Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Indiana County)

Default Re: Monroeville PA Gunshow - Monroeville Convention Center Feb 4-5

My brother got a shotgun from the True Vale Hardware people as soon as you walk in, it was priced under wholesale and they don't rake you over with "instant check fees".
    50 rnds of Federal LE buckshot for $35 from CNC Survival.

Other than that, everything else was priced way too high over what my local places price stuff at.
    Was considering a Saiga 12 but not for those prices, only one gun was even close to being in the ball park and to be honest, I didn't like his shitty attitude so I went home with my money intact.

$500 Wasrs and $500 AMD's didn't do it for me, neither did the abundance of Windham AR's.

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by allen16323 View Post
    Let me know if there is any good deals on 9mm and 5.56 if you would please.
    I got a half case (500) of Federal 55 grain FMJ 5.56 for $145 which I thought was a FANTASTIC price! For 500 rounds $145 OTD, that's about what I'd pay for steel cased rubbish to be shipped to me. I also got a couple hundred rounds of American Eagle 9x19 147 grain FLAT NOSE rounds for $12 a box. Not a great price per se but I was intrigued by the flat nose 9x19. I've only ever seen that in .40 S&W. That table was also selling a case (1000) of AE 115 grain FMJ for $199. I thought that a really good price. $10 a box and you don't pay tax or shipping.

Aside from that, I bought a couple of Cold Steel karambits. These knives are unbelievably sharp. The Steel Tiger and Double Agent II. There was a table selling PMAGs 3 for $40 so I bought 6 of them. That's $13.33 per magazine. Tons of good stuff to be had. If you didn't go today, definitely go tomorrow.

(Beaver County)

From the website:
    "All political material must be pre-approved by Show Manager.
    No photography or video allowed without written permission of Promoter.
    No media interviews allowed. NO LOADED FIREARMS--NO EXCEPTIONS!"

WTH?!? I'll never understand that kind of crap...but none the less I'll be there tomorrow, despite having read this thread. I'm not driving and I have not much better to do so I guess I'll check out some of those weight loss products....

Actually now that I think about it...Does that rule make "California OC" acceptable?
    Last edited by spartakis252; February 5th, 2012 at 01:18 AM. Reason: Had an epiphany....

(Allegheny County)

Found 1k of wwb .45 fmj for $250 OTD.

Pretty good deal if you ask me.
    Sec. 21. The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.

Sec. 25. To guard against transgressions of the high powers which we have delegated, we declare that everything in this article is excepted out of the general powers of government and shall forever remain inviolate.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by spartakis252 View Post
    From the website:
    "All political material must be pre-approved by Show Manager.
    No photography or video allowed without written permission of Promoter.
    No media interviews allowed. NO LOADED FIREARMS--NO EXCEPTIONS!"

WTH?!? I'll never understand that kind of crap...but none the less I'll be there tomorrow, despite having read this thread. I'm not driving and I have not much better to do so I guess I'll check out some of those weight loss products....

Actually now that I think about it...Does that rule make "California OC" acceptable?
    Most gun shows have the no loaded weapons rule do to insurance carrier requirments. However, you can bet your A$$ that if you OC, even empty, the wire tie nazis at this show will insist they tie your carry piece. It seems the C&E shows have a higher than normal AD rate than most show series'. As a result their security people are obnoxiously obsessive about this to the point of driving away vendors and public alike.
    Last edited by ScotsGuards; February 5th, 2012 at 01:42 PM.

(Beaver County)

I, for one, don't get bent out of shape about the no loaded firearms and tie-off rule.

Everyone opposed to this rule just assumes that everyone in the general public going to these shows knows how to handle a firearm.
    Now I am far from a safety nazi but have you seen the shit that goes on at these shows by patrons, and vendors alike?
    I am happy that the safety is there.
    There is not a show that goes by, anywhere I've been, that I haven't seen some dummies pissing around with guns or aiming scopes/ sights at other unsuspecting patrons.
    By removing the x factor of loaded guns, it greatly helps the safety of everyone.
    I deal with the general public everyday and generally people are dumb and irresponsible.
    Despite what you may think, many of these same people are attending these local shows.

I'm not a fan of being shot.
    Bitch and flame me if you want.

I'm very happy that shows like this and other exist as it helps to promote the shooting sports.
    Now as for the booths of jerky, fudge, gutters and whatever... Who cares?
    I'm sure most all of us have been to a show with someone that maybe wasn't a huge gun nut such as ourselves.
    By having some other things there, that person we are with may have more interest in going.
    Then, while there, they may see a gun or accessory that they may end up buying that they had no intention of getting to begin with.
    I know my fiancé loves the cookies and fudge just as much as looking at rifles and such... And I admit that those treats are damn tasty.

Many people bitch about this show but then praise the Washington County show which is a huge flea market in itself.
    This show is big, well lit, climate controlled, and in an area with good parking access.
    We should all be happy that there are so many shows in this area.
    Now, I'm not a fanboy of this or any show but I just get tired of hearing the same old bitching about the same old shit.
    If you don't like it, don't go... Stay home and do something else... It's your life.
    Myself, I like going to gun shows... I like guns and gun related stuff so any show is a good show.

I will now get off my soap box and put my flame suit on.
    Thank you for reading.

/rant

(Allegheny County)

Went Saturday. Was pleasantly surprised this time. Picked up a SIG P229 I couldn't live without. Couple Emerson knives, and about 2k of assorted ammo. Some rude folks, but overall better than the last couple I've been to!

Quote Originally Posted by bigjlen View Post
    I, for one, don't get bent out of shape about the no loaded firearms and tie-off rule.

Everyone opposed to this rule just assumes that everyone in the general public going to these shows knows how to handle a firearm.
    Now I am far from a safety nazi but have you seen the shit that goes on at these shows by patrons, and vendors alike?
    There is not a show that goes by, anywhere I've been, that I haven't seen some dummies pissing around with guns or aiming scopes/ sights at other unsuspecting patrons.
    By removing the x factor of loaded guns, it greatly helps the safety of everyone.
    I deal with the general public everyday and generally people are dumb and irresponsible.
    Despite what you may think, many of these same people are attending these local shows.

I'm very happy that shows like this and other exist as it helps to promote the shooting sports.
    I'm sure most all of us have been to a show with someone that maybe wasn't a huge gun nut such as ourselves.
    By having some other things there, that person we are with may have more interest in going.
    Then, while there, they may see a gun or accessory that they may end up buying that they had no intention of getting to begin with.
    I know my fiancé loves the cookies and fudge just as much as looking at rifles and such... And I admit that those treats are damn tasty.

Many people bitch about this show but then praise the Washington County show which is a huge flea market in itself.
    This show is big, well lit, climate controlled, and in an area with good parking access.
    Now, I'm not a fanboy of this or any show but I just get tired of hearing the same old bitching about the same old shit.
    If you don't like it, don't go... Stay home and do something else... It's your life.
    Myself, I like going to gun shows... I like guns and gun related stuff so any show is a good show.

Thank you for reading.

/rant
    Why would you get flamed? Its your opinion. But I have mine.

This rule is precisely why I will never go to this show again.

Enjoy your time there!
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by bigjlen View Post

Thank you for reading.

/rant
    No reason to flame you either. Safety rules are in place at gun shows and many other events to protect others from the careless you mentioned in your post. I'm a vendor at ALOT of gun shows and have seen mirriads of unsafe situations, I've even done first aid on a wounded dealer at a show and am in the uneviable position of enforcing the safety regulations at my job. That being said, one can enforce safety regulations without being an obnoxious toad about it. I've seen the staff clowns at this show in particular jump ugly on people who were complying with the insurance carriers mandated rules. I can undertand a security officer getting stern with someone who was giving them a hard time (I've had to do that myself at places when people got difficult) but these people were just jumped on from the get-go.

(Allegheny County)

i personally thought the show was way over priced.. an not much variety on guns... might as well been a kel tec or Taurus convention.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast