taurus convention.
    You know now that you mention it there WERE a ALOT of Taurus' and Kel-Tecs there. I was at the show Saturday shopping I didn't conciously notice that but you are right. Most every fair sized dealer had a boat-load of both in their cases. I can understand that. Hey, they're cheap and they sell.

As for my shopping trip, I found a few decent buys. Mostly from guys walking around. Best find was a New-In-Display Case S&W Model 19 Pa. State Police 75th Anniversery.

I hooked up with Noah Zark to check out a few items of his. Neither of us are big fans of this particular show but held our noses and went for a quick look-see anyway.

(Armstrong County)

This was the first time we have done this show in almost a year. Its tough to pass up a show so close to home, but if it sucks, it sucks. I realize to in most cases, since our products are not cash and carry, that we will do a lot of talking and educating. Its just the way the NFA game is.
    The crowd numbers were great, and i saw a lot of people doing paper work, which is fantastic.
    The dealer Flathead's brother picked up the shotgun from covered his tables by mid/late afternoon due to the number of people that had purchased a gun and were waiting to do paperwork.

Its a shame when you drive to Harrisburg or York to do a show and have a more profitable show than in your back yard.

As far as the flea market...we were set up next to Direct TV and some gel pack massage crap....enough said
    Better than next to the gutter guy and the constant running water. His gutter would have accidentally sprung a leak with in the first few hours.

I did pick up an half decent No4 MK1 for my C&R fix.
    Last edited by Nate7667; February 6th, 2012 at 09:20 AM.
    HGW, llc ~ Title 1 & NFA sales/manufacturing ~ Transfers - Title 1 $20 - NFA $50

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by bigjlen View Post
    By removing the x factor of loaded guns, it greatly helps the safety of everyone.
    The reason people flame you for this thinking is that it isn't very much different than "If nobody had <loaded> guns the world would be safer for everyone." It is assumed that the people on this board strongly believe otherwise, so when you opine as above it stirs people up. For my part I've talked to plenty of "gun people" who were scared to death by people in general having arms. I'm more afraid of people with cars than I am of people with guns.

Quote Originally Posted by bigjlen View Post
    with good parking access
    Now you're just being silly. That parking lot was designed by Satan himself. Made worse by the fact that many jackweed dealers don't seem to understand that you drop your shit off and then park in the adjacent lot so that people who want to shop can actually park in the lot by the building. Then they bitch about poor attendance and sales. Good job guys.
    It has to start someplace... It has to start sometime...
    What better place than here? What better time than now! - RAtM

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Nate7667 View Post
    This was the first time we have done this show in almost a year. Its tough to pass up a show so close to home, but if it sucks, it sucks. I realize to in most cases, since our products are not cash and carry, that we will do a lot of talking and educating. Its just the way the NFA game is.
    The crowd numbers were great, and i saw a lot of people doing paper work, which is fantastic.
    The dealer Flathead's brother picked up the shotgun from covered his tables by mid/late afternoon due to the number of people that had purchased a gun and were waiting to do paperwork.

Its a shame when you drive to Harrisburg or York to do a show and have a more profitable show than in your back yard.

As far as the flea market...we were set up next to Direct TV and some gel pack massage crap....enough said
    Better than next to the gutter guy and the constant running water. His gutter would have accidentally sprung a leak with in the first few hours.

I did pick up an half decent No4 MK1 for my C&R fix.
    I would have bought a RDIAS if you had one.

(Armstrong County)

LMAO
    I need to find two, one for you and one for myself for a retirement fund.
    HGW, llc ~ Title 1 & NFA sales/manufacturing ~ Transfers - Title 1 $20 - NFA $50

(Elk County)

I was in town anyway and got to the show Sat AM before the line got long. Met ScotsGuards inside just after the open and we transacted our business, then I did a walk-by at several dealers, chatted a bit, and was out the door at 0945 for the next appointment at a shop NW of Pittsburgh to make another sale, then a quick bite for lunch and a stop at Ikea before heading home.

The only purchases were the chicken sandwich and Coke for lunch, and the bookcase at Ikea.

Even staying at the show for 45 mins, I saw that there were quite a few people filling out 4473s, and some people carrying out ammo. A number of the non-gun vendors were not there -- not as many cheap Chinese knife dealers, and the extremely annoying boomerang helicopter guy was MIA, thankfully. Still, Direct TV and some Gel-pack hot water bottle things don't belong, IMO. I know C&E has to fill tables, but I wonder how many consumer product shows, or home improvement shows would accept knife dealers or firearm dealers? That shoe don't fit the other foot.

NATE: I would have said "Hi," but you were engaged in discussion on both of my low-pass fly-bys. I did see that obnoxious guy from Bloodhound next door to you loading his magazines as usual; I would think he's worn out a few LuLas by now, sitting there all day, both days, loading and unloading mags . . .

Noah
    Last edited by Noah_Zark; February 6th, 2012 at 01:17 PM.
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by Noah_Zark View Post

The only purchases were the chicken sandwich and Coke for lunch, and the bookcase at Ikea.

Noah
    Did you get the Billy model bookcase?

(Elk County)

Quote Originally Posted by ViperHummel View Post
    Did you get the Billy model bookcase?

Yep, tall one, black, with the opaque white glass doors.

I can assemble a Billy in about 10 mins, blindfolded.

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by Noah_Zark View Post
    Yep, tall one, black, with the opaque white glass doors.

I can assemble a Billy in about 10 mins, blindfolded.

Noah
    Very nice. I just bought a tall black wood texture billy with no glass doors, a three drawer dresser with glass top, and something else. Good stuff.

Ok, now back to the Gun Show.

I decided not go. No one to go with and I've been spending more on online stores for ammo and accessories. I'm all about supporting local dealers but I refuse to over pay.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast